2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

March 10th, 2018 at 5:10:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

So smart of Kim to have them deliver the letter at night when all of Trump's babysitters are gone

No way will this meeting happen.

You don't actually believe that the timing of the delivery of a letter to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is determined by the sender?
.......I walk up to the White House and say..... "I know it's 2am, but please give this to the President now. Thank you....."

I wonder if there is a betting line on whether this meeting happens. I think fair odds are 30% yes, 70% no. Say by December 31, 2018.
March 11th, 2018 at 9:45:43 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I don't know
This is an investigation with very few leaks

You've got to be kidding...this investigation, and all of the investigations by Congress, have had huge amounts of strategic leaks. The White House either is a sieve full of leaks or there is even more fake news than we already assume. I can't even call those strategic...

Leaks are a way of controlling the narrative. Leakers are rarely identified or called out.

Mueller's leaks are down right now; they will go up when it fits his strategy--I do think he controls the leaks. Congress has leaks before they leave the secure room when they go behind closed doors.
March 11th, 2018 at 9:52:50 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I don't get it either
Republicans are in power. They hold both houses, the Presidency.
Would be nice to get things done regarding DACA
To blame the party not in power is absurd
Can Republicans govern ?

They have the majority but, without changing the rules of the Senate to a simple majority for everything, they don't really have "control"...which is the same thing many Democrats said when the shoe was on the other foot, but have conveniently forgotten.

They could change the rules, but there is risk...the Dems will take control of the Senate again someday, and then the changed rules would allow them to do the same things the Republicans could now with things like:

--50% majority
--limited holds on consent for appointments
--following strict guidelines to streamline processes.
--working more hours until things get done. If someone wants to filibuster, let'em go until they have to pee. No recesses, breaks, or whatever.

The sad truth is that very few people in Congress really give a flip about the people they serve...they care about staying in power, gaining more power, and maybe someday having a shot at higher office.

If you think your guy is one of those that "really cares" it is more likely that you have been eating gummies in Vegas than that you are correct.
March 11th, 2018 at 10:21:57 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: RonC
They have the majority but, without changing the rules of the Senate to a simple majority for everything, they don't really have "control"...which is the same thing many Democrats said when the shoe was on the other foot, but have conveniently forgotten.

They could change the rules, but there is risk...the Dems will take control of the Senate again someday, and then the changed rules would allow them to do the same things the Republicans could now with things like:

--50% majority
--limited holds on consent for appointments
--following strict guidelines to streamline processes.
--working more hours until things get done. If someone wants to filibuster, let'em go until they have to pee. No recesses, breaks, or whatever.

The sad truth is that very few people in Congress really give a flip about the people they serve...they care about staying in power, gaining more power, and maybe someday having a shot at higher office.

If you think your guy is one of those that "really cares" it is more likely that you have been eating gummies in Vegas than that you are correct.

Well said. Good points.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 11th, 2018 at 4:18:02 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
You've got to be kidding...this investigation, and all of the investigations by Congress, have had huge amounts of strategic leaks. The White House either is a sieve full of leaks or there is even more fake news than we already assume. I can't even call those strategic...

What do you think Mueller has leaked? The Mueller investigation has had very few leaks, and whatever leaks there have been seem to have been from people like Sam Nunberg who were interviewed by Mueller's team.

The Congress investigations are a different story. Devin Nunes leaks lots of stuff to right wing media. He should be locked up.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 11th, 2018 at 4:36:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
What do you think Mueller has leaked? The Mueller investigation has had very few leaks, and whatever leaks there have been seem to have been from people like Sam Nunberg who were interviewed by Mueller's team.

The Congress investigations are a different story. Devin Nunes leaks lots of stuff to right wing media. He should be locked up.

The people who have testified could all be leaking something without Mueller's team leaking a thing. Unless they can specifically pinpoint who it is coming from it's all speculation that Mueller's team has ever leaked anything.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2018 at 5:39:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
The people who have testified could all be leaking something without Mueller's team leaking a thing. Unless they can specifically pinpoint who it is coming from it's all speculation that Mueller's team has ever leaked anything.

Exactly. Everyone in the media is somewhat amazed/frustrated by what a tight ship Mueller is running. They all always say he doesn't leak anything.

So when I see a rightie say he does, I'm curious as to what they think he's leaked...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 11th, 2018 at 5:44:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
The people who have testified could all be leaking something without Mueller's team leaking a thing.

Wow, how quickly they forget. Mueller
has the leakiest SP investigation in
history.

CONGRESS TIGHTENING NOOSE ON INVESTIGATING MUELLER LEAKS ‘OBSTRUCTION’ WITNESSES

Another day, another potentially illegal leak from special counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury investigating Russian election meddling.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/06/robert-muellers-leak-problem/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 11th, 2018 at 5:58:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Exactly. Everyone in the media is somewhat amazed/frustrated by what a tight ship Mueller is running. They all always say he doesn't leak anything.

So when I see a rightie say he does, I'm curious as to what they think he's leaked...

I totally agree
I don't have the foggiest idea what Mueller has
EB linking an opinion piece is meaningless
The bottom line, If I don't know what Mueller has, and believe me I am very interested, means he is running a tight ship.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 11th, 2018 at 7:00:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Wow, how quickly they forget. Mueller
has the leakiest SP investigation in
history.

CONGRESS TIGHTENING NOOSE ON INVESTIGATING MUELLER LEAKS ‘OBSTRUCTION’ WITNESSES

Another day, another potentially illegal leak from special counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury investigating Russian election meddling.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/06/robert-muellers-leak-problem/

Trump's lawyers better hope Trump is connected to no wrong doing for about the last 10 years.

Which is of course, about as likely that Trump could tell the truth for 2 days in a row.

Mueller probably looking at Trump like Col. Sanders looked at chicken. He's gettin' those 11 herbs and spices and the fryer warmed up already. Do you smell what's cookin'?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?