No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 10th, 2020 at 11:49:24 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
I made a post with suggestions on how we can reduce income inequality in that thread BEFORE you asked. Not repeating myself. It’s there, a couple pages before you asked.

As to spending cuts, I’d start with the Grand Bargain framework Obama and Boehner negotiated and go from there. Obama took a lot of heat from liberals because he proposed chained CPI and raising retirement ages. Not sure if military was on the table in the GB but it would be in mine.

As to tax increases, bring pre-Reagan tax levels back. Adjust the brackets for today’s dollars.

I don’t mind getting in deeper to the weeds but I’m out and about and on my phone.

The good news? I’d say 90% of people are wearing masks. To hell with trump.
July 10th, 2020 at 11:54:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan

As to tax increases, bring pre-Reagan tax levels back. Adjust the brackets for today’s dollars.

How much more do YOU want to pay?

You are aware that pre-1986 there were far more shelters that mean those high rates you want people other than you to pay were not really paid as much income was sheltered?

Or are you just still being selfish and greedy wanting to punish people who have done better than you in life?

Quote:

What is good about that? What does Trump have to do with states forcing masks?
The President is a fink.
July 10th, 2020 at 12:53:05 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

WHO has announced that the virus can be air borne. This is very different from the thought before that it was only in the water droplets from your breath for a short time. If the virus itself is in the air it can stay airborne for hours and go right through most of the masks that people are wearing. Another myth about Covid bites the dust. Covid is going to run its course and humans no longer can stop that unless we get super lucky and create an effective vaccine faster than one has ever been developed before. . We can spread the effects out over time but at what cost to peoples health in numerous other ways?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 10th, 2020 at 1:29:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
WHO has announced that the virus can be air borne. This is very different from the thought before that it was only in the water droplets from your breath for a short time. If the virus itself is in the air it can stay airborne for hours and go right through most of the masks that people are wearing. Another myth about Covid bites the dust. Covid is going to run its course and humans no longer can stop that unless we get super lucky and create an effective vaccine faster than one has ever been developed before. . We can spread the effects out over time but at what cost to peoples health in numerous other ways?

Vaccine or an effective treatment that's not a vaccine, like AIDs treatments.

Also viral load could play a factor. Spending 15 minutes talking to someone face to face, vs briefly passing someone probably makes a difference.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2020 at 1:32:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Another possibility in favor of masks occurred to me. Mask warms the area around the face.

Warm air rises.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2020 at 6:32:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Tucker Carlson’s top writer has resigned after racist online posts he had published under a pseudonym surfaced

Tucker's not a 100% apologist for Trump like Hannity, but he's still 91% butt plug.
July 10th, 2020 at 7:10:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Tucker's not a 100% apologist for Trump like Hannity, but he's still 91% butt plug.

91% butt plug and 100% racist POS.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 11th, 2020 at 4:42:41 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Damn, just discovered another conservative babe! 👍
No thanks to Youtube though. They keep recommending a bunch of gay agenda BS and Black Lives Matter bullcrap instead of relevant stuff like this.

Anyway her name is Anna Paulina Luna, and she's actually running for Congress.

Isn't it cool how we have smokin hot babes like Anna, Tomi Lahren, Kayleigh McEnany, and Lauren Chen on our side......
while libbies have old sea hags like Hillary and Pocahontas on theirs 🤣🤣🤣

July 11th, 2020 at 5:18:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
Damn, just discovered another conservative babe! 👍
No thanks to Youtube though. They keep recommending a bunch of gay agenda BS and Black Lives Matter bullcrap instead of relevant stuff like this.

YouTube’s algorithm only recommends videos based on what you watch. So if you’re seeing “gay agenda” stuff..........

It’s why I NEVER click on any YT videos our lovely righties post. I don’t want my algorithm screwed up by that crap.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 11th, 2020 at 11:02:58 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
As to spending cuts, I’d start with the Grand Bargain framework Obama and Boehner negotiated and go from there. Obama took a lot of heat from liberals because he proposed chained CPI and raising retirement ages.

They raised the retirement age to 67 in 1983 and SS expenditures are still increasing by 5% or more annually. No help there.

Quote:
Not sure if military was on the table in the GB but it would be in mine.

If they cut military spending 100%,there would still be $400 billion deficit for this year alone. No help there either.

Quote:

Let’s see. Unemployment 11.3%. 3,600 companies filed for bankruptcy since the start of the year. Annual inflation rate of just 0.1%, threatening deflation. 51% of the restaurants closed due to the pandemic, are not coming back. Personal debt is $13.86 trillion, 42% of the jobs lost to the pandemic are not coming back, 28 million facing eviction, 90% of the restaurants and bars in NYC can’t pay their rent, United Airlines alone, laying of 36,000, Fed balance sheet over $7 trillion, and you want to raise taxes to a top rate of 70%.