2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

April 28th, 2020 at 5:26:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
Don Jr. is a dapper guy who could get any woman he wants. I bet he dumps her within the next year or so.

You heteros have an interesting definition of “dapper.”

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 29th, 2020 at 4:00:10 PM permalink
redietz
Threads: 1
Note to self: No red plaid shirts. Makes gut look big.
April 30th, 2020 at 2:17:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It's mind blowing the documents being
released that show how Flynn was totally
set up in the WH by the Obama FBI. The
corruption is sickening. Arrogant bastards.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 30th, 2020 at 6:25:13 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
It's mind blowing the documents being
released that show how Flynn was totally
set up in the WH by the Obama FBI. The
corruption is sickening. Arrogant bastards.

Tell Billy Barr to get off his fat ass and issue some indictments then.

Flynn pled guilty. End of story.
April 30th, 2020 at 6:55:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Tell Billy Barr to get off his fat ass and issue some indictments then.

Flynn pled guilty. End of story.

Wanna bet? I am not well versed in what Flynn did or did not do, but I am well versed in the power a federal DA can yield, and the ridiculous coercive power they have.

I have relayed this story before, but a few decades back my group was accused of billing fraud. I met with Federal DA... he told me he knew we did not do it on purpose, but that some bills were submitted illegally over a 3 year period. He offered us a deal that would essentially cost us (20 docs) around $1,000,000. No admission of guilt... no other penalties.... We asked our high priced lawyer for advice.... His answer.... 75% chance if we go to trial we win...... His fees and experts likely cost around $250k..... If we lose we could be at risk for $10k, trebled ($30k) PER BILL. If it was 3,000 bills..... that's $100,000,000. So pay like $50k per doc and be done with it, or pay $12.5k per doc and possibly be bankrupted..... Not even counting the days of lost work by sitting in a courtroom.

If he said 95% chance we would win it was still a risk we could not afford.

So Flynn..... plead guilty to this lower charge..... or else we go after your son...... you don't think that is what happened?

I don't know, but the only thing I do know is that "End of story" is NOT TRUE!
April 30th, 2020 at 6:58:17 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Wanna bet? I am not well versed in what Flynn did or did not do, but I am well versed in the power a federal DA can yield, and the ridiculous coercive power they have.

He lied to the FBI
How stupid can you get
FBI asks me questions, I'm telling the truth
Its a no brainer

Flynn will get a pardon by Jan 19 as the new Administration takes over the next day
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 30th, 2020 at 7:01:10 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
I don't know, but the only thing I do know is that "End of story" is NOT TRUE!

It is amazing how someone thinks that the "guilty" plea or verdict should be the end of it. There are lots of cases that end up with different outcomes after going through the whole process and when the truth gets out about misconduct involved in obtaining the evidence, conviction, or something else.

I am willing to bet that he doesn't really feel that way about all people that are found or make a plea of "guilty."
April 30th, 2020 at 7:05:20 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
FBI asks me questions, I'm telling the truth

Do you remember every single thing you have ever done or said? If not, you could be caught in a "lie" just by not remembering something the same in two different interviews.

Why are you liberals so against Flynn getting all of his due process instead of just what he already had?

Does this apply to ALL cases where "guilty" is the outcome of the trial?
April 30th, 2020 at 7:17:19 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
Do you remember every single thing you have ever done or said? If not, you could be caught in a "lie" just by not remembering something the same in two different interviews.

Why are you liberals so against Flynn getting all of his due process instead of just what he already had?

He already got his due process. He pled guilty. End of story (sorry SOOPOO).

Quote:
Does this apply to ALL cases where "guilty" is the outcome of the trial?

What a silly question. I hope you know the difference between pleading guilty and being found guilty at trial...
April 30th, 2020 at 8:31:12 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
He already got his due process. He pled guilty. End of story (sorry SOOPOO).

What a silly question. I hope you know the difference between pleading guilty and being found guilty at trial...

It is not necessarily a crime to have your story change if you are not the proper subject of an investigation. That is one example of the misconduct that MAY have happened in this case...they may not have had a reason to investigate him, which would change things.

There is more to the story, we will see how it plays out, and there is more to our judicial system that can happen after a guilty plea.

Perhaps you don't know that, but I suspect that you do...

"However, if a person received ineffective assistance of counsel leading to their decision to plead guilty and waive their rights, a good involuntary plea argument can be fashioned. In that case, the defendant's plea and waiver can be withdrawn and the defendant can start from square one defending the charges against them."

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/reversing-a-bad-result-ineffective-assistance-of-counsel-5873