23 members have voted

April 26th, 2020 at 10:11:27 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
This is almost bleach-drinking levels of crazy:

1. It’s “Nobel” not Noble
2. He’s confusing it with the Pulitzer
3. WTF????!!?! lolololol glad he’s focusing on this when 50,000+ Americans are dead so far

This is becoming sad
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 27th, 2020 at 5:06:54 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler

3. WTF????!!?! lolololol glad he’s focusing on this when 50,000+ Americans are dead so far

He just responded to this on Facebook:

'Does anybody get the meaning of what a so-called Noble (Not Nobel) Prize is, especially as it pertains to Reporters and Journalists? Noble is defined as "having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals." Does sarcasm ever work? '

-Donald Trump

He is doubling down hard. Just like with covfefe. He can never admit a simple mistake.....

There is a 0.1% chance he was using sarcasm. You or I just ignore it, or say spell check got me, or say "I'm not good at spelling". Or if you are quick witted, ask the reporter to work for you as a spell checker, because that is all he is good for.....

I'm sure (well, maybe not!) that there is a time Trump publicly admitted he was wrong, but I'm asking my search savvy friends to find me a link?

And please, not an easy one like, "I thought Pelosi was the stupidest Representative ever, but then Schiff opened his mouth..."
April 27th, 2020 at 5:13:14 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

The tweets were stupid; I wish he would at least let someone filter his tweets so that the references are at least correct, even if people will disagree with his position. He isn't going to stop; I am sure many have asked him to stop and he has not done it.

Really, though, tweeting a few things day to day doesn't take away from working on the pandemic issue. You can disagree with his handling of the issue and his tweet, but I am sure the tine spent tweeting is very small compared to the all of the time spent on the pandemic. So small that it is not worthy of concern.
April 27th, 2020 at 7:42:36 AM permalink
redietz
Threads: 1
Well, I thought I had a day off when I didn't feel compelled to comment on something. I was wrong. For your perusal:

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot.com/2020/04/would-you-believe-it-was-sarcasm.html
April 27th, 2020 at 8:20:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
The tweets were stupid; I wish he would at least let someone filter his tweets so that the references are at least correct, even if people will disagree with his position. He isn't going to stop; I am sure many have asked him to stop and he has not done it.

Really, though, tweeting a few things day to day doesn't take away from working on the pandemic issue. You can disagree with his handling of the issue and his tweet, but I am sure the tine spent tweeting is very small compared to the all of the time spent on the pandemic. So small that it is not worthy of concern.

I just read somewhere that in all of the hours and hours Donny has spent speaking at the daily briefings he has spent a grand total of 4 and a half minutes expressing sympathy for the Americans that have died from the virus.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 27th, 2020 at 8:48:40 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Trump is the MASTER of political strategy. Several short years ago, I would have never guessed that he'd become the greatest political strategist alive.

He's getting libbies all fixated on stupid misspellings when literally anyone who types on a phone has made typos before. It's beautiful to watch! If libbies want to waste their time on something so stupid, then be my guest. 😂😂

Also, it's masterful how Trump is pretty much boxing in all of the libbie governors and forcing them to OWN this lockdown. Because when the economy tanks by November, voters are going to realize that Gabbin Newsom, Fredo's brother, and The Wicked Whit of the (Mid)west are the ones who are truly responsible for this mess!!

TRUMP 2020!!!

April 27th, 2020 at 8:49:42 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The White House has canceled today's Coronavirus daily briefing.

Someone on Twitter:

"Wow! Disinfectant really does get rid of things!"
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 27th, 2020 at 8:59:19 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman

'Does anybody get the meaning of what a so-called Noble (Not Nobel) Prize is, especially as it pertains to Reporters and Journalists? Noble is defined as "having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals." Does sarcasm ever work? '

-Donald Trump

He is doubling down hard. Just like with covfefe. He can never admit a simple mistake.....

Why admit a mistake when you are dealing with people stupid enough to think he said to drink bleach?

You do realize those were his supporters?

Nobody who dislikes Trump is going to follow his perceived advice.....
April 27th, 2020 at 9:03:17 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I just read somewhere that in all of the hours and hours Donny has spent speaking at the daily briefings he has spent a grand total of 4 and a half minutes expressing sympathy for the Americans that have died from the virus.

I stopped listening to all of the briefings a while back, but I remember him mentioning the deaths, and his sympathy for those who passed at most (maybe all) of the ones I heard.

I am not sure what the correct number of minutes would be...
April 27th, 2020 at 9:04:04 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO

-Donald Trump

There is a 0.1% chance he was using sarcasm. You or I just ignore it, or say spell check got me, or say "I'm not good at spelling". Or if you are quick witted, ask the reporter to work for you as a spell checker, because that is all he is good for.....

I'm sure (well, maybe not!) that there is a time Trump publicly admitted he was wrong, but I'm asking my search savvy friends to find me a link?

And please, not an easy one like, "I thought Pelosi was the stupidest Representative ever, but then Schiff opened his mouth..."

He never does, and I don't mean politically, his whole persona is just pushing that he was right and never admitting mistakes.

You can see this in interviews going back to the 1980s.

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/173224

"Even when the mistake is blatantly obvious, Trump still refuses to fess up. He goes to absurd lengths to attempt to falsely explain it away.

A typical example is the recent clamor over Trump’s obvious mistake of warning the nation that the state of Alabama was in the path of Hurricane Dorian and was at risk of suffering severe damage. The National Weather Service immediately issued a correction saying that Alabama, in fact, was not in the path of the hurricane and thus was not at risk of suffering any damage.

But Trump could not admit he was wrong. Instead, Trump continued to insist that he was right.

In a surreal displayfrom the Oval Office of the White House, Trump displayed to the nation a map of the path of the hurricane that obviously had been doctored with a Sharpie pen to extend the hurricane’s path to inaccurately include the state of Alabama.

Why can’t Trump simply admit that he made a mistake? Why does Trump feel the need to go to such great lengths to insist he was not wrong? "

Basically the article does on the say that he needs to keep his persona that he has built all of his life going....