September 20th, 2018 at 5:22:15 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: terapined
Hate to break this to you
but even though there is a Wikipedia article on the bogeyman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogeyman
Its just a fantasy

I fail to understand the point you are trying to make.

Please explain.
Let's go Brandon
September 20th, 2018 at 5:37:30 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: reno
It's appalling when innocent men are publicly accused of rape.

Ed Whalen is a prominent conservative lawyer in Washington DC and he has been promising all week long that he has some secret information to exonerate Kavanaugh. Furthermore, this information will force Dianne Feinstein to apologize for smearing innocent Kavanaugh.

Whalen believes that all of Ford's descriptions of the party & the house are accurate. But there's one itsy-bitsy flaw in Ford's perfect memory: the alleged rapist isn't Brett Kavanaugh. It's actually his high school classmate, Chris Garrett. As you can see from the photos below, they looked similar as teenagers.

I think at this juncture, the obvious solution is for Mark Judge to testify in front of Congress that it was actually Garrett, not Kavanaugh. His testimony would clear up the confusion and exonerate an innocent man.

Apparently, Whalen's area of legal expertise isn't libel or slander.

He’s provided no evidence whatsoever besides “they look alike.”

Whalen is currently getting disembowled by everyone on Twitter.

And he vehemently opposes the FBI reopening their background check on Kavanaugh.

Hmmmmmmm.....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 20th, 2018 at 5:40:47 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: rxwine
That's a credible alternative explanation if other facts support it.

No it's not. It's insane.

Whalen is a personal friend of Kavanaugh's, they've known each other for decades, and Whalen has been an active cheerleader for Kavanaugh's nomination. (Whalen previously clerked for Scalia.) He's not a neutral party.

So did Whalen actually contact Chris Garrett and ask if he tried to rape Ford? Did Garrett say "Yeah, that was totally me, go ahead and publicize my name." Or did Garrett say, "Absolutely not, and you'll be hearing from my lawyer if you suggest that publicly."

Whalen hasn't thought this through. It sets up a lawsuit where Garrett sues Whalen for defamation, and in the discovery phase of the lawsuit both Kavanaugh and Mark Judge will be forced to testify. Over and over again, Mark Judge has indicated he doesn't want to testify under oath, which is why the GOP Senators haven't subpeoned him. Mark Judge's lawyer has issued lawyerly non-denial denials "My client has no memory of this incident" but a lawyer's press release is different than testifying under oath. And now Mark Judge has to decide which classmate from high school to exonerate. The smart money is on Judge pleading the 5th.
September 20th, 2018 at 5:42:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Now there will probably be a bunch of me to accusations with women claiming at some time in their life, some guy wanted to have sex with them. Oh the horror.

Legalize brothels and much of this goes away.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 20th, 2018 at 5:49:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
Legalize brothels and much of this goes away.

While I agree that brothels should be legalized, I don’t think it would stop a drunken 17 year old from attempting to rape a girl at a party.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 20th, 2018 at 6:14:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
.....While I agree that brothels should be legalized, I don’t think it would stop a drunken 17 year old from attempting to rape a girl at a party.
After the thousands of years of males being dominated by their hormones at that age, it would seem logical that parents of 15 year old girls would filter where their daughters hang out.

It's almost like nature would dictate that sending your teen daughters to a keg party is inviting something undesirable to happen. That is as intelligent as giving teen boys loaded guns to take to school. IDK, call me old fashioned.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 20th, 2018 at 6:16:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
Now there will probably be a bunch of me to accusations with women claiming at some time in their life, some guy wanted to have sex with them. Oh the horror.

I've personally seen women pull incredible
lying crap about sex, making things up to
manipulate men. My first thought is always
that a woman is lying, because so often
they are. Sex is a game to them and they
know they have the power in it, not the
men.

It used to be, forever, that police looked
at women very skeptically who've said
they were raped. That's because so
many women filed false charges. Now
it's flipped the other way, we have to
believe all the accusations. It's nuts.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 20th, 2018 at 6:21:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: reno
No it's not. It's insane.

Not sure what in my statement was wrong.

Mistaken identification is absolutely a credible alternative if other facts support it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 20th, 2018 at 6:30:53 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Ford has released a statement. She remembers Chris Garrett very well... she visited him at the hospital once. Ford insists that Chris wasn't the man who tried to rape her. It was Brett Kavanaugh.

By the way, what's ol' Chris Garrett up to these days? Oh. He's in Atlanta. He teaches middle school. So he's a middle school teacher who has been accused (by Justice Scalia's law clerk no less) of trying to rape a 15 year old.
September 20th, 2018 at 7:22:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: ams288
While I agree that brothels should be legalized, I don’t think it would stop a drunken 17 year old from attempting to rape a girl at a party.

I don't know about anyone else, but at 17, going to high school, and working a part time McJob, the number of satisfactory brothel visits I could afford would be pitiful.

That's only a rich kid solution!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?