No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 5th, 2018 at 5:38:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Why do the righties never want to talk about the approval polls when they're down? But when they tick up a few points (still well below 50%), they can't shut up about them?

Oh wait, I know why...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 5th, 2018 at 6:03:45 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Why do the righties never want to talk about the approval polls when they're down? But when they tick up a few points (still well below 50%), they can't shut up about them?

Oh wait, I know why...

I can tell you why I don't talk (ever?) about approval ratings..... They are meaningless..... There is nothing that DJT can say or do, nothing, can I repeat myself, NOTHING, that will result in you giving him a positive approval rating. And there are posters here that will give him a positive approval rating no matter what he says or does. So the blips between 45 and 50% are just a few people changing their minds.
I also hate the 'up or down' part of the question.... do you approve of DJT.... I am for his strong borders policies. I am for his lessening business strangling regulations. I am against his demeaning style of, well, everything he says or does. So I do not feel i can answer the question.... Yes, I approve, or, No, I don't approve.

I think the real question is this..... do you approve of having DJT as President when compared to what you think would be happening now if HRC was President?
November 5th, 2018 at 7:49:57 AM permalink
ams288
Speaking of Rasmussen: they have the GOP +1 in the generic ballot matchup.

That is miles away from every other polling operation (CNN: Dems +13, NBC/WSJ: Dems +7, ABC/WashPost: Dems +8).

Guess we will get some definitive data tomorrow on just how good of a pollster Rasmussen is...
November 5th, 2018 at 7:51:19 AM permalink
ams288
Also, the LA Times (righties' favorite pollster in 2016 because it consistently showed Donald ahead in the popular vote) has the Dems +15 in the generic ballot.
November 5th, 2018 at 7:56:18 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: SOOPOO
I can tell you why I don't talk (ever?) about approval ratings..... They are meaningless..... There is nothing that DJT can say or do, nothing, can I repeat myself, NOTHING, that will result in you giving him a positive approval rating. And there are posters here that will give him a positive approval rating no matter what he says or does. So the blips between 45 and 50% are just a few people changing their minds.
I also hate the 'up or down' part of the question.... do you approve of DJT.... I am for his strong borders policies. I am for his lessening business strangling regulations. I am against his demeaning style of, well, everything he says or does. So I do not feel i can answer the question.... Yes, I approve, or, No, I don't approve.

I think the real question is this..... do you approve of having DJT as President when compared to what you think would be happening now if HRC was President?

You're right, and overall changes in approval / lack of approval by political party has been pretty unchanging.

same article as before
https://news.gallup.com/poll/243971/trump-job-approval-improves.aspx

change in support from July23-October7 to October8-14:
democrat support 8% (+0)
democrat support including leaners 9%-10% (+1)
republican support 86-90% (+4)
republicans including republican leaners 81-85% (+4)
independants 35 to 38% (+3)

comparing that to obama's numbers, as you might imagine the party numbers are flipped, but the independant numbers were higher
https://news.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 5th, 2018 at 7:57:59 AM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: ams288
Speaking of Rasmussen: they have the GOP +1 in the generic ballot matchup.

That is miles away from every other polling operation (CNN: Dems +13, NBC/WSJ: Dems +7, ABC/WashPost: Dems +8).

Guess we will get some definitive data tomorrow on just how good of a pollster Rasmussen is...

personally I think their odds of taking the house are no better than 50/50

lots of polls are giving them a 66 to 75% chance
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 5th, 2018 at 8:18:41 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Dalex64
personally I think their odds of taking the house are no better than 50/50

lots of polls are giving them a 66 to 75% chance

I'm on the same page. I feel lots of liberals are waaaaay too optimistic.
November 5th, 2018 at 8:23:45 PM permalink
Dalex64
“I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done,” - Trump

Donald Trump is to spend at least 40 days campaigning across America for the mid-term elections – more than either Barack Obama or George W Bush did while in office.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/21/donald-trump-spend-40-days-campaigning-mid-term-elections/amp/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_post-election_Donald_Trump_rallies

"Taxpayers are paying a fortune for the use of Air Force One on the campaign trail by President Obama and Crooked Hillary. A total disgrace!" - Trump

The volume of the crickets when I make posts like these is impressive.
November 6th, 2018 at 2:33:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The volume of the crickets when I make posts like these is impressive.

Because it is not worth wasting time explaining to people who make such a statement that the POTUS is always on duty. He is not some low level call center employee who once he leaves his desk is not "working."

Your statement reminds me of a woman who was upset because Bush43 was on vacation in August before 9/11, and thought his being away contributed to it.

*facepalm*
The President is a fink.
November 6th, 2018 at 3:16:00 AM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Because it is not worth wasting time explaining to people who make such a statement that the POTUS is always on duty. He is not some low level call center employee who once he leaves his desk is not "working."

Your statement reminds me of a woman who was upset because Bush43 was on vacation in August before 9/11, and thought his being away contributed to it.

*facepalm*

Judging by this response I’m pretty sure his point went wizzing way over your head. :S