No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 29th, 2017 at 2:53:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
What you mean is, if he quit it
would solve YOUR problems, not his. LOL!

EB is actually correct for once. If Donald quit, his problems would not be solved. There would still be tons of investigations into his and his corrupt family's shady dealings with Russia. Those will not be solved by him quitting.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 29th, 2017 at 5:10:35 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Don't you think if he pulled a "Nixon" and resigned that Pence wouldn't pull a "Ford" and pardon him?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 29th, 2017 at 6:31:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
Don't you think if he pulled a "Nixon" and resigned that Pence wouldn't pull a "Ford" and pardon him?

What crime is Trump guilty of again, I
forget. Remind me. An actual crime,
not one the Dems dreamed up so
they can cope with losing the election.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 29th, 2017 at 6:54:00 PM permalink
Dalex64
What crime is Trump guilty of again, I
forget. Remind me. An actual crime,
not one the Dems dreamed up so
they can cope with losing the election.

Obstruction of Justice. He admitted it. His cronies in the GOP lack the integrity to deal with it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 29th, 2017 at 7:05:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Obstruction of Justice.

So he's guilty of a real crime and the
media and congress and the justice
dept are just ignoring it. Are you sure
that's the story you want to go with?

(the real media, not CNN and WaPo
and MS,)
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 29th, 2017 at 7:14:26 PM permalink
Dalex64
What crime is Hillary Clinton guilty of again?
July 29th, 2017 at 7:19:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
What crime is Hillary Clinton guilty of again?

That's your comeback? See, you have nothing,
July 30th, 2017 at 6:00:17 AM permalink
Dalex64
I am glad you admit there is nothing to Hillary's alleged crimes. It looks like Trump thinks there is nothing there too - so far he has not kept his campaign promise of appointing a special prosecutor to deal with her, though amazingly he has tweeted complaining that there isn't a special prosecutor looking in to her.

My original point was that if Trump would resign, like Nixon did, would Pence pardon him to put an end to the whole thing, like Ford did?

It is my personal belief that Trump and people in his administration have committed crimes. Whether or not he actually committed a crime, and if anything will be done about it, is now in the hands of Robert Mueller. Hillary had her investigations, and they decided not to do anything. Trump's investigation is still open, obviously, so we still need to wait to see. I don't know how you can suggest that I think they are ignoring it with that investigation going on and the multiple Russia investigations. They are all incomplete. We need to wait until they are done.

Why, at this point in time in his administration, would Trump be educating himself on his ability to grant pardons? This isn't typically when an administration grants pardons. People who receive pardons all have something in common. Who is he planning on pardoning, and what have they done to require a pardon?
July 30th, 2017 at 6:44:26 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

It depends on how much Pence wants to be president, and whether he wants to be re-elected. then on how unpopular Trump is when he resigns or is booted out of office.

Ford was pretty much done for when he pardoned Nixon. Oh, you can argue he was challenged from within his party (by Reagan), and about the recession and other things. But the pardon was deeply unpopular. Popular presidents don't get challenged in the primaries by their own party.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 30th, 2017 at 1:05:16 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Lgbtzxym supporter

?