23 members have voted

July 13th, 2017 at 6:15:50 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Evenbob
It's a lot of peoples. Myself and millions of others
voted against Hillary, not for Trump. I was never
enthusiastic about all his promises, if he does
them, great, if he misses a bunch, who cares.
The point was, the bullet train to economic ruin
and 3rd class world status was stopped in it's
tracks and we drove the troll back down to her
wine cellar.

I think your position is not that of "millions" of others. That is another statement from you that I'd like to see some proof to support. Just saying it does not make it true.

The people who supported Trump from the beginning wanted someone who got a wide agenda--not necessarily a completely conservative one--moving to change things that bothered them. He resonated with a lot of people who may not have voted or would normally have voted Democrat in the general election and he pulled in enough votes before that in the primaries to overcome a plethora of mainstream candidates. The bottom line is that he was elected to attempt to enact an agenda. Obama was elected for the same reason (but a very different agenda).

Getting rid of unnecessary regulations and EOs is one thing that he can do. That is only one part of the equation. The power of being president gives him a lot of ways to fix things but he also needs to work on his legislative agenda. Without enacting at least some of it, he will not be viewed favorably. The repeal and replace thing is one thing where he needs to show leadership. He does not have enough of a majority to force it down our throats the way Obamacare was given to us--the Dems had to get it done before Kennedy passed away.

I don't care if "everything" does not get done, but I am sure not happy that the man cannot ignore the Russia non-story and put together a coherent plan to move forward legislatively. If he could do both--tweet stuff about that and move forward--I would be fine with it. That is not what is happening.

He didn't delete 30,000 emails, sell Uranium to Russia, or anything like that, and there is likely no real case to be made on the Russia thing...but he was elected to do things. In my opinion, he has not done enough. Yet. nothing personal, just the business of MAGA!
July 13th, 2017 at 7:15:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
and there is likely no real case to be made on the Russia thing...

Have you been sleepwalking through this week?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 13th, 2017 at 12:47:29 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Have you been sleepwalking through this week?

I still haven't heard anything but a bunch of noise from both sides on whether or not there is anything criminal to be made of any of this. Stupidity is not a crime or there would be lots of Dems and Repubs in jail already.

I'm still not saying there will never be any charges; we just aren't there yet. The thing that I think is most likely is someone getting caught in a perjury trap or simply just committing perjury. It isn't perjury to lie even; you have to lie under the right conditions.
July 13th, 2017 at 1:38:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
I still haven't heard anything but a bunch of noise from both sides on whether or not there is anything criminal

The news is like an echo chamber.

WHERE'S THE CRIME where's the crime where's the crime
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 13th, 2017 at 1:46:20 PM permalink
ams288

GIVE IT TIME give it time give it time
July 13th, 2017 at 2:23:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

GIVE IT TIME give it time give it time

Mueller is just starting the investigation
Its in the early early early stages
Not even a year.
Benghazi went on for years and years and years and years
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 15th, 2017 at 5:20:24 PM permalink
ams288
McCain is stuck in AZ this week. I'm assuming this means the Senate can't vote on TrumpCare till he gets back in DC cause his vote is absolutely needed if they wanna get 50 votes.

July 16th, 2017 at 11:05:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
LOLOLOL It was 18% in April.

Media Conspiracy Narrative Fail: Just 9% of Republicans Think Team Trump Colluded with Russia

"Despite the legacy media’s wall-to-wall coverage of various Russia-related “scandals” involving President Donald Trump’s associates since April, “the number of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who think that the Russians sought to influence the election, and that the Trump team intentionally helped them,” has plummeted from 18 percent in April to nine percent, according to the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll released on Sunday."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 16th, 2017 at 11:27:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Should poll how many will be trapped in perjury convictions and copping various pleas by the end of this.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 16th, 2017 at 5:53:09 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quoting the results of a poll?

Again demonstrating how the signifigance of a poll is correlated with whether or not it supports your beliefs.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan