2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

March 11th, 2018 at 7:23:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Mueller probably looking at Trump like Col. Sanders looked at chicken.

What's amazing is, how much hope y'all
have on this big nothing burger of an
investigation. It's really pathetic, like the
kid who hopes his divorced parents will
get back together. He gets up every
morning thinking, any day now.....

LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 11th, 2018 at 7:30:27 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
What's amazing is, how much hope y'all
have on this big nothing burger of an
investigation. It's really pathetic, like the
kid who hopes his divorced parents will
get back together. He gets up every
morning thinking, any day now.....

LOL

Hahaha it sounds like you are talking about Benghazi investigation #2 through #9
March 11th, 2018 at 9:49:58 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Just as I expected. You can read multiple sources that say stuff has leaked from Mueller's problem (not necessarily from Mueller himself) but the chorus says "there are no leaks" because that narrative supports their contention of how great this probe is and how it will take down everyone.

--It may take down more people; it ain't over until it's over
--there have been leaks
March 11th, 2018 at 10:09:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
Just as I expected. You can read multiple sources that say stuff has leaked from Mueller's problem (not necessarily from Mueller himself) but the chorus says "there are no leaks" because that narrative supports their contention of how great this probe is and how it will take down everyone.

--It may take down more people; it ain't over until it's over
--there have been leaks

I wouldn't give you 2 cents for your reasoning.

If you know a leak came from Mueller's team, prove that that's the only possible source for it then. And how would you know something isn't just a lucky guess in some cases when there is directed questioning? Muellar's team asking certain questions, gives a big clue to areas they are interested in. A witness can leak questions just as easy as anyone else..

Like I said, witnesses and congressional members have information relevant to the case, not just Mueller's team. Hell, the Russians involved have information, or disinformation to leak in some of this concerning Manafort and possibly some others.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2018 at 11:08:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I wouldn't give you 2 cents for your reasoning.

If you know a leak came from Mueller's team.

You really need to get out of the Lib
media bubble and get some real
news. They have been reporting on
Mueller leaks for 8 months. Like
on old inner tube, his people leak..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 11th, 2018 at 11:45:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
Yhey have been reporting on
Mueller leaks for 8 months. Like
on old inner tube, his people leak..

You need to deal with provable facts.

And even that is provable point as some conservative groups want Mueller's team investigated so they can prove the "alleged" leaks come from that team. And they haven't proven anything.

That's a fact man.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 12th, 2018 at 4:59:12 AM permalink
RonC
You need to deal with provable facts.

And even that is provable point as some conservative groups want Mueller's team investigated so they can prove the "alleged" leaks come from that team. And they haven't proven anything.

That's a fact man.

Using your logic, no leaks have been proven anywhere unless someone has actually confessed to the leak.

Makes sense.

Not from the White House, unless admitted or proven. Not from the Congressional investigations, unless admitted or proven. Not from Mueller's team, unless admitted or proven.

Got it. The leaks could all come from other people or be completely made up.

This is why I will go back to staying away from here after this post...the trenches have been dug, and everyone has decided to hunker down in them without exploring any other possibility than ones suggested by their side or convenient to them.

Trump has done nothing about Russian meddling. that is disappointing. Obama did nothing about Russian meddling. That is equally disappointing.

Have a great day!
March 12th, 2018 at 5:24:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Using your logic, no leaks have been proven anywhere unless someone has actually confessed to the leak.

Makes sense.

Not from the White House, unless admitted or proven. Not from the Congressional investigations, unless admitted or proven. Not from Mueller's team, unless admitted or proven.

This is why I will go back to staying away from here after this post...the trenches have been dug, and everyone has decided to hunker down in them without exploring any other possibility than ones suggested by their side or convenient to them.

Trump has done nothing about Russian meddling. that is disappointing. Obama did nothing about Russian meddling. That is equally disappointing.

Have a great day!

What little leaks there are
Who cares
I am a person that simply does not trust power regardless if its a Dem or a Rep
Investigation of power in DC is a good thing
I support ALL investigations
Kenneth Starr, Benghazi, Mueller.
Are you Roc C, ok with the 1st and 2nd but against the 3rd simply due to politics
Seems to me , a lot of this case hinges on exactly what Michael Flynn will testify to
Have there been leaks on exactly what Flynn is telling Mueller?
Power corrupts. Investigations in DC check power. That's a good thing
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 12th, 2018 at 5:43:12 AM permalink
rxwine

Makes sense.

Oddly enough, you're completely correct now.

There's a world of difference between the idea that someone or several people might have leaked information, and claiming specifically who did it if you don't have the evidence.

Several people were suspected of being "Deep Throat" of Watergate. But it wasn't confirmed until 30 years later.
March 12th, 2018 at 5:50:41 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
What little leaks there are
Who cares
I am a person that simply does not trust power regardless if its a Dem or a Rep
Investigation of power in DC is a good thing
I support ALL investigations
Kenneth Starr, Benghazi, Mueller.
Are you Roc C, ok with the 1st and 2nd but against the 3rd simply due to politics
Seems to me , a lot of this case hinges on exactly what Michael Flynn will testify to
Have there been leaks on exactly what Flynn is telling Mueller?
Power corrupts. Investigations in DC check power. That's a good thing

I said that I would stay away, but your post is one of the few that isn't firmly footed in one side or the other.

My feelings about the people in DC have been explained in an earlier post...they are not there for you or I, for the most part. They are there for themselves.

I believe in all of the investigations. There probably should be more. The standards for being in Washington should be high. There was no doubt in my mind that Mueller would find something; the question that remains is will he hit the "Royal Flush", "Four of a Kind", or is he just going to limp in with a high card? I am sad that the FBI has taken a bigger political turn that has not happened often since the days of J Edgar Hoover. It is sad what a few bureaucrats there have done for the average agent.

Congressional investigations are not all they are cracked up to be. Mostly theater, even if they have some great attorneys on the panel. More special prosecutors, with limited scopes, should be used. If they find something out of their scope, they should bring it back to possibly be referred to another prosecutor. Special prosecutors should choose staffs that are above reproach and fill the political spectrum.

Mitch McConnell should have some brass balls and call for the Senate to be open continuously until all political appointees are confirmed or rejected. It is stupid that someone who will get a 90+ vote confirmation is held up for so long. Start the 30 hour count and hold weekly votes on all who reach it that week. The Dems should do the same thing when they are back in power, which they will be at some point. Maybe both sides will stop wasting time, start rejecting the bad appointees, and do the work we actually wanted them to do.