2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

August 3rd, 2018 at 6:01:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
PORTLAND, Maine — The now-disbanded voting integrity commission launched by the Trump administration uncovered no evidence to support claims of widespread voter fraud, according to an analysis of administration documents released Friday.

In a letter to Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who are both Republicans and led the commission, Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap said the documents show there was a "pre-ordained outcome" and that drafts of a commission report included a section on evidence of voter fraud that was "glaringly empty."

Quote:
The Trump administration last month complied with a court order to turn over documents from the voting integrity commission to Dunlap. The commission met just twice and has not issued a report.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/report-trump-commission-did-not-find-widespread-voter-fraud/ar-BBLsRrl?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 4th, 2018 at 4:23:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/report-trump-commission-did-not-find-widespread-voter-fraud/ar-BBLsRrl?ocid=spartanntp

Is this the same commission that so many Blue states refused to work with?
The President is a fink.
August 4th, 2018 at 10:51:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Scott Adams met trump at the WH
Thursday. Scott's reaction was
unexpected by him. Trump blew
him away. He says Trump has an
ability that you experience only
a couple times in your life, the ability
to make you feel like you're the most
important person in the world.

He said Trump was engaging on every
level and probably the smartest
person he's ever met. The polar
opposite of how the press portrays
him. He says Trump's social skills
are so fine tuned, if you put him
in a one on one meeting with any
world leader you will get positive
results.

Trump has an instinct of how to connect
with almost anyone, 15,000 people at
a rally, or one on one. You're born with
it, it can't really be taught.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 4th, 2018 at 1:34:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
Scott Adams met trump at the WH
Thursday. Scott's reaction was
unexpected by him. Trump blew
him away. He says Trump has an
ability that you experience only
a couple times in your life, the ability
to make you feel like you're the most
important person in the world.

He said Trump was engaging on every
level and probably the smartest
person he's ever met. The polar
opposite of how the press portrays
him. He says Trump's social skills
are so fine tuned, if you put him
in a one on one meeting with any
world leader you will get positive
results.

Trump has an instinct of how to connect
with almost anyone, 15,000 people at
a rally, or one on one. You're born with
it, it can't really be taught.

And the Shamwow guy was great at selling rags to susceptible stooges. So what.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 4th, 2018 at 4:18:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
And the Shamwow guy was great at selling rags to susceptible stooges. So what.

So Adams visited Obama in the WH
and was not even half as impressed
as he is with Trump. And he's a dyed
in the wool Lib who loved Obama.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 5th, 2018 at 6:46:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
So Adams visited Obama in the WH
and was not even half as impressed
as he is with Trump. And he's a dyed
in the wool Lib who loved Obama.

Maybe I can win the WOSP and get a WH invite.
The President is a fink.
August 5th, 2018 at 12:09:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Aussie
It is a bit weird that you don’t need ID to vote. I would have thought that requiring proof of citizenship would have been common sense.

Well you aren't an American so you are allowed to use common sense. The Democrat party does not use such common sense, and thus are against requiring any identification to vote.
August 5th, 2018 at 12:17:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
Well you aren't an American so you are allowed to use common sense. The Democrat party does not use such common sense, and thus are against requiring any identification to vote.

The tactics the GOP often has used to address it have only hurt their case. Changing voter requirements near elections for instance. And just the way some of the laws have been written have exposed bad intentions and been ruled by courts as voter suppression. And Trump doesn't help just claiming millions of vote fraud, of course with little merit.

Where they have done things properly they have done better.
August 5th, 2018 at 12:29:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
The tactics the GOP often has used to address it have only hurt their case. Changing voter requirements near elections for instance. And just the way some of the laws have been written have exposed bad intentions and been ruled by courts as voter suppression. And Trump doesn't help just claiming millions of vote fraud, of course with little merit.

Where they have done things properly they have done better.

We are like 20 trillion in debt. I'd gladly add to it to have a national ID card, free to all. Whatever system they use to get me my passport, use that to give everyone an ID. If someone can't make it into the office, send an "ID bus" to their house, nursing home, hospital bed, etc...

I believe voter fraud would be diminished substantially from present levels, and I believe present levels are already very low. The murder rate is also very low, but that doesn't mean we don't enact rules to decrease it.
August 5th, 2018 at 12:51:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
We are like 20 trillion in debt. I'd gladly add to it to have a national ID card, free to all. Whatever system they use to get me my passport, use that to give everyone an ID. If someone can't make it into the office, send an "ID bus" to their house, nursing home, hospital bed, etc...

I believe voter fraud would be diminished substantially from present levels, and I believe present levels are already very low. The murder rate is also very low, but that doesn't mean we don't enact rules to decrease it.

Alabama passed a law recently which had mobile units provided to assist some people in getting id. The opposition to it was defeated, because it is actually couldn't be disputed on merit.

Those kind of things will pass.

Whereas same day voting can often be successfully opposed when it's clear the staffing in heavily populated poor and minority areas can't accommodate heavy voting forcing people into hours long lines if there is a heavy turnout. Waiting for hours is going to kill votes in those areas as people won't bother.