No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 30th, 2018 at 7:17:18 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Trump dumpster fire: Government shutdown if no wall funding.
Gop: no shutdown

Trump dumpster fire: no preconditions for talks with Iran
Pompeo: lists preconditions for talks with Iran

Giuliani: Trump not present with Trump Jr meeting with Russians
Media: not accusing him of being present
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 31st, 2018 at 2:34:16 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Dalex64
Trump dumpster fire: Government shutdown if no wall funding.
Gop: no shutdown

Trump dumpster fire: no preconditions for talks with Iran
Pompeo: lists preconditions for talks with Iran

Giuliani: Trump not present with Trump Jr meeting with Russians
Media: not accusing him of being present

I believe Giuliani is showing signs of early dementia. I would bet 3-5 years from now he will not be heard from. Trump seems a few years behind Giuliani. But his thought pattern seems non linear and disorganized often. Politics is a game for the young and sound of mine. As much as I disagreed with many Obama policies, I never was concerned about his ability to form a thought. As much as I generally agree with Trump’s policies, his ability to articulate them in an adult fashion needs some help. My dilemma....
July 31st, 2018 at 2:42:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I believe Giuliani is showing signs of early dementia. I would bet 3-5 years from now he will not be heard from. Trump seems a few years behind Giuliani. But his thought pattern seems non linear and disorganized often. Politics is a game for the young and sound of mine. As much as I disagreed with many Obama policies, I never was concerned about his ability to form a thought. As much as I generally agree with Trump’s policies, his ability to articulate them in an adult fashion needs some help. My dilemma....

We heard the same things about Reagan, yet he was on top of everything.
The President is a fink.
July 31st, 2018 at 2:57:13 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
I As much as I generally agree with Trump’s policies, his ability to articulate them ..

So it's not that his policies work,
it's his ability to articulate them
that counts. Seriously? I mean,
c'mon, SERIOUSLY?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 31st, 2018 at 4:54:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
We heard the same things about Reagan, yet he was on top of everything.

Were people claiming Reagan had dementia during his first term?

This was well before I was born, so I honestly have no clue. I've only heard people claim his mind was slipping during his last year or two of his presidency.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 31st, 2018 at 5:45:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Were people claiming Reagan had dementia during his first term?

This was well before I was born, so I honestly have no clue. I've only heard people claim his mind was slipping during his last year or two of his presidency.

I remember well
No doubt Reagan was losing it the last few years
Pretty common knowledge
Giuliani seems to be losing it as well
He's no longer the razor sharp prosecutor that put mobsters in jail on the testimony of criminals
His interviews lately have been all over the place
Trump may be losing it. I read all his tweets. Talk about enraged
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 31st, 2018 at 5:54:01 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
Same as it did when Obama was doing it. Oh I forgot the MSM didn't bother reporting it then.

Quote: terapined
Was Fox reporting it?
Was Breibart reporting it?
lol

Quote: kenarman
No they had more integrity and respect for the office of the POTUS than the Trump hater have.

Why do you care what MSM is reporting?
I don't have the foggiest idea what Breibart and fox report
kind of weird
You seem to get upset with what MSM is reporting
yet
I could care less what you read on conservative news sites
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 31st, 2018 at 6:28:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Dimon says Trump's tax cut and deregulation have 'accelerated growth'.

Jamie is a pretty serious Democrat, yet he is man enough to say Trump is helping things. Maybe next year or two he will come around on trade as it appears the EU is finally leveling the playing field instead of playing us for suckers. Just wait until China feels the pinch on trade.
The President is a fink.
July 31st, 2018 at 7:03:52 AM permalink
terapined
The market is dealing with something it’s never seen before and that has Jamie Dimon worried

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-market-is-dealing-with-something-it’s-never-seen-before-and-that-has-jamie-dimon-worried/ar-BBLhwFt?ocid=spartandhp

http://fortune.com/2018/07/31/jamie-dimon-economy-concerns/

First, the U.S. trade dispute with China, if it escalates into a full-blown war, would erase much of the progress the administration has made, he said.

then there's the unwinding of unprecedented efforts by central banks around the world a decade after the 2008 financial crisis. Dubbed "quantitative easing," the Federal Reserve and other central banks purchased trillions of dollars of government bonds and other securities to help nurse the economy back to health. They are now starting to reverse course. Dimon told CNBC he is concerned about what happens when that support is pulled back.
"I don't want to scare the public, but we've never had QE," Dimon said. "We've never had the reversal. Regulations are different. Monetary transmission is different. Governments have borrowed too much debt, and people can panic when things change. "
July 31st, 2018 at 7:23:37 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Here is what things are like in Trump's Fantasyland:

"You know if you go out and you want to buy groceries you need a picture on a card. You need ID," Mr. Trump said. "You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture. In this country, the only time you don't need it in many cases is when you want to vote for a president, when you want to vote for a senator, when you want to vote for a governor or a congressman. It's crazy. It's crazy. But we're turning it around."

"They just came out with a poll, did you hear? The most popular person in the history of the Republican Party is Trump. Can you believe this?" Mr. Trump said.

So, perhaps in the world where you need photo id to buy anything, including groceries, Trump is the most popular person in the history of the republican party.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan