17 people show up

That many? I wouldn't go if it
was across the street.
Bannon was nothing but a disruption
the whole time he was in the WH.
The Right hates him now.

Trump said this about asshat Bannon
earlier this year:

Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.
Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn’t represent my base—he’s only in it for himself.

Why Trump Turned on Steve Bannon

After his former chief strategist criticized the president and his children in a forthcoming book, Donald Trump said, “When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/the-president-vs-steve-bannon/549617/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 1st, 2018 at 3:46:52 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: terapined
AMS is an eyewitness
Its enough evidence to convict in this country

Hold your horses, Evenbob does not accept eyewitness testimony or your experiences as any type of evidence whatsoever. You are going to have to come up with better evidence than this.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 1st, 2018 at 3:51:54 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Dalex64
Trump's promised 10% tax cut to the middle class won't happen before the election because, well you know, congress isn't in session.

When? Any day now! Next week! In a week and a half! Or in 2 weeks!

Here's Trump on October 22:

Quote: Fox News
“We’re putting in a resolution sometime in the next week or week-and a-half, two weeks … we’re giving a middle-income tax reduction of about 10 percent – we’re doing it now – for middle-income people,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

Quote: Fortune
According to the White House transcript, Trump said the administration was “putting in a resolution” in the next one to two weeks.

A reporter asked if Trump were signing an executive order. He said, “No. No. No. I’m going through Congress.”

When reminded Congress wasn’t in session, the president said, “We won’t have time to do the vote. We’ll do the vote later."

His lies aren't exactly subtle. The lies are boldly highlighted in bright yellow marker, obvious to everyone.
November 1st, 2018 at 3:54:15 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
He was trying to answer a reporter's questions on that, and was really twisting in the wind. I couldn't find it today, though.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 1st, 2018 at 3:59:15 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Evenbob
Bannon was nothing but a disruption the whole time he was in the WH.

It was only a year ago that Bannon promised that he would wage a war to unseat every Republican incumbent in Congress and replace them real Republicans, not these beltway swamp RINOs. His plan was foolproof, and it worked perfectly.
November 1st, 2018 at 4:02:38 PM permalink
Dalex64
Yeah, that fortune you quoted was part of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/23/us/politics/trump-tax-cuts-middle-class.html

Reporter: You said “lower tax cuts.” You said that you wanted tax cuts by Nov. 1. Congress isn’t even in session. How is that possible?

Mr. Trump: No, we’re going to be passing — no, no. We’re putting in a resolution sometime in the next week, or week and a half, two weeks.

Reporter: A resolution where?

Mr. Trump: We’re going to put in — we’re giving a middle-income tax reduction of about 10 percent. We’re doing it now for middle-income people. This is not for business; this is for middle. That’s on top of the tax decrease that we’ve already given them.

Reporter: Are you signing an executive order for that?

Mr. Trump: No. No. No. I’m going through Congress.

Reporter: But Congress isn’t in session, though.

Mr. Trump: We won’t have time to do the vote. We’ll do the vote later.

It is a completely empty promise, and you can tell he is expecting to lose the house and not having to follow through, and blame the Democrats. Sorta like how the republicans "tried" to repeal the ACA while under the protection of Obama's veto.

Even if the republicans held the house, this would have little chance of passing. It doesn't benefit the rich, and the current tax cut has been a disaster in terms of it's proven inability to pay for itself.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 1st, 2018 at 4:26:29 PM permalink
Dalex64
By the way, did you look at that net-favorability-by-state slider? It goes from a whole lot of green in the past to a whole lot of red now.
November 1st, 2018 at 5:22:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Evenbob does not accept eyewitness testimony

Correct. There is a ton written on this
subject, and it all comes to the same
conclusion.

Research has found that eyewitness testimony can be very unreliable.. Although witnesses can often be very confident that their memory is accurate..the malleable nature of human memory and visual perception makes eyewitness testimony one of the most unreliable forms of evidence.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 1st, 2018 at 6:04:53 PM permalink
Dalex64
What's worse is if you only have one source that *claims* there was eyewitnesses testimony.
November 1st, 2018 at 6:19:36 PM permalink
Dalex64
Is Trump claiming credit for this financial news, reported by Fox news research?

October→ A Scary Month For Stocks:

Dow:
Worst monthly pt loss since Oct 2008
Worst monthly % loss since Jan 2016

S&P 500:
Worst monthly pt loss on record
Worst monthly % loss since Sep 2011

Nasdaq:
Worst monthly pt loss since Nov 2000
Worst monthly % loss since Nov 2008

8:02 AM - Nov 1, 2018