2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

February 19th, 2018 at 11:05:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Experts Rank Trump as Worst President. Obama as 8th Best

One year in, who could have seen this coming?!

Oh, everybody?

Bring on the crybaby tweet storm!!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 20th, 2018 at 6:23:36 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288

Fake news!

When did Washington rile the liberals, or Lincoln protect the rights of White people? damn, he even let people from shithole countries become citizens!
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 20th, 2018 at 7:00:31 AM permalink
Nareed
I won't ask anyone to imagine what if Obama ha done the same, nor to state that this is clearly an offense sufficient for impeachment and removal. Instead I'll say that the GOP, Trump's apologists, and Trump's supporters, ought to demand this walking bag of hot air get off his ass and DO something:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/donald-trumps-dereliction-of-presidential-duty-is-self-evident/
February 20th, 2018 at 7:30:24 AM permalink
Nareed
The Orange Clown needs better staff, too:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/tragedy-a-reprieve-for-w-h/

http://theweek.com/5things/756272/wh-official-florida-shooting-offered-trump-reprieve-from-scandals

Maybe what passes for an administration these days set up the shooting as a distraction? Of course, that's a totally irresponsible, baseless, and dangerous thing to say. I expect it should get enough flack to bring down a flight of F-52s at the height of the WWII air war. But it's still nothing compared to the irresponsible, baseless, and outright dangerous things Golden Boy trump and his apologists say a dozen times a day.
February 20th, 2018 at 11:07:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Below, pretty much sums it up. All the pieces in place for a disaster. And with King of the "not my fault" in charge it couldn't be more perfect. Maybe nothing will happen.

Quote:
Not only does the government have precious few tools at its disposal to combat a downturn. By slashing taxes while increasing spending, President Trump and his allies in Congress have further boxed the economy into a corner, reducing the space for emergency government action were it to be needed.

The federal debt burden is now the heaviest it has been in 70 years. And it is expected to get progressively heavier, as the budget deficit swells.
To top it off, a Republican president and a Republican Congress seem set on completing the longstanding Republican project to gut the safety net built by
Presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt and Lyndon B. Johnson, which they blame for encouraging sloth, and replace it with a leaner welfare regime that closely ties government benefits to hard work.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/come-the-recession-dont-count-on-that-safety-net/ar-BBJn5VY?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 20th, 2018 at 12:26:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Trump has evolved from
No Russian interference
to
Russia interfered and it all Obama's fault
WTF
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 20th, 2018 at 12:32:03 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: rxwine
Below, pretty much sums it up. All the pieces in place for a disaster. And with King of the "not my fault" in charge it couldn't be more perfect. Maybe nothing will happen.

I'm sure Mango Mussolini would tell you the economy will never go down again, given that he won the greatest electoral college victory of all time.

to be fair, the Great recession was so bad, the US has not recovered to the point things stood before it started. So there may be the pent-up demand and excess capacity to grow for a while, if nothing jostles the economy. You know, like a war in the Korean peninsula, a trade war, major tariffs, scarcity of an important commodity, etc.

If nothing jostles the economy.

And who knows how long a while is.
February 20th, 2018 at 2:20:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Nareed
I'm sure Mango Mussolini would tell you the economy will never go down again, given that he won the greatest electoral college victory of all time.

to be fair, the Great recession was so bad, the US has not recovered to the point things stood before it started. So there may be the pent-up demand and excess capacity to grow for a while, if nothing jostles the economy. You know, like a war in the Korean peninsula, a trade war, major tariffs, scarcity of an important commodity, etc.

If nothing jostles the economy.

And who knows how long a while is.

The thing is, if you knew for sure exactly when it happens you could prepare. But since that won't happen, all you can do is prepare first.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 20th, 2018 at 2:37:21 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: SOOPOO
The only thing I know for sure is that both BBB and EB are guessing. Neither knows if Mueller is done or will be able to 'climb the ladder'. But I do know that with each charge that person's testimony is now being bought with 'if you give me Trump you don't go to jail'. Anyone who believes otherwise is just plain naive. You may hope for 'independent corroboration', but I doubt the prosecutors in this case care.

I think you are naïve as well. Mueller is doing his job of determining what Trump and his campaign involvements with the Russians are. The same people who still want to spend millions on Benghazi, Clinton's email server, and Obama's birth certificate are now crying foul when a bunch of Republicans (Mueller, Rosenstein, and most of Law Enforcement are Republicans, last time I checked) want to investigate their own stooge.

In the end, Trump will be exonerated. His campaign staff will get nailed. Given the attempted obstruction efforts by Trump throughout, it's worth it to find the answers.
February 20th, 2018 at 2:42:44 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: beachbumbabs
How much more evidence do Trump supporters need that the guy is not worth their support? My God, they documented his 1000th separate lie to us before his first year in office was over. Do I really have to go back through hundreds of posts of malfeasance, greed, and incompetence from him and his staffers? Or the way he's mis-represented this country to the rest of the world?

You wouldn't take this level of BS from a used car salesman or a time-share rep, both of which professions are generally more honorable than Trump has been. Why do you accept, even applaud, it in your President?

Really. One reason: He is not Hillary Rodham Clinton.