2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

August 13th, 2018 at 4:41:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
Ah, makes sense now. I heard there’s a massive OxyContin shortage in southern Florida.

Yeah, that was news in 2006, you
really need a good news service.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 13th, 2018 at 5:04:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

Libs cannot stand how Rush overcame that. Guy had massive back pain and got hooked, like many people do. Cost him his natural hearing. Lesser man would have given up. Rush came out stronger on the other end.

I kind of wish Trump would enlist Rush on the opiate crisis we are currently having. Along with Favre. Show how upstanding people cam end up hooked.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2018 at 5:23:46 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

News in 2006, still funny today!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 13th, 2018 at 5:32:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: ams288
News in 2006, still funny today!

It is funny. The Left was celebrating
that it was the end of Rush, he was
finished. CNN was having ear to ear
grins and orgasms hourly. Then when
Rush not only didn't go away, he
thrived, it was 2016 election night
all over again. Very funny indeed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 13th, 2018 at 5:49:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It is funny.

Glad we can agree on something.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 13th, 2018 at 5:54:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Libs cannot stand how Rush overcame that. Guy had massive back pain and got hooked, like many people do. Cost him his natural hearing. Lesser man would have given up. Rush came out stronger on the other end.

I kind of wish Trump would enlist Rush on the opiate crisis we are currently having. Along with Favre. Show how upstanding people cam end up hooked.

You know what pain is like. I don't even like Rush but I don't begrudge him one bit seeking relief.

Anyone that does, hasn't suffered enough.

https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/NewsEvents/ucm603093.htm "FDA is particularly interested in hearing from patients who experience chronic pain that is managed with analgesic medications such as opioids"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 13th, 2018 at 6:16:27 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
You know what pain is like. I don't even like Rush but I don't begrudge him one bit seeking relief.

Anyone that does, hasn't suffered enough.

I know what severe pain is
I had 2 stomach operations last year
After the 1st operation I was in a lot of pain despite the drugs. I bitched.
They gave me the real hard stuff, Hydromorphone hooked up to my IV and allowed me to self medicate since I was complaining about pain
I was able to press a button for a microdose. locked out 20 min then machine allowed another dose. Believe me, I pressed that button every 20 min.
After a couple days, I started weaning off of that.
I had 30 staples holding my stomach together going home.
I was on Oxycodone. Strong stuff and I needed it.
You only take enough for the pain and that's it
As the pain starts to subside, I started to drop the dosage because I knew how dangerous the drug is
Its actually easy not to get hooked if you don't want to get hooked and I did not.
I'm actually surprised Rush got hooked. You get hooked by getting high. I refused to ruin my life by getting high on a highly addictive pain drug.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 13th, 2018 at 6:43:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: terapined

I'm actually surprised Rush got hooked. .

Because Rush's experience was exactly
like your's. Give me a break.
August 13th, 2018 at 6:45:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I know what severe pain is
I had 2 stomach operations last year
After the 1st operation I was in a lot of pain despite the drugs. I bitched.
They gave me the real hard stuff, Hydromorphone hooked up to my IV and allowed me to self medicate since I was complaining about pain
I was able to press a button for a microdose. locked out 20 min then machine allowed another dose. Believe me, I pressed that button every 20 min.
After a couple days, I started weaning off of that.
I had 30 staples holding my stomach together going home.
I was on Oxycodone. Strong stuff and I needed it.
You only take enough for the pain and that's it
As the pain starts to subside, I started to drop the dosage because I knew how dangerous the drug is
Its actually easy not to get hooked if you don't want to get hooked and I did not.
I'm actually surprised Rush got hooked. You get hooked by getting high. I refused to ruin my life by getting high on a highly addictive pain drug.
Good for you Terapined. That is how it is supposed to work. I to had surgery last year. I will say most surgical pain although miserable, is temporary.

My surgery was my first time to try Toradol. That was really interesting. I wish I could take it orally, but it is so stomach upsetting you only get 3 days of relief, by IV. It is an anti inflammatory and non narcotic. Good stuff.

I haven't read on Rush's medical situation, but I know back pain, smashed discs, broken vertebrae, and restricted nerve canals are 24/7 misery. I am positive chronic pain sufferers would prefer not to take opioids, if they weren't incapacitated from pain. Those that know opioids intimately, curse them.

On a similar note, I was in the pharmacy a couple days ago, and even he is now promoting some hi dollar CBD oil. Big picture of a weed leaf on literature. Surprised me as this guy is necessarily a really strait arrow. He said he and his wife both are using it for arthritis. He said he is going to take a UA to see if it shows on a drug screen. I doubt it will, but we'll see.

We have tried 3 different manufacturers of CBD oil, each claiming theirs is the best. Each with increased price. The last bottle I got was 135.00 for a two ounce bottle. The others were 35 and I don't remember the other. I am not impressed.

With the boomers getting old, there is a wave of pain headed toward pharmacy's, or the liquor store.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 14th, 2018 at 2:23:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

The difference is Rush had pain that did not go away. He lived with it daily.

Also you use your own methods to get high as you have said here. Different kind of addiction I will admit. But you are not speaking from credibility there.
The President is a fink.