No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

October 25th, 2018 at 1:54:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It wasn't him that cancelled, it was Gowdy.
They don't like Rosenstein setting the terms
of the interview.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 25th, 2018 at 2:17:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Looks like Rosenstein will be able to postpone questioning until after the election. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/10/just-in-goodlatte-and-gowdy-postpone-interview-with-dag-rosenstein/

I decided to check out thegatewaypundit
I'm sorry I clicked on the link
Right on their front page
"we report the truth - and leave the Russia collusion fairy tale to the Conspiracy media"

I have an open mind, I see the web site does not. No need for me to read anything from a website that does not have an open mind
My takes on the collusion, I don't have the foggiest idea what Mueller has. My mind remains open until I see his report. Fairy Tale, maybe, but those with a true open mind want to see the results of the Mueller investigation before making that type of statement.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 26th, 2018 at 8:50:09 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
RealClear Politics aggregate poll average has Trump at the highest approval rating since this year. Just in time for the elections.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 26th, 2018 at 4:51:19 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Here I am, in the 8th row waiting for Kathy Griffin’s stand up show to start at 8pm. She’s got a F**K TRUMP mug on stage.

To think, some people claimed her career was over!

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 26th, 2018 at 4:55:14 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Here I am, in the 8th row waiting for Kathy Griffin’s stand up show to start at 8pm. She’s got a F**K TRUMP mug on stage.

To think, some people claimed her career was over!

Have fun :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 26th, 2018 at 5:47:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
edited
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 28th, 2018 at 8:21:44 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/10/28/trump-cabinet-departures-midterms-943375

High turnover after midterms expected.

Potential replacements? People who can help Trump get re-elected (rather than people who can do their jobs competently)

Quote:
A White House spokesman declined to comment, saying the administration was focused on the midterms.

As in, focused on getting other people elected rather than competently running the administration.

Remember all of Trump's tweets ripping on Obama for spending too much time campaigning? And during national tragedies and emergencies? Or too much time for golf?

Amidst all of Trump's campaining , blowing off national tragedies, Trump is too "busy" ( too scared ) to visit troops overseas!

Also "executive time"

Yeah, this post is all over the place.

The amazing thing that got me started is that the administration is using "focused on the midterrms" as an excuse to evade questions, and the fact they are such hypocrites by being so focused on the midterrms.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 28th, 2018 at 8:31:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Dalex64
Remember all of Trump's tweets ripping on Obama for spending too much time campaigning? And during national tragedies and emergencies? Or too much time for golf?

It's hard to think of anything trump slams other politicians for that he hasn't done himself. The only amazing thing is sometimes he only did the same thing a day, or week ago in some cases.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 28th, 2018 at 8:40:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Dalex64

As in, focused on getting other people elected rather than competently running the administration.

I know a Congressman and asked him about his average week. He said 2 days are about fundraising, 2 days working in his home district, and one day in Washington working. He said it is very sad but a fact that our Senators and Congressmen are essentially always fundraising for their next election. Of course the above is a broad generalization, and most days are a combination.
Imagine if you spent 40% of your time at work not working but just doing stuff so you don't lose your job. Dysfunctional.
October 28th, 2018 at 9:00:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I know a Congressman and asked him about his average week. He said 2 days are about fundraising, 2 days working in his home district, and one day in Washington working. He said it is very sad but a fact that our Senators and Congressmen are essentially always fundraising for their next election. Of course the above is a broad generalization, and most days are a combination.
Imagine if you spent 40% of your time at work not working but just doing stuff so you don't lose your job. Dysfunctional.

What is worse is that when elected, the freshmen on both parties are called in and sat down at a phone and given a fundraising goal "for the party." If you refuse you cannot get a bill introduced or anything else done. No committees. Nothing.
The President is a fink.