No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

April 2nd, 2020 at 10:13:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Just so no one gets confused, Trump still doesn't really believe in science, unless it comes up and bites him in the ass like this virus did. Climate change is still a "hoax". His choice wasn't about science, it was just about getting his ass kicked about something he couldn't yell "fake news" at and make it go away.

That's why Biden is way better.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 3rd, 2020 at 3:53:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Just so no one gets confused, Trump still doesn't really believe in science, unless it comes up and bites him in the ass like this virus did. Climate change is still a "hoax". His choice wasn't about science, it was just about getting his ass kicked about something he couldn't yell "fake news" at and make it go away.

That's why Biden is way better.

Climate Change a hoax. How many ways do we need to prove that? We have proven it many ways.

Anyone who thinks there are more than 2 genders has no business saying someone "doesn't believe in science."
The President is a fink.
April 3rd, 2020 at 5:49:42 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Going on 600 pages and Trump is still in a good position to win a second term.

Just a casual observation.
April 3rd, 2020 at 6:10:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Going on 600 pages and Trump is still in a good position to win a second term.

Just a casual observation.

It’s April.

Hillary was in a good position to win in April 2016.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 3rd, 2020 at 6:17:51 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
It’s April.

Hillary was in a good position to win in April 2016.

The point is not that he may win; it is that we are going over 600 pages of discussion about his implosion and he is still in the running for a second term.

I wouldn't bet on the election at this point. The difference is that I would have bet on Hillary winning once Trump was the nominee. Betting is not the same as voting, of course.
April 3rd, 2020 at 8:03:44 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
This also qualifies as "it's April" :
Trump's approval rating for handling the crisis has dropped from 55% to 47%
He also isn't doing himself any favors with the people of Michigan and Florida.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 3rd, 2020 at 8:34:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
As I type this there is a din of lawnmowers, leaf blowers, etc.... I was unaware that my lawn service is considered an essential business. I called the boss up and he said they are allowed to do spring clean-ups, and mow lawns, but are not allowed to put flowers in! I mean, once they are actually out by my house and doing all the other stuff, who determined that putting flowers in is adding any realistic risk? So silly.... (I am sort of happy to be not spending that money... my wife is not so happy about it...)

Also... we have a friend who is in the collections business. I can only imagine how that business will skyrocket, as many just figure that they don't have to pay any bills. I was also surprised to find out she is still going in to work. I guess collections is an essential business?
April 3rd, 2020 at 8:46:51 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
As I type this there is a din of lawnmowers, leaf blowers, etc.... I was unaware that my lawn service is considered an essential business. I called the boss up and he said they are allowed to do spring clean-ups, and mow lawns, but are not allowed to put flowers in! I mean, once they are actually out by my house and doing all the other stuff, who determined that putting flowers in is adding any realistic risk? So silly.... (I am sort of happy to be not spending that money... my wife is not so happy about it...)

Also... we have a friend who is in the collections business. I can only imagine how that business will skyrocket, as many just figure that they don't have to pay any bills. I was also surprised to find out she is still going in to work. I guess collections is an essential business?

Lawn care and landscape maintenance is almost always coded essential.

And, Finacial services are essential, which is a very broad term, and even included pawn shops (if they lend money "pawn" against an item) and title pawns. Collections falls under that category in most states. My father used to do collections as an accountant for collection lawfirms (retired), and now I would imagine your friend should be able to work from home since it is pretty much 100% phone and computer based.... I am not sure why the need would be to go to an office in 2020 for collections? Especially since collections is 90% just calling and emailing the same people over and over again and trying to come to a deal....

I do know Trump barred the collection of any student debt, so that may actually damper a significant portion of the industry, since a large percentage of bad debt is student debt..... And, student debt is pretty much the only thing you can't discharge in bankruptcy, so it's a steady stream for collections.... So I would speculate the barring of student debt from collections will actually lower the workload substantially (unless your friend just works in a specific kind of debt like medical debt.....)
April 3rd, 2020 at 10:18:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
It is my understanding that the number of medical debts that are in default dwarfs all other debts combined, in number of cases, not in dollar value.
After a knee replacement, you may get copay bills of $100 from your surgeon, $100 from me, $50 from the lab, $250 from the surgicenter, $50 from the internist, $50 from the physical therapist, $50 from the radiologist, etc.... Your student loan default may be $50,000, but it is one debt.

I also thought that the collections friend would be able to work from home, but that is not the case. I would imagine that the security to allow all these medical bills to be able to go to a person's home personal computer must be a lot. But after consulting with Hillary Clinton, I found out there is no problem.
April 3rd, 2020 at 10:26:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
[Edited]nevermind

This should be your sig line.
You're so wrapped up in vitriol
you can't see daylight anymore.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.