23 members have voted

February 21st, 2019 at 5:48:01 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: fleaswatter
Yale, MIT study: 22 million, not 11 million, undocumented immigrants in US

That might be true. It might not. I found this passage interesting:

Quote: The Hill
"We wouldn’t want people to walk away from this research thinking that suddenly there’s a large influx happening now,” said Feinstein. “It’s really something that happened in the past and maybe was not properly counted or documented.”

The researchers also noted if the undocumented population is twice as high as previous estimates, that means the incidence of criminality among undocumented immigrants is half as high as previously reported.

"You have the same number of crimes but now spread over twice as many people as was believed before, which right away means that the crime rate among undocumented immigrants is essentially half whatever was previously believed," said Kaplan.
February 21st, 2019 at 7:46:49 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
How can estimates vary so widely? I realise it would be difficult to know how many have sneaked over land borders but you should be able to know almost exactly how many have overstayed visas. Actually no, there is no outbound immigration at airports which is bizarre.
February 21st, 2019 at 8:50:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: reno
Source?

Yale shocker: 29.5 million illegal immigrants, 3X higher than Census number

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/yale-shocker-29-5-million-illegal-immigrants-3x-higher-than-census-number

Calif alone has 3 million illegals, probably
far more than that. An untold number
live with citizens and are shielded by
them. The real number could be over
5 million. It's turning the state into
a 3rd world country that runs on
welfare checks and food stamps.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 22nd, 2019 at 2:30:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
Number of unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. from the Philipines: 313,000
Number of unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. from China: 362,000
Number of unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. from India: 296,000
Number of unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. from Vietnam: 134,000
Number of unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. from Korea: 169,000
Number of unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. from Dominican Republic: 139,000
Number of unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. from Pakistan: 56,000
Number of unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. from Nigeria: 54,000
Number of unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. from Jamaica: 92,000

These people didn't hike through the Sonoran Desert and cross the border at midnight. They arrived on airplanes in broad daylight. How will Trump's pointless, expensive, ineffectual wall stop this?

Did someone say it would stop them?

Do you understand security at all?
The President is a fink.
March 5th, 2019 at 11:34:30 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I was in a Starbucks while in Vegas the other day and some Canadians were at the next table and we got to chatting - somehow or another the conversation turned to POTUS Trump and I think they assumed (incorrectly), that all Americans despise him -- I asked them why they hated him so much - they responded, almost in unison, that he is a "racist" - I asked what he has done to make them think that - they claimed well, "he hates black people" and doesn't want immigrants to come to the USA -- I asked them to name one time POTUS Trump ever said he does not want immigrants to come to the USA legally (they could not) - I then asked them for an example of POTUS Trump's hatred of blacks (they had none) -- however, the conversation went nowhere as they reiterated that they "knew" he was racist regardless of not being able to think of any examples -- I wished them a good trip and good luck gambling
March 5th, 2019 at 11:37:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: aceofspades
I was in a Starbucks while in Vegas the other day and some Canadians were at the next table and we got to chatting - somehow or another the conversation turned to POTUS Trump and I think they assumed (incorrectly), that all Americans despise him -- I asked them why they hated him so much - they responded, almost in unison, that he is a "racist" - I asked what he has done to make them think that - they claimed well, "he hates black people" and doesn't want immigrants to come to the USA -- I asked them to name one time POTUS Trump ever said he does not want immigrants to come to the USA legally (they could not) - I then asked them for an example of POTUS Trump's hatred of blacks (they had none) -- however, the conversation went nowhere as they reiterated that they "knew" he was racist regardless of not being able to think of any examples -- I wished them a good trip and good luck gambling

Sounds like they post at the other site lol

Actually it amazes me how much interest folks in other countries have about POTUS. Had a book where the author was talking about some kind of watch party I forget where in Europe where they were cheering when Obama was winning. As if it was their own country.
The President is a fink.
March 5th, 2019 at 11:43:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
they reiterated that they "knew" he was racist regardless of not being able to think of any examples -

They only know they heard it on
TV so it must be true. Obama
was a blatant racist as he showed
by the racist church he attended
for 20 years, and the Rose Garden
kiss ass beer summit he was forced
to attend for his racist comments
about White cops.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 5th, 2019 at 12:09:46 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Awww, too bad I wasn’t there, I could’ve helped them out.

How do we know he hates black people? Shithole countries, Central Park five, “low IQ individual,” birtherism, etc.

As for legal immigration, the Trump administration has done everything it can to cut back on it. Thanks to that evil little monster Stephen Miller.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 12:28:29 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: ams288

How do we know he hates black people? Shithole countries, Central Park five, “low IQ individual,” birtherism, etc.

As for legal immigration, the Trump administration has done everything it can to cut back on it. Thanks to that evil little monster Stephen Miller.

Cutting back legal immigration is fine by me as long as we still have homeless veterans living on the sidewalks - let's help them first
March 5th, 2019 at 12:37:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: ams288

Cutting back legal immigration is fine by me as long as we still have homeless veterans living on the sidewalks - let's help them first

What is wrong with cutting back on it period? What, 10% or more of the population is immigrant at the moment? Nothing wrong with cutting back on that to let the culture digest it.
The President is a fink.