2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 4th, 2018 at 1:57:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
We will know in a couple of days what this might mean for the midterms.

Obama went down in the polling
every quarter after he was elected
and Lost the House and Senate in

Trump is the opposite. His polling has
generally risen the longer he's in office.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 4th, 2018 at 4:30:17 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
A Gallup poll, too funny!

Are you comparing that to Rasmussen or something?

How about Gallup to Gallup?

Not sure how this link is going to turn out, but Gallup has this interactive approval tool

https://news.gallup.com/interactives/185273/r.aspx?g_source=WWWV7HP&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

It doesn't back your assertion, generally.

Heck, even rasmussen's approval graph doesn't back your assertion.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 4th, 2018 at 4:45:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Shame nobody showed up for Trump's
rally in GA today. He's so hated only
10's of thousands attended.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 4th, 2018 at 5:55:52 PM permalink
Dalex64
“I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done,” - Trump

Donald Trump is to spend at least 40 days campaigning across America for the mid-term elections – more than either Barack Obama or George W Bush did while in office.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/21/donald-trump-spend-40-days-campaigning-mid-term-elections/amp/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_post-election_Donald_Trump_rallies

"Taxpayers are paying a fortune for the use of Air Force One on the campaign trail by President Obama and Crooked Hillary. A total disgrace!" - Trump
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 4th, 2018 at 6:06:34 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Dalex64
A Gallup poll, too funny!

Are you comparing that to Rasmussen or something?

How about Gallup to Gallup?

Not sure how this link is going to turn out, but Gallup has this interactive approval tool

https://news.gallup.com/interactives/185273/r.aspx?g_source=WWWV7HP&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

It doesn't back your assertion, generally.

Heck, even rasmussen's approval graph doesn't back your assertion.

Where did I mention Gallup? I quoted Ramussen which I knew you would dismiss and NBC which I thought you might give some credence to even it doesn't fit your personal prejudice.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 4th, 2018 at 6:20:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Where did I mention Gallup? I quoted Ramussen which I knew you would dismiss and NBC which I thought you might give some credence to even it doesn't fit your personal prejudice.

You have no idea how TDS works, do
you. Rational arguments fall of deaf
ears.
November 4th, 2018 at 6:28:42 PM permalink
Dalex64

I was pointing out the Gallup poll image in Bob's post directly prior to my own.
November 4th, 2018 at 6:36:03 PM permalink
Dalex64
I know many on the forum don't give Rasmussen much credibility but their latest poll has Trump at 51% approval and 47% disapproval which is as high it has been for many months. For those that like the MM polls NBC has him at 46% approval which is the highest I have noticed that poll at. We can probably all agree that despite all that is happening he is rising in the polls. We will know in a couple of days what this might mean for the midterms.

Ok I looked at this. 538 says NBC said 46% Nov 1-3 and that linked to
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/democrats-hold-7-point-edge-final-national-nbc-wsj-poll-n931001
Which says his October number was 45, characterizes it as stable.
Rasmussen is also quite bouncy, as it is a daily poll, but it has also been pretty stable but up 5 points or so from its lowest. It has been kissing and crossing 50 recently more than it has been kissing and crossing 45 as before.
November 4th, 2018 at 6:39:19 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Dalex64
Ok I looked at this. 538 says NBC said 46% Nov 1-3 and that linked to
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/democrats-hold-7-point-edge-final-national-nbc-wsj-poll-n931001
Which says his October number was 45, characterizes it as stable.
Rasmussen is also quite bouncy, as it is a daily poll, but it has also been pretty stable but up 5 points or so from its lowest. It has been kissing and crossing 50 recently more than it has been kissing and crossing 45 as before.

Which is my point Trump is rising in the polls. We will see in a couple of days if it means anything.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 5th, 2018 at 4:13:12 AM permalink
Dalex64
Ok. Back to Gallup polls, so we can compare apples to apples.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/243971/trump-job-approval-improves.aspx

A little bit down the page is the trump quarterly job approval ratings average, to be compared against the Obama quarterly job approval rating average that evenbob posted.

You can see there his rating started at 41.3, dipped over several quarters to 36.8, recovered over several quarters to 41.9, and then fell in the last quarter to 41.2, a number they said was boosted by a late approval ratings boost.

That helps complete the picture that even Bob was trying to paint. I would not characterise falling from where you started, recovering to slightly higher, and then falling back to where you started as "generally risen"

And since we are comparing the two, Obama's approval did fall quarter over quarter but still has not been as low as Trump's approval at its highest.