No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 24th, 2018 at 8:19:41 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Trump claims he would like to speak to Mueller under oath, "subject to his lawyers"

This is a similar lie to him wanting to release his tax returns but the IRS has them under audit.

In other words, he has no intention of doing so, and is going to avoid the problem and hide as usual, this time behind his lawyers. You know, and still claim that he wants to talk but his lawyers won't let him.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 25th, 2018 at 9:21:03 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I posit the following hypothesis:

Donald Shithole Trump is president because George H. W. Bush was too popular in early 1991 (after winning Gulf War I), and the Democrats did not see a mild recession coming.

Many prominent Democrats at the time, like Mario Cuomo among others, declined to run for their party's nomination, as they'd wind up in a general election against a popular incumbent. This left the field clear for less prominent Democrats like Bill Clinton and Paul Tsongas, who perhaps thought they were positioning themselves for 1996. Add the inexplicable way Clinton weathered the Jennifer Flowers affair, and Ross Perot's run as a third party candidate (a particularly inept though charismatic one), and you get the Bill Clinton presidency.

Absent Bill's rather successful two terms, there's no way Hillary Clinton would have achieved much prominence within her party, certainly not a Senate seat and a cabinet post, ergo no way she'd have gotten the nomination in 2016.

And absent a Democratic candidate as abhorrent to most Republicans and many Independents as Hillary Clinton, there's no way in hell the Shithole wins the general election.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 25th, 2018 at 9:46:33 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: ams288
She is constantly humiliated by him. It must be awful.

Being First Lady is NOT what she signed up for. It's clear she hates it.

Come on, man. At least Trump married a woman. Unlike Obama, who married the transgendered Michael!

Don't stop deflecting!
January 25th, 2018 at 10:25:23 PM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
Threads: 0
Quote: boymimbo
Come on, man. At least Trump married a woman. Unlike Obama, who married the transgendered Michael!

Don't stop deflecting!

You've got that backwards. Melania without make-up...
January 25th, 2018 at 11:28:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: boymimbo

Don't stop deflecting!

and a 1, 2, 3, 4...

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 28th, 2018 at 4:09:19 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
State of the Union on Tuesday. I definitely won't be watching.

Donald always gets graded on a huge curve. If he doesn't poop himself during the speech the talking heads will talk about how "Presidential" he seemed.

And I know at least one rightie here will claim it was the greatest SOTU ever (I wish I was joking).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 28th, 2018 at 5:04:21 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Well he does have plenty of accomplishments to be proud of after all. Bests president ever? Maybe. Nobel economics or peace prize? Perhaps? We'll wait and see.
January 28th, 2018 at 5:15:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: pew
Well he does have plenty of accomplishments to be proud of after all. Bests president ever? Maybe. Nobel economics or peace prize? Perhaps? We'll wait and see.

I won't watch, too many applause interruptions.
I'll see the highlights later, but I really don't like
these written speeches by any president.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 28th, 2018 at 5:49:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The Justice Department may have a prize for him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 28th, 2018 at 6:00:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
I won't watch, too many applause interruptions.
I'll see the highlights later, but I really don't like
these written speeches by any president.

EB claims to not read my posts, but it was I who brought up the SOTU and no one quoted it, so that means he read it on his own.

Mwahahahahaha.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman