No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

October 15th, 2019 at 4:29:31 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
Germany did not attack us on 12/7!

The US had no choice, but to go to war with Germany.

Germany declared war on the US, on Dec. 11, 1941. Hours later, the US declared war on Germany.
October 15th, 2019 at 5:26:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
The US had no choice, but to go to war with Germany.

Germany declared war on the US, on Dec. 11, 1941. Hours later, the US declared war on Germany.

The only war Hitler declared and the only unanimous declaration in US history. Even some SF loon would not declare against Japan.

But if you want to follow the logic, they did not attack us in 12/7. My point being that interests are not simple one-liners. And we did not have a part of society saying things like, "We call them 'Japs,' we cut off their oil, of course they attacked us!"
The President is a fink.
October 15th, 2019 at 6:23:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: petroglyph
Are you a vet?

I thought you had me blocked?

What do you expect Erdogan to do with 3.6 million migrants, keep them? There home is Syria to.

Not a vet.

You must have me confused with someone else. I like your posts. I disagree with many, agree with many. But they are all very thoughtful.

I expect Erdogan to wait until we have a Democrat President and then all 3.6 million would be welcomed here.

And you didn't answer my question, by the way.
October 15th, 2019 at 11:04:26 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: SOOPOO
And you didn't answer my question, by the way.
"So you would have been ok with us not helping to take down Hitler? Not our business? I'm glad you weren't President instead of FDR."

You mean that question? It looked to me like you had made a decision on it already.

In what capacity am I making this decision, as an enlistee? As Supreme Commander? As a war profiteering US bank? https://www.globalresearch.ca/american-banks-funded-the-nazis/31983

In this hypothetical, it depends on how much I knew and when . As a grunt, I'd have been right there with my dad and paratrooper grandfather. Grand dad incurred a permanent disability from poison gas.

As CIC, I would have responded when we were/are attacked, just about the way it happened. Hard to say now about, "the bomb".
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 17th, 2019 at 7:46:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
So much going on
Giuliani associates in jail
Trumps 3rd grade letter to Turkey
Dems continue to investigate
Republicans whining about unfairness in the House because they cant deal with a loss of power due to 2018 elections
Trump having a meltdown in front of Pelosi
Trump tweets photo of Pelosi pointing at him saying it was Pelosi having a meltdown. Pelosi loves the pic and is using it
Republicans criticizing Trump on Syria and Trump cant mentally deal with criticism

This is a real implosion
Prediction
President Pence
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 17th, 2019 at 7:55:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined

This is a real implosion
Prediction
President Pence

If that happens, I predict about a month later Pence will be saying, “Trump who?”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 17th, 2019 at 8:46:10 AM permalink
SOOPOO

Prediction
President Pence

Question.... right now there is no credible threat via a Republican primary to DJT. Let's say the Dems unearth a real impeachable offense that they could convince 20 or so Senators to vote DJT out. Or if he decides to focus on his business interests instead of running again? If the ouster is after normal primary season, how does the Republican party select a candidate?
October 17th, 2019 at 9:16:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There's about 8 independent candidates.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 17th, 2019 at 9:19:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Question.... right now there is no credible threat via a Republican primary to DJT. Let's say the Dems unearth a real impeachable offense that they could convince 20 or so Senators to vote DJT out. Or if he decides to focus on his business interests instead of running again? If the ouster is after normal primary season, how does the Republican party select a candidate?

At the convention or if this happens after the convention then an emergency convention
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 17th, 2019 at 11:09:09 AM permalink
SOOPOO
At the convention or if this happens after the convention then an emergency convention

Meaning it is a dozen people in a room rather than the millions of voters..... That's what I thought......