2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

October 9th, 2017 at 7:41:48 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
The latest poll I saw said 32% approval.

Record lows for a President at this point. Not surprising.

Cherry picking the lowest poll and still had to exagerate. You should actually read the questions in the polls and how they get their results sometimes to understand what the numbers mean. Approval ratings are not determined by asking "who would you vote for in an election".
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 9th, 2017 at 7:52:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Cherry picking the lowest poll and still had to exagerate. You should actually read the questions in the polls and how they get their results sometimes to understand what the numbers mean. Approval ratings are not determined by asking "who would you vote for in an election".

Here's where there was no exaggeration:

"Record lows for a President at this point."

Here's where there was HUGE exaggeration:

"it is more like 45%"

Yeah right. He probably won't get to 45% for the rest of his term.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 9th, 2017 at 7:56:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
VP Pence goes to an NFL game, leaves early when some players kneel during the national anthem.

Reporters who traveled with him were told beforehand he wouldn't be staying long. Huge publicity stunt organized by Donald.

Spent $250,000 of taxpayer money to make it happen.

What a bunch of snowflakes!

Sucking up to the boss
What a brown noser
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 9th, 2017 at 8:30:49 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: pew
No. It was the first in twelve years. Sandy not included.

Why Sandy (2012) not included?

according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Sandy it was the second costliest hurricane in us history.

according to that other article, last month was the first time in 7 years that the us had a net job loss.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/06/us-lost-33000-jobs-in-sept-vs-90000-jobs-increase-expected.html

Quote:
The jobs loss was the first monthly decline in seven years, when the economy was still pulling out of the Great Recession.
The decline reflected the devastating effects from Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.

Quote:
In all, though, 2017 thus far has seen the slowest jobs growth in at least five years.

Maybe there is more to the damaging effects of hurricanes than to body count alone.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 9th, 2017 at 8:40:33 AM permalink
Dalex64
Fake news it is more like 45% he has likely slipped a few points.

Isn't that cherry-picking the highest poll?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_oct09

Even on rasmussen he has only peaked to 46% three times in the past 3 months while spending most of the time in the low to mid-low 40's

Maybe one of you subscribers can tell us how he is doing month by month.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_sep29
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 9th, 2017 at 8:52:44 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64
Isn't that cherry-picking the highest poll?

But isn't Dear Leader Trump always right?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 9th, 2017 at 9:37:31 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
The libs still don't get it! I would give Trump a poor 'job approval rating'. But that does not mean that I would vote for almost any of the far left libs (Sanders, as an example!) that might be put up by the Dems in 2020. I would probably have to vote for myself again.....
October 9th, 2017 at 9:55:01 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Here's where there was no exaggeration:

"Record lows for a President at this point."

Here's where there was HUGE exaggeration:

"it is more like 45%"

Yeah right. He probably won't get to 45% for the rest of his term.

The average of polls on Realclear Politics today 39%. Taking that number I am 6 points high and you at your 30% were 9 points low, who is the bigger bullshitter?

My orginal point though is the polls do not get 100% response and supporters are less likely to respond than haters on any question, also what is the poll bias, what is the question, what fudge factors do the pollsters apply to the raw data to 'correct' the answers they get these all skew the poll results. You also have some republicans who answer "don't approve" of what Trump might be doing and will still vote for him rather than a Dem come next election. The end result is that Trump will get at least 45% support in the next election regardless of how much "you and all your friends" hate him and want to believe what the polls mean is that 70% of the people are against him.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 9th, 2017 at 10:07:33 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The average of polls on Realclear Politics today 39%.

And that is a horrible number, which was my original point.

I have no doubt that the spineless conservatives will support him in the next election (assuming he's on the ballot), no matter how much they disapprove of him now.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 9th, 2017 at 12:09:17 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: SOOPOO
The libs still don't get it! I would give Trump a poor 'job approval rating'. But that does not mean that I would vote for almost any of the far left libs (Sanders, as an example!) that might be put up by the Dems in 2020. I would probably have to vote for myself again.....

I get it. The poll questions are asking about approval rating, not who will you vote for.

The poll comparisons here are being made to other presidents, pointing out the historic lowness of the current president's approval ratings vs the other presidents.

I see a whole lot of deflection back to "that doesn't mean people won't vote for him" and they are right, it doesn't mean people won't vote for him.

But the point people are trying to make, I think, is that he has historically low approval ratings.

You know if enough republicans think he sucks bad enough, he won't get a chance to be an incumbent running for reelection, same as Gerald Ford.