2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

September 13th, 2019 at 2:55:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
There weren't legitimate reasons to go to war with Iraq. That was a crime.

https://theintercept.com/2015/04/10/twelve-years-later-u-s-media-still-cant-get-iraqi-wmd-story-right/

Actually there were. A dictator who attacked 4 neighbor countries unprovoked at different times and would not allow enforcement of the peace treaty he signed.
The President is a fink.
September 16th, 2019 at 9:57:14 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Shrek
How the hell is he supposed to give you an example of something that never happened?? 😂

Here's how:

Quote: AZDuffman
He not once stood up to the "BUSH LIED, KIDS DIED!" charges. Did not defend the total reasons for going into Iraq.

He just let his plan for SS get picked apart and destroyed. Would have been a great thing. Last year I was talking to a guy it came up, guy was screaming about it. When I calmed him down it took me a minute of explaining and he was then all for it. Bush did not try to explain it.

He let himself get demonized over response to Katrina. Yeah, three days for help to arrive. That is not bad when you consider it would take 1-2 days to just stage things.

He just let libs say "TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH" without saying, "NO, TAX CUTS FOR ALL!"

Each and every issue, he just gave in or gave up.
September 16th, 2019 at 11:04:16 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: reno
Quote: Shrek
How the hell is he supposed to give you an example of something that never happened?? 😂

Here's how:

Wow you're the first libbie to accept what a conservative said though. Most libbies will say something like "Prove so and so didn't say that!" lol.

So props to you! 👍
September 17th, 2019 at 1:57:35 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
When an incumbent Congressman runs for re-election, his odds of winning are usually over 90%.

With that in mind, here is a list of all of the Democrats in Congress not running for re-election in 2020:

Jose Serrano D-New York
Dave Loebsack D-Iowa
Susan Davis D-California
Ben Ray Lujan D-New Mexico

Here is a list of all of the Republicans in Congress not running for re-election in 2020:

Rob Bishop R-Utah
Rob Woodall R-Georgia
Susan Brooks R-Indiana
Paul Mitchell R-Michigan
Pete Olson R-Texas
Martha Roby R-Alabama
Mike Conaway R-Texas
Will Hurd R-Texas
Kenny Marchant R-Texas
John Shimkus R-Illinois
Bill Flores R-Texas
Jim Sensenbrenner R-Wisconsin
Bradley Byrne R-Alabama
Roger Marshall R-Kansas
Paul Cook R-California
Duncan Hunter R-California
Greg Gianforte R-Montana
Rom Marino R-Pennsylvania
Walter B Jones R-North Carolina
Sean Duffy R-Wisconsin
Johnny Isakson R-Georgia
September 18th, 2019 at 3:58:36 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
When an incumbent Congressman runs for re-election, his odds of winning are usually over 90%.

With that in mind, here is a list of all of the Democrats in Congress not running for re-election in 2020:

Jose Serrano D-New York
Dave Loebsack D-Iowa
Susan Davis D-California

Here is a list of all of the Republicans in Congress not running for re-election in 2020:

Rob Bishop R-Utah
Rob Woodall R-Georgia
Susan Brooks R-Indiana
Paul Mitchell R-Michigan
Pete Olson R-Texas
Martha Roby R-Alabama
Mike Conaway R-Texas
Will Hurd R-Texas
Kenny Marchant R-Texas
John Shimkus R-Illinois
Bill Flores R-Texas
Bradley Byrne R-Alabama
Roger Marshall R-Kansas
Paul Cook R-California
Greg Gianforte R-Montana
Sean Duffy R-Wisconsin
Johnny Isakson R-Georgia

I don't have the energy to look, but I wonder what the average ages of these Congresspeople are? Compared to those who are running to keep their seats?

I think the disparity in party is due to the 'real' Republicans upset at the leader (Trump) of their party. Any other ideas?
September 18th, 2019 at 4:25:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO

Jose Serrano D-New York
Dave Loebsack D-Iowa
Susan Davis D-California

Rob Bishop R-Utah
Rob Woodall R-Georgia
Susan Brooks R-Indiana
Paul Mitchell R-Michigan
Pete Olson R-Texas
Martha Roby R-Alabama
Mike Conaway R-Texas
Will Hurd R-Texas
Kenny Marchant R-Texas
John Shimkus R-Illinois
Bill Flores R-Texas
Bradley Byrne R-Alabama
Roger Marshall R-Kansas
Paul Cook R-California
Greg Gianforte R-Montana
Sean Duffy R-Wisconsin
Johnny Isakson R-Georgia

I don't have the energy to look, but I wonder what the average ages of these Congresspeople are? Compared to those who are running to keep their seats?

I think the disparity in party is due to the 'real' Republicans upset at the leader (Trump) of their party. Any other ideas?

Sean Duffy is leaving due to family issues. Others I think it is a mix. For sure many are never-Trumpers who cannot stand that some condo developer has crashed their little country club, though IMHO the worst of that left last cycle. Some I think in the words of Chuck Noll just figure they need to get on with their life's work. It takes a certain kind of someone to want to live the political life, after a few years any normal person should be tired of it.
The President is a fink.
September 18th, 2019 at 11:12:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody see Cory Lewindowsky make fools
out of congress yesterday? Very entertaining.
What bozos these Dems are.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 18th, 2019 at 2:12:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Any other politician who had 200k come into his personal business from a government source like this would be facing removal and probably some jail time. He's commander and chief, and directly connected to the military.

Quote:
Since Donald Trump took office, the U.S. military has spent nearly $200,000 at the president’s luxury Scotland resort, according to figures and documents the Pentagon provided to the House Oversight Committee.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/18/military-trumps-scottish-resort-1501877
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 18th, 2019 at 4:22:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Any other politician who had 200k come into his personal business from a government source like this would be facing removal and probably some jail time. He's commander and chief, and directly connected to the military.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/18/military-trumps-scottish-resort-1501877

Big deal, do you think Trump approves where every military member on travel stays? Another nothingburger.
The President is a fink.
September 18th, 2019 at 4:32:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine

Its classic corruption
A dem did this, conservatives would cry impeachment
But
Due to the Trump cult of personality, some conservatives now ignore corruption. Being against corruption is a bedrock of conservative principals.
Sad. Some conservatives no longer have principals and now turn a blind eye to corruption
I will always be against corruption regardless of politics.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"