2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 14th, 2023 at 4:43:56 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
I want my ‘lie detector’ test. Pick 100 Trump supporters, and ask them ‘Can Trump beat Biden in 2024’. I bet even those misguided enough to be Trump supporters are not necessarily stupid enough to think he can win.

I think you may be giving them a little too much credit.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 15th, 2023 at 5:39:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Would you donate to a general memorial fund raiser presumedly to the family of a dead person if you knew their net worth was 5 million?

I came across a story about Diamond (0f Diamond & Silk.) Saw she has a donation site that has raised 100K so far. Doesn't appear to be going to any foundation as far as I can tell.

Maybe the net worth quote was wrong. Story said other than podcast and youtube channel they charged $50 a ticket for speaking engagements.

Maybe they spent it all on hospital bills.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2023 at 8:12:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
A Florida-based federal judge has ordered nearly $1 million in sanctions against Donald Trump and his attorney Alina Habba, calling the former president a “mastermind of strategic abuse of the judicial process.”

In a blistering 46-page order, U.S. District Court Judge Donald Middlebrooks said Trump’s sprawling lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and dozens of former Justice Department and FBI officials was an almost cartoonish abuse of the legal system.

“Here, we are confronted with a lawsuit that should never have been filed, which was completely frivolous, both factually and legally, and which was brought in bad faith for an improper purpose,” Middlebrooks wrote. “Mr. Trump is a prolific and sophisticated litigant who is repeatedly using the courts to seek revenge on political adversaries. He is the mastermind of strategic abuse of the judicial process, and he cannot be seen as a litigant blindly following the advice of a lawyer.“

The judge ordered Trump and Habba to pay $938,000 to cover the legal costs for the 31 defendants Trump linked in his year-old lawsuit. It’s the second time Middlebrooks has sanctioned Habba in the Clinton lawsuit. The first time was a $50,000 order sought by a single defendant, Charles Dolan. The new round of sanctions was sought by the remaining defendants.

In the new order, Hillary Clinton got the biggest award of fees for a single defendant: almost $172,000.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/19/judge-sanctions-trump-habba-clinton-00078700
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 21st, 2023 at 4:39:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/19/judge-sanctions-trump-habba-clinton-00078700

I remember when that suit was filed. A certain member or two (who is no longer with us) acted like it was some game changer.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 21st, 2023 at 5:29:12 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
I remember when that suit was filed. A certain member or two (who is no longer with us) acted like it was some game changer.

I want Hilary to pose by an enlarged copy of the check! Pay to put it on billboards so Trump can see it daily on his round trip to the golf course! No check for Letitia James. Trump just dropped his lawsuit against her.

Trump’s tactics have been called ‘strategic abuse of the judicial process’. Good to see an actual punishment handed to him.
January 21st, 2023 at 8:13:24 AM permalink
quadriga
Threads: 0
So the judge held Trump and his attorney Alina Habba "jointly and severally" liable for a million in sanctions. Which means they must agree on how much each of them needs to contribute to the total amount because they are jointly and severally accountable. What are the odds of Trump paying his lawyer for the sanction-legal bill?

Trump screwing his lawyer Alina Habba over sanctions and legal costs would be on-brand. If Trump f cks his lawyer, he'll have to pay her an additional $130,000.
January 21st, 2023 at 10:38:30 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Love to see Trump bracing / chastising evangelicals.

Basically his attitude is "Hey, I sucked it up and pretended to like you, now you need to do that for me, truth be damned."

Funny stuff!
January 26th, 2023 at 5:25:50 PM permalink
rxwine
When it was leaked the Durham probe was looking into a criminal prosecution, the rightwing pundits concluded they had something on the Deep state, Hillary or Obama.

Turns out when Barr and Durham tried to get something substantive from the British and Italians the Italians gave them info about financial fraud involving Trump instead. So the wrongdoing the rightwing was salivating over was by their own guy.
January 27th, 2023 at 7:21:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
When it was leaked the Durham probe was looking into a criminal prosecution, the rightwing pundits concluded they had something on the Deep state, Hillary or Obama.

Turns out when Barr and Durham tried to get something substantive from the British and Italians the Italians gave them info about financial fraud involving Trump instead. So the wrongdoing the rightwing was salivating over was by their own guy.

THE ONLY CRIME DURHAM FOUND WAS ONE DONNY COMMITTED

Truly hilarious.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 14th, 2023 at 3:20:34 PM permalink
rxwine
There's current clip of Eric Bolling and John Bolton getting into it over the Afghanistan withdrawal. No, I didn't know who Eric Bolling was. He's a NEWSMAX host. But saw this comment which made me laugh.

"Ever since Fox fired Bolling for sending pics of himself in emails to staffers, he maintains his allegiance to stupidity."

* i know I have NEWSMAX on my cable, but unlike Fox, I barely have looked at it. I may skip to it more often and put it on my radar more often.

NEWSMAX was practically the first internet site I found on the Internet that had a compiling of random news stories links. The idea was so new, people kept asking me how I found so many stories so fast. It wasn't leaning right or left, it was just a compiler of news links from everywhere..