No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 2nd, 2018 at 7:45:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_suppression_in_the_United_States

This loses credibility when it calls Photo ID "voter suppression." Most of it is just against good security for clean elections.

Quote:
A lot of this is perpetuated under the lie that voter fraud is a big problem, when evidence supports voter suppression as an actual widespread problem and voter fraud is very minor and limited.

Funny how Obama swept this under the rug and liberals never got mad about this voter suppression:

The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2018 at 7:46:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
Even a voter like me was harassed
I was in total shock
I already voted and I actually had a hard time voting
They did not like my signature. They said my signature needed to match
WTF, Its a signature, no 2 exactly alike, simply similar
They actually refused my signature, it was not similar enough.
I had to sign again trying to imitate exactly my sig on my License.
She studied the sig a few min then allowed me to vote
Really sad what this country has come to

See, if you had a Photo ID requirement this would not have happened!
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2018 at 7:49:51 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Dalex64
Yeah, that fortune you quoted was part of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/23/us/politics/trump-tax-cuts-middle-class.html

Reporter: You said “lower tax cuts.” You said that you wanted tax cuts by Nov. 1. Congress isn’t even in session. How is that possible?

Mr. Trump: No, we’re going to be passing — no, no. We’re putting in a resolution sometime in the next week, or week and a half, two weeks.

Reporter: A resolution where?

Mr. Trump: We’re going to put in — we’re giving a middle-income tax reduction of about 10 percent. We’re doing it now for middle-income people. This is not for business; this is for middle. That’s on top of the tax decrease that we’ve already given them.

Reporter: Are you signing an executive order for that?

Mr. Trump: No. No. No. I’m going through Congress.

Reporter: But Congress isn’t in session, though.

Mr. Trump: We won’t have time to do the vote. We’ll do the vote later.

It is a completely empty promise, and you can tell he is expecting to lose the house and not having to follow through, and blame the Democrats. Sorta like how the republicans "tried" to repeal the ACA while under the protection of Obama's veto.

Even if the republicans held the house, this would have little chance of passing. It doesn't benefit the rich, and the current tax cut has been a disaster in terms of it's proven inability to pay for itself.

Rather than this make believe tax cut I read an interesting article that promoted a reduced payroll tax that would go directly into a personal retirement fund. This would actually help the middle class and everyone depend on something other than the entitlements that we all know are going to be defunct long before many of us here are going to retire. It wouldn't be money directly available to citizens, but it would be a big help when retirement comes and the promises of the government are not there.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 2nd, 2018 at 8:06:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: FrGamble
Rather than this make believe tax cut I read an interesting article that promoted a reduced payroll tax that would go directly into a personal retirement fund. This would actually help the middle class and everyone depend on something other than the entitlements that we all know are going to be defunct long before many of us here are going to retire. It wouldn't be money dirggectly available to citizens, but it would be a big help when retirement comes and the promises of the government are not there.

George Bush proposed this in 2005, and the Democrats and the liberal groups savaged him to no end until it died.

Would have put 2% of your 15% FICA into a private account.

Even a below average worker making $30,000 per year would have $600 per year. That adds up over a career. Liberals hate it because it would allow the lower classes to accumulate and pass down inter-generational wealth. Democrats cannot have that among anyone but the uber-rich.
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2018 at 10:38:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
George Bush proposed this in 2005, and the Democrats and the liberal groups savaged him to no end until it died.

I remember that. Odd FrG has forgotten
all about it. Oh, wait, it's not odd at all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 2nd, 2018 at 11:01:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
A federal judge on Friday ordered that new U.S. citizens must be allowed to vote if they show proof of citizenship at the polls.
U.S. District Judge Eleanor Ross ruled against Secretary of State Brian Kemp(R), who had argued that state law already provides a process for new citizens to vote.
But Ross’ order said that process wasn’t working because some citizens have been turned away from the polls.
The ruling comes just four days before Tuesday’s election for governor between Kemp, a Republican, and Stacey Abrams, a Democrat.

https://politics.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/judge-orders-georgia-make-easier-for-new-citizens-vote/b02SGeanXrCpZeg1ryjZjN/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 2nd, 2018 at 11:48:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
https://politics.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/judge-orders-georgia-make-easier-for-new-citizens-vote/b02SGeanXrCpZeg1ryjZjN/

When I voted and they did not accept my 1st signature
I thought about challenging the people running the voting location
It really pissed me off but on the flip side, I really wanted to vote so I provided a second sig trying to imitate my license sig
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2018 at 12:00:52 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
I remember that. Odd FrG has forgotten
all about it. Oh, wait, it's not odd at all.

I didn't forget it. You can call them "Trump Retirement Accounts". Maybe it is more needed now then back then and maybe it can get better support. Unfortunately with our divided nature of our country right now there seems to be no room to compromise on anything.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 2nd, 2018 at 12:08:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: FrGamble
I didn't forget it. You can call them "Trump Retirement Accounts". Maybe it is more needed now then back then and maybe it can get better support. Unfortunately with our divided nature of our country right now there seems to be no room to compromise on anything.

It will never get support on the left. They are needed more now than then, and will be needed more 10 years form now than today. Here is the thing, though. This makes independent people. My grandparents had very little late in life. My mother is set fairly well. Hopefully I will be as well. This is all because we have saved for ourselves over the generations and learned to not rely on just your employer. My nieces and nephews will have even better guidance, they can all be millionaires several times with the financial and job knowledge they will be around.

This is bad news for those in big government. Bad news if one or more say the hell with college and go their own way. Bad news for anyone who prefers people get a straight job and live as drones. This is all why the left side cannot let them happen.

Happy All Souls Day, BTW.
The President is a fink.
November 4th, 2018 at 10:01:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I know many on the forum don't give Rasmussen much credibility but their latest poll has Trump at 51% approval and 47% disapproval which is as high it has been for many months. For those that like the MM polls NBC has him at 46% approval which is the highest I have noticed that poll at. We can probably all agree that despite all that is happening he is rising in the polls. We will know in a couple of days what this might mean for the midterms.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin