Quote: Dalex64

Supporting the misuse of the word racism

Which is exactly what the Left
does every time they call Trump
a racist. Or every time they use the
word racist. It means different things
to people now, just like many words
do.

"As of the 2000s, the use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition... The meaning of the term racism is often conflated with the terms prejudice, bigotry, and discrimination. Racism is a complex concept that can involve each of those.."

Wiki
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 7th, 2018 at 4:39:41 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
So do you support the new definition of racism or don't you? What have you been arguing for?

It isn't just the left, either. Right here in this thread you have been calling out actions by the left as racist that only fit the new definition of racism you are providing to us.

By doing this, you are being complicit, and are supporting an expanded definition for racism.

If the issues you brought up are "see how they like it", well that simply doesn't work. It isn't going to re-narrow what you think racism now means, and it isn't going to stop the left from misusing the term. They will just use your examples and say "well the right did it so it must be ok" just like you do for the left.

"But they did it first" , something I see a lot from you guys, is not a valid justification for bad words or actions. Something is either bad or it isn't, and the other side repeating something bad doesn't magically make it good.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 7th, 2018 at 4:50:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So do you support the new definition of racism.

Some of it. The old meaning has
no meaning anymore. I think
the word is over used. If you
demean another person for
their race, you're a racist.
If you just mention their race,
you are not.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 7th, 2018 at 4:59:45 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I think this quote from the Merriam-Webster is applicable to the racism discussion. It also that the opposing sides will find an answer to their differences.

"Dictionaries are often treated as the final arbiter in arguments over a word’s meaning, but they are not always well suited for settling disputes. The lexicographer’s role is to explain how words are (or have been) actually used, not how some may feel that they should be used, and they say nothing about the intrinsic nature of the thing named by a word, much less the significance it may have for individuals. When discussing concepts like racism, therefore, it is prudent to recognize that quoting from a dictionary is unlikely to either mollify or persuade the person with whom one is arguing."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 16th, 2018 at 9:15:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I am at the moment looking for the next real job. Agency I was at the woman said how busy they were and said "Trump did this!" We got to talking, and yet again I heard the same thing. She said it was literally overnight after Trump was elected that the phone started ringing, businesses needing workers. Said they were not even making sales calls, the employers were calling them.

Also said that their biggest problem was not enough people showing up. Some folks still want to do their 47% thing and rely on assistance it seems. Funniest part was when she told me that they had a few liberals applied, I guess they said they did not care for Trump at some point or something. She claimed they rarely worked out and how much better workers the Trump supporters were!

MAGA!
The President is a fink.
July 16th, 2018 at 2:39:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
She claimed they rarely worked out and how much better workers the Trump supporters were!!

That's been the case for a long
time. Libs have always been the
dope smoking long haired lay
about's, with their hands always
out for free this or that. Most
of the hippie types I knew years
ago were all Jane Fonda Libs,
piss and moan and complain and
sleep till noon every day.
July 16th, 2018 at 5:56:25 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
So I was thinking, where was this out of the blue jobs antecdote coming from? Then it hit me - Trump must have done something stupid today.

So let's see. I found some conservative saying Trump "threw America under the bus" today with his comments. What did he say? Russia had nothing to do with it. How does he know? Not from what our intelligence agencies or panels say, no, he knows it because again Putin told him, quite strongly this time, that Russia had nothing to do with it. So there it is, iron clad proof. Oh wait, no it isn't.

Also when Putin was asked if they had any "kompromat" (compromising information) on Trump, he said

Quote: Putin
Yeah, I did hear these rumors that we allegedly collected compromising material on Mr. Trump when he was visiting Moscow. Well, distinguished colleague, let me tell you this: When President Trump was at Moscow back then, I didn't even know that he was in Moscow. I treat President Trump with utmost respect, but back then when he was a private individual, a businessman, nobody informed me that he was in Moscow

What a strong denial. Oh wait, no it isn't.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 16th, 2018 at 6:50:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Also when Putin was asked if they had .

Trump screwed up, he should have pissed
Putin off so we would be at DEFCON 2
right now. The press would be praising him..

No they wouldn't. They would be screaming
Trump got us WW III. The only outcome
they would have been happy with is, and
there's only one, if Putin had somehow
provided proof there was collusion. The
media would be overjoyed.

Now they want him impeached for
making peace. I'd love to hear their
argument for that.

Q. What crime did Trump commit?

Answer from dems in congress: He made peace with Russia.

Response from the rest of congress: The bastard! Impeach!!

lol
July 17th, 2018 at 5:05:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Trump screwed up, he should have pissed
Putin off so we would be at DEFCON 2
right now. The press would be praising him..

No they wouldn't. They would be screaming
Trump got us WW III. The only outcome
they would have been happy with is, and
there's only one, if Putin had somehow
provided proof there was collusion. The
media would be overjoyed.

Now they want him impeached for
making peace. I'd love to hear their
argument for that.

Q. What crime did Trump commit?

Answer from dems in congress: He made peace with Russia.

Response from the rest of congress: The bastard! Impeach!!

lol

This is the best defense you've got?

Was Rush on vacation yesterday or something?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 17th, 2018 at 11:22:21 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: ams288
Was Rush on vacation yesterday or something?

You want some Rush? This is why
the media and the Deep State is
in meltdown again. They got played
by Trump for the zillionth time:

We’re told that Donald Trump can go ahead and — in a press conference with Vladimir Putin — he can acknowledge that the Russians meddled, while at the same time be protected from any allegation that he colluded. Sorry, folks. If Donald Trump had done what they wanted him to do yesterday — if Donald Trump had done what they were trying to force him to do — if Donald Trump had acknowledged to Vladimir Putin’s face that he had meddled in the 2016 presidential election?
Before that press conference was over, the New York Times would have a headline: “Trump Validates Mueller Investigation.” “Trump Acknowledges Russians Affected Election Outcome.” “Trump Acknowledges Russia May Have Played a Role in Thwarting American Democracy.”

They were chomping at the bit
for Trump to defend the very
people who are trying to destroy
him, the intel crowd. But he didn't
do it, and they go insane. Today
CNN would be screaming that
even Trump admits the election
was fixed and Hillary really won.
He took that away from them
yesterday and it's so much fun
to watch them today.