2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 10th, 2018 at 4:11:33 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Well, the box may have had an official seal still intact,

However we are now in hypothetical land. New news reports are saying this box in the closet didn't have marked ballots in it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 10th, 2018 at 6:38:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: FrGamble
I would think that the moment that any ballots are out of the custody of election officials they would become null and void. How can we be sure that these ballots are then authentic or not tampered with?

A very good question. For good security in this situation the box should never be out of the sight of two people, ideally one from each party. Even if it had a seal, ballots could easily be stuffed. As I said earlier, this is a huge problem with the whole early voting thing. Too many chances for fraud.

I can't believe FL is still using paper ballots. I can see using paper in sparsely populated places in the west, but Florida?
The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2018 at 10:09:12 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
This article lays out Trump's grand strategy he's been using for the past 3 years:

Step 1: Propose something ridiculous.
Step 2: Cause chaos but don't deliver it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Every politician makes empty promises to pander to specific demographics, but Trump's promises are more strategic because he makes them with the specific intent of manipulating media coverage and getting a rise out of the libs. His voters love this WWE show, and whether or not Trump actually delivers on the ridiculous promise is irrelevant because it's fun watching the libs freak out.

In most of the cases cited by the article, the ridiculous promises benefitted Trump politically. (The author forgot to mention the 10% middle class tax cut that Trump promised in October. Luckily, there was an illegal migrant caravan of Latin American Al Qaeda/ISIS terrorists from Muslim Honduras to pivot to when the 10% tax cut didn't work out.)

But I think Trump's promise of a red wave was a mistake. Promising a red wave would lead to complacency, and ultimately backfire on efforts to get out the vote. And then when the blue wave hit, it made Trump look weak & impotent which goes against his brand of powerful strength.
November 14th, 2018 at 11:07:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: reno
And then when the blue wave hit,

"Blue wave? What blue wave? Look beyond a few dozen House races, and it's clear there is no blue wave sweeping across the country, toppling Republican power from coast to coast with a historic surge of opposition to the president's party. Even if there was such a surge, it was matched by a counter-surge from the right that was strong enough to blunt it. Anyone hoping to ride the once-promised blue wave has been left high and dry. Gillum, Abrams, and Beto O’Rourke each ran as progressives. But the wave that might have carried them to victory never materialized."

https://www.thenation.com/article/democrats-2018-midterms-republicans/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2018 at 11:45:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
"Blue wave? What blue wave? Look beyond a few dozen House races, and it's clear there is no blue wave sweeping across the country, toppling Republican power from coast to coast with a historic surge of opposition to the president's party. Even if there was such a surge, it was matched by a counter-surge from the right that was strong enough to blunt it. Anyone hoping to ride the once-promised blue wave has been left high and dry. Gillum, Abrams, and Beto O’Rourke each ran as progressives. But the wave that might have carried them to victory never materialized."

https://www.thenation.com/article/democrats-2018-midterms-republicans/

Your "experts" had the GOP holding the house by 15 seats...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 14th, 2018 at 12:04:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Your "experts" had the GOP holding the house by 15 seats...

I'm pretty thrilled with the results
I just wanted a Dem house and bet a 100.00 on it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2018 at 12:58:34 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
"Blue wave? What blue wave?

I'm not disappointed.
Dems flipped 37 seats in the U.S. House.
Dems flipped 7 governor seats.
Dems flipped 350 state legislative seats.
Dems flipped 6 state legislative chambers.

All that in exchange for 2 Senate seats? I'll take it.

In 2014, voters aged 65+ swung GOP by 12 points. In 2018, that was whittled down to 2 points.
In 2008, white college educated voters went for Obama by 8 points. In 2018, they voted Dem by 20 points.
In 2012, Obama had an 11 point margin with women. In 2018, women voted Dem by 19 points.

November 14th, 2018 at 1:00:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: terapined
I'm pretty thrilled with the results
t

I don't know why. The House is right
where Obama was in 2010. He still
had the Senate and the veto power.
This effectively neuters the House,
the Dems can get nothing through.
And Trump still has his pen. Remember
what Obama said in 2010? "I still have
my pen and my phone'. So does Trump.

This puts Trump in the cat birds seat
for 2020. He'll run like Obama did in
12. Look at the House, he'll say, 2 years
of control by the other party and they've
done nothing. Also, the Dems now have
baby Dems in their midst, and they will
be fighting tooth and nail with the old
Dems, it will be solid gridlock. You're
happy with this? lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2018 at 1:01:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: reno
I'm not disappointed.
]

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/1986/420/#post111986
November 14th, 2018 at 1:17:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This puts Trump in the cat birds seat
for 2020. He'll run like Obama did in
12. Look at the House, he'll say, 2 years
of control by the other party and they've
done nothing. Also, the Dems now have
baby Dems in their midst, and they will
be fighting tooth and nail with the old
Dems, it will be solid gridlock. You're
happy with this? lol

You think us lefties are expecting the Dems in the House to get anything passed and would be disappointed with gridlock? LOLOLOL

All we want them to do is investigate, subpoena, and investigate some more.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman