2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

February 18th, 2018 at 7:31:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
You set a pretty low bar for yourself when anything someone else has done makes it fine for you to do it. So all school shootings have been fine other than other than the first one? To quote you from above "I'm not saying it's better either ,, but it's laughable to complain about it."

You set a low bar only calling one side out.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 18th, 2018 at 7:51:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
You set a low bar only calling one side out.

Doesn't change the fact that you have gotten down in the gutter with other side. It seriously impairs the 'we are the more moral, informed and compassionate side' that the left likes to claim. The side that claims to ask for clear, transparent informed discussion on all issues. Hard to have that discussion when you are in the gutter yourself.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 18th, 2018 at 8:07:17 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Was watching another compilation from election
night. One of the talking heads made a good point.
Trump won because millions who voteed Obama
in 2012 voted Trump in 2016. Trump ran a mostly
anti Obama campaign, he was against everything
Obama stood for. And millions of Obama voters
liked it and voted for Trump. What does that tell
us about Obama in his 2nd term..

Almost nothing. Obama would have to have been running against him for it to have meaning specific to him.

What it does mean is that there is a percentage of voters who are dissatisfied with Washington politics in general, not particularly loyal to a party, and will vote for the candidate perceived to be most likely to change things. Obama v. McCain, that was Obama. Obama v. Romney, Obama again. Trump v. Clinton, that's Trump.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 18th, 2018 at 8:27:54 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Reasonable doubt doesn't seem to be the standard of the Trump haters on the board. He is already convicted, hung, drawn and quartered.

How much more evidence do Trump supporters need that the guy is not worth their support? My God, they documented his 1000th separate lie to us before his first year in office was over. Do I really have to go back through hundreds of posts of malfeasance, greed, and incompetence from him and his staffers? Or the way he's mis-represented this country to the rest of the world?

You wouldn't take this level of BS from a used car salesman or a time-share rep, both of which professions are generally more honorable than Trump has been. Why do you accept, even applaud, it in your President?
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 18th, 2018 at 8:33:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Doesn't change the fact that you have gotten down in the gutter with other side. It seriously impairs the 'we are the more moral, informed and compassionate side' that the left likes to claim. The side that claims to ask for clear, transparent informed discussion on all issues. Hard to have that discussion when you are in the gutter yourself.

You must be confusing me with someone else. When Beethoven9th was here I didn't hesitate to throw mud back at him, and no matter how low it got I went right with him.

But what does that have to do with truth justice and the American way? I believe in the system of justice. Even Trump should get a trial. Do I have to treat him nicely when he's not on trial. Hell no. He's a public figure. He ran for the office. I complain when people say journalist are at fault for asking so called gotcha questions. I want them to throw gothcha questions at all of them. It's embarrassing otherwise.

here's my post from 2010 from the WOV board. And none of the posts over there can be edited beyond a few first hours now.

Quote:
You don't understand? Okay, go ahead and use all the racial, ethnic, insults and slurs randomly as you post on this site and see if you can figure it out.

Or, you could post a story about Jessie Jackson using the n___ word, and you probably won't get called on it at all.

Alledged stories are posted all the time about Democrats and Republicans, I'm not buying that you and others haven't already indicated Hillary; that she committed crimes with the server business without so much as a trial, or even indictment. Probably 50% of the politics thread is random speculation.

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/info/rules/3853-discussion-about-the-suspension-list/661/

I'm well aware of what's going on with both Republican and Democratic accusations. I just find it funny when people want to accuse me of not living up to something I never have claimed anyway.

Now do I claim that Democratic polices are more humane and sensible than Republicans? Yeah, in most cases, with few exceptions. And when I talk to some of our more extreme wingers, even more so. Some of the rightwing attitudes here are almost, I got mine, and to hell with the rest of humanity. Or pretty close.

`

Also, I couldn't disagree more with many on the my own side that even if I wrote every other word with all 7 forbidden words, a post could still have more truth in it than anything ever written here so far. (just thought I throw that in. I find the anti-profanity rules obscene, but I do my best) Profaneness has nothing to do with truth or falseness.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 18th, 2018 at 9:45:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs
Almost nothing.

No. Hillary was running on Obama's platform
cause she sure had none of her own. People
were sick of Obama and his stranglehold
on the economy and the 'new normal', and
they voted against him by voting for Trump.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 19th, 2018 at 6:26:42 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
February 19th, 2018 at 8:39:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Nareed

Trump tweeted that the FBI spent too much time on Russia to stop the shooter
WTF
Is the FBI a one man operation and the one guy can either investigate Russia or stop a shooter?
Trump is so absurd. What a moron
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 19th, 2018 at 10:52:18 AM permalink
Nareed
February 19th, 2018 at 1:31:14 PM permalink
Nareed
I wonder whether Democrats could get good results by campaigning on stopping mass shootings.

If so, they'd have to expand beyond mere gun control restrictions. For one thing, the CDC is not able to carry out research on mass shootings. It's really hard to know what measure will help if you can't even research causes, ways, means, etc. It would be little better than pseudoscience like naturopathy.

Then, too, the GOP makes a really big noise about mental health after every shooting. well, what resources have they voted to treat mental disease? What measures have they voted on to improve mental health in any way?

Lots of people want a solution, lots of people are outraged at the almost complete lack of response by government at any level.

It could backfire, because the GOP would rile up the base and the wingnuts with lies about repealing the 2nd Amendment, or of the government taking everyone's guns away (like Obama did, remember?) But that might be preempted by pledging support for the right to bear arms.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER