Threads: 146
Watching Trump in FL at a rally
last night. How can you not be
entertained by the guy, he's
funny and has them in the palm
of his hand. He's bigger than life,
he makes Obama look like a nobody
wallflower.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 9th, 2017 at 5:26:19 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine

Or you could take the Rasmussen poll at 42% the highest of the polls instead of Pew as the lowest. Of course a more reasonable person might take RealClearPolitics average of all polls at 38% which has been quite consistent for some time to show what is more likely happening in public opinion.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 9th, 2017 at 5:58:27 PM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
Watching Trump in FL at a rally
last night. How can you not be
entertained by the guy, he's
funny and has them in the palm
of his hand
. He's bigger than life,
he makes Obama look like a nobody
wallflower.

Most likely female genitalia...
December 9th, 2017 at 6:36:36 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I suppose you could call it Hollywood style entertainment, such as a movie or other work of fiction, or professional wrestling, from the number of untrue things he continues to spew.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/dec/08/fact-checking-trumps-make-america-great-again-spee/
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 9th, 2017 at 7:03:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Or you could take the Rasmussen poll at 42% the highest of the polls instead of Pew as the lowest. Of course a more reasonable person might take RealClearPolitics average of all polls at 38% which has been quite consistent for some time to show what is more likely happening in public opinion.

I think we can all agree 38% approval is an awful number for a first year President.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 9th, 2017 at 7:26:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
I suppose you could call it Hollywood style entertainment, /

Call it what you like, there isn't a politician
in this country right now who can get
the crowds Trump gets, with the
enthusiasm he generates. He holds
them spellbound, he entertains the
crap out of them. A talent you can't
beg borrow or steal. Watch him working
them, he's right there in the present
moment, playing one liners off them,
and gauging their feedback. Every
politician wishes he could do 1/10th
as well as Trump does with a live crowd.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 9th, 2017 at 8:17:43 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
I think we can all agree 38% approval is an awful number for a first year President.

Is there anything Trump could do that would get your approval other than resigning? I thought not, you are as locked into your hate as much as his supporters are locked into their support. However you continuously call his supporters down for remaining loyal. Given that you will never support him why should he give a s**t what you or the other lefties think.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 10th, 2017 at 2:30:36 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Call it what you like, there isn't a politician
in this country right now who can get
the crowds Trump gets, with the
enthusiasm he generates. He holds
them spellbound, he entertains the
crap out of them. A talent you can't
beg borrow or steal. Watch him working
them, he's right there in the present
moment, playing one liners off them,
and gauging their feedback. Every
politician wishes he could do 1/10th
as well as Trump does with a live crowd.

You've kind of touched on something here.

The problem is, we have thousands of entertainers. We have one president, and entertainer is not in his job description.

Neither is 4-8 hours of tv watching and tweets. NYT reports the staff think it's a good day if he shows up by 9:30.

I just .. I don't know. I would be happy to give him credit for doing something I agree with. But I can't find a thing, and there are SO MANY I don't.

There was at leaSt one redeeming quality or action of every other President. This one. ..nothing. He has not reached out to one single person who didn’t vote for him. He insults and ignores anyone who disagrees. There is no light, no inspiration in him. Just cheap shots.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 10th, 2017 at 2:35:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: beachbumbabs
You've kind of touched on something here.

The problem is, we have thousands of entertainers. We have one president, and entertainer is not in his job description.

And how much time did Obama spend
shooting hoops and bowling in the WH.
Hours a day sometimes, he was that
bored. We know, Trump is evil incarnate.
But they all have their quirks, oh well.
December 10th, 2017 at 10:48:45 AM permalink
Evenbob
Flabbergasted: Frank Luntz Shocked As Alabamians Back Roy Moore in Vice News Focus Group

"MONTGOMERY, Alabama — Frank Luntz, a GOP establishment messaging consultant, was visibly flabbergasted as every single one of his focus group participants in a Birmingham area Vice News-produced panel backed Judge Roy Moore for U.S. Senate."

“Let’s be real. It was a different world. Forty years ago in Alabama, people could get married at 13 and 14 years old. My grandmother, at 13, was married,” Porter continued. “At 15, [she] had two children and a husband and a job. If Roy Moore was guilty, if he was at the mall hitting on this 14-year-old, 40 years ago in Alabama, there’s a lot of mamas and daddies who would be thrilled that their 14-year-old was getting hit on by a district attorney.”