No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 26th, 2018 at 5:00:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Come to think of it, Trump has a terrible history of constitutionally inaccurate statements.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 26th, 2018 at 5:04:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: aceofspades
It is tough to be in that thread when logic has flown out the window for the lefties therein
They think the US Constitution applies to foreign citizens on foreign soil

Agreed. I can explain logic just so long. It has turned into a "scream room." When people simply do not understand that the US Constitution does not guarantee the right to enter the USA when you are not a citizen, not even worth my time.
The President is a fink.
June 26th, 2018 at 5:06:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Enjoy your bitter cakes boys.

No cake at Red Hen, they're probably
closed forever. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2018 at 5:19:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I am requesting you two do not abandon the WoV political forums. Keep up espousing your positions, just don't get so grumpy when the leftists are being ridiculous. It will be very boring reading Rx and ams just patting each other on the back, with BBB congratulating them.....

Don’t blame me for the actions of certain snowflakes!

I haven’t posted very much in that thread today... the Muslim ban back and forth doesn’t interest me much.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 26th, 2018 at 5:45:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
Exactly why I blocked/ignored the Trump thread on WOV today --

The level of insanity there is unreal.
Last time I looked was earlier this
afternoon. Just now 11 more pages
had been added to the political
thread. One of the bigger louder
posters is now red, I wonder why.
I'm lying, I couldn't care less why..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 27th, 2018 at 3:12:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
The level of insanity there is unreal.

But TDS seems to be very real. When you say that a POTUS cannot decide who is or is not allowed into the USA because somehow the US Constitution guarantees entry to all people equally?

It is just going to get worse with every thing that goes Trump's way.

Meanwhile, Mexico is about to shift very far left, wait for how that makes things.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2018 at 4:06:52 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Nice strawman. They are not saying that the us constitution guarantees entry to all people equally, they are saying the Constitution does not allow a law denying them entry based on their religion.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 27th, 2018 at 4:22:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64
Nice strawman. They are not saying that the us constitution guarantees entry to all people equally, they are saying the Constitution does not allow a law denying them entry based on their religion.

No difference. The US Constitution makes no such guarantee.

What is funny is the same liberals throwing the hissy fit over islam generally hate any kind of other religion or religious people. You can bet they all hate Chick-Fil-A and hate the "religious baker." Then they defend the most anti-gay religion out there.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2018 at 4:42:24 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
No difference. The US Constitution makes no such guarantee.

What is funny is the same liberals throwing the hissy fit over islam generally hate any kind of other religion or religious people. You can bet they all hate Chick-Fil-A and hate the "religious baker." Then they defend the most anti-gay religion out there.

Those are false generalizations. America was founded on the principle (stated) of freedom FROM religion, and (implied) the separation of church and state. Public businesses holding a civil business license are generally expected to serve the public.

Litmus religious tests outside of a church-run business run afoul of that. The intersection often ends up in court. Decisions have gone both ways, some narrow, some broad.

On the specific decision, the majority court chose to ignore the preponderance of the (volumous) evidence and two revisions of the language, that the intent was to exclude Muslims from those admitted to this country.

Instead, they used the language (scrubbed twice for anti-Muslim bias)as a stand-alone document, and ruled that the President could claim vague and unspecified threats to national security in banning people from specific countries. That it was not in the Court's purview to take unto themselves the function of dealing with foreign powers, which resides Constitutionally within the Executive.

Which seems to me to be technically correct, but likely to be a ruling that will be revisited in the future.

Justice Kennedy, the deciding vote, had several misgivings, and wrote a separate brief in joining the majority, discussing the above. It's short, and worth reading.

The dissent, by Sotomayor and joined by RBG, is even shorter, and also worth a read.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/26/623525875/read-supreme-court-decision-upholding-trumps-travel-ban
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
June 27th, 2018 at 5:03:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

THEY ALL do this? As in, all liberals?

I'm a liberal. Why don't you go ahead and find some posts of mine defending Islam....

I'll wait.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman