2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 15th, 2019 at 10:55:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
Media upset Trump bragged about how many burgers were served!

So the media gets upset Trump said burgers were "stacked a mile high!"

Earning the name "lamestream" day by day!

This is another example of TDS. He had invited a bunch of happy young men to the White House for a celebration. He found out due to the government shutdown his staff might not be there for the 'usual' food. So he called an audible and brought in foods from 3 popular fast food restaurants on his own dime! My guess is that there is not a single player that doesn't at least occasionally eat from these establishments. If I have to rate Trump on this as a positive or negative or no big deal, no big deal is the easy winner, with positive in second and negative trailing the field.

Go after Trump because you don't want to use taxpayer money for the wall.
Go after him because you think his SC nominees are anti abortion rights.
Go after him because you think his tax plan is bad for the country.

You all embarrass yourselves when he does a nothing and you try to make it into a something.
January 15th, 2019 at 11:01:19 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

This is another example of TDS. He had invited a bunch of happy young men to the White House for a celebration. He found out due to the government shutdown his staff might not be there for the 'usual' food. So he called an audible and brought in foods from 3 popular fast food restaurants on his own dime! My guess is that there is not a single player that doesn't at least occasionally eat from these establishments. If I have to rate Trump on this as a positive or negative or no big deal, no big deal is the easy winner, with positive in second and negative trailing the field.

You all embarrass yourselves when he does a nothing and you try to make it into a something.

I am not angry
I'm laughing
Serving fast food????
I had a New Years football party (UCF was playing for the National Championship), no way I would serve fast food
Its disgusting. I don't eat it. I care about my health
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 15th, 2019 at 11:08:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Your most likely one time visit to the White House and you get fast food? No other restaurants around? Memorable.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 15th, 2019 at 11:50:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

I'd bet they eat there several times a week. That Trump is known to love fast food makes him way more authentic to me. I'd bet the players loved it.

If one of the burger chains is smart they would make a promotion based on the "mile of hamburgers" thing. Maybe some lucky winner gets 1 mile of Big Macs?
The President is a fink.
January 15th, 2019 at 12:17:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Yes, teams often stop fast food places on road trips. And they probably sleep in cheaper hotels. Maybe Trump didn't have them in a fancy hotel so they would feel more at home. LOL. That's your logic right there.

Gah.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 15th, 2019 at 12:25:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Yes, teams often stop fast food places on road trips. And they probably sleep in cheaper hotels. Maybe Trump didn't have them in a fancy hotel so they would feel more at home. LOL. That's your logic right there.

Gah.

No, my logic is they are football players, not some group of bloggers from San Francisco. They are going to like meat, fries, manly food. To them the big thing is the honor of being in the White House and meeting their President.
The President is a fink.
January 15th, 2019 at 12:44:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
No, my logic is they are football players, not some group of bloggers from San Francisco. They are going to like meat, fries, manly food. To them the big thing is the honor of being in the White House and meeting their President.
I would like to have seen a few buckets of KFC, original recipe with the trimmings.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 15th, 2019 at 12:44:44 PM permalink
rxwine

You mean a 20-40 dollar steak is not manly?
January 15th, 2019 at 12:46:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
You mean a 20-40 dollar steak is not manly?

It is, but no can do what with the Democrats having shut the government down.
The President is a fink.
January 15th, 2019 at 12:48:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
I would like to have seen a few buckets of KFC, original recipe with the trimmings.

Still looked good!

EDIT: For those who remember the 1980s, the movie "Used Cars" had a crooked car dealer mess with a tape of the owner across the street to say they had a "mile of cars" then had her investigated for false advertising. The whining media just reminds me of that movie.
The President is a fink.