No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

February 27th, 2017 at 4:33:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I found the percentage answers on this question on the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll to be interesting and might be somewhat enlightening to those forum members that don't think Trump has any support.

"Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? “The news media and other elites are exaggerating
the problems with the Trump Administration because they are uncomfortable and threatened with the kind of
change that Trump represents.” **
Agree ........................................................ 53
Disagree ................................................... 45
Not sure.................................................. 2
** Asked of one-half the respondents (FORM B)."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 27th, 2017 at 4:41:05 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Cherry-picking should be done more subtly.

Quote: kenarman
I found the percentage answers on this question on the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll to be interesting and might be somewhat enlightening to those forum members that don't think Trump has any support.

I'm sure he has support. Though less than he had back in November.

Quote:
** Asked of one-half the respondents (FORM B)."

What about the other half of the respondents? What question led to this? The 53% is of what percentage? And are you comfortable with the populist tone of the question ("elites")?

Lastly, just because you think Trump's problems are being exaggerated, does not mean you think he has no serious problems.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 27th, 2017 at 4:53:25 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Nareed
Cherry-picking should be done more subtly.

I'm sure he has support. Though less than he had back in November.

What about the other half of the respondents? What question led to this? The 53% is of what percentage? And are you comfortable with the populist tone of the question ("elites")?

Lastly, just because you think Trump's problems are being exaggerated, does not mean you think he has no serious problems.

Instead of getting your numbers from the media read the poll it is easy to find and it is less than a week old. The question A (and I paraphrase) is do you think a small number of people in DC are controlling things to their benefit, 83% agreement.

The other answer that surprised me is that congress is only polling 33% approval with Republican congressman 1% ahead of Democrats.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 27th, 2017 at 5:39:25 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The Donald observed that the health care problem is more complex than he thought. "Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated." Really?

One of his put America first ideas for dealing with it: Repeal it? No. Replace it? No. Reform it? No. One of his suggestions was to let it implode so that the Democrats would take the blame.

That's his idea of problem solving, of putting America first.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 27th, 2017 at 6:54:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
The Donald observed that the health care problem is more complex than he thought. .

He knew it was complex, but that's not
much of a platform to run on. Like
the major insurance companies say,
O-care is in a death spiral, it will die
whether you do something or not.
All the major companies have pulled
out or are pulling out.

Remember Obama running on closing
Gitmo? It was a mainstay of his campaign.
After a few months in office he said, gee,
this is more complicated than I thought.
It was still open last time I looked.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 28th, 2017 at 5:40:15 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Obama said the economy was much worse than he thought for the whole eight years he did nothing about it.
February 28th, 2017 at 6:38:30 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Dalex64
The Donald observed that the health care problem is more complex than he thought. "Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated." Really?

So? Just do what he did with his secret master plan to defeat ISIS: issue an order to an agency to solve it.

Quote:
One of his put America first ideas for dealing with it: Repeal it? No. Replace it? No. Reform it? No. One of his suggestions was to let it implode so that the Democrats would take the blame.

That's his idea of problem solving, of putting America first.

The hard part about governing, is that you get stuck with the results.

Beyond that, the GOP has never had any real interest in health care policy. They controlled the White House and Congress for some years during Bush's time and did nothing about it. Their plan against Obamacare was to get enough Senate votes that nothing would get done. Later they symbolically passed bills to kill it but never implemented them.

Now they have control of the government again, and seem intent on doing nothing about it.
February 28th, 2017 at 7:18:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: pew
Obama said the economy was much worse than he thought for the whole eight years he did nothing about it.

I always laughed at that. Campaigning he kept saying it was the worst economy in 50 years yet then he didn't know how bad it was. Yet he never got called out on that.

I keep hearing more and more anecdotal stories about how as soon as Trump was elected manufacturing companies started getting more capital orders. I can say for sure Oil and Gas picked right up. Having never been in the real world. Obama and Hillary never understood that even the promise of new regs kills investment.
The President is a fink.
February 28th, 2017 at 8:31:48 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: kenarman
Instead of getting your numbers from the media read the poll it is easy to find and it is less than a week old.

When were NBC and the WSJ not the media??

Quote:
The question A (and I paraphrase) is do you think a small number of people in DC are controlling things to their benefit, 83% agreement.

So of 83% who think people in DC are controlling things to their benefit, presumably including Golden Boy and his people, 50-some percent believe the media exaggerates the problems of the Golden Boy administration.

This means about 44.5% of all those polled believe this.

Far less impressive, yes?

Quote:
The other answer that surprised me is that congress is only polling 33% approval

Meaningless. Congress always polls exceedingly low, with the local Rep and Senators polling reasonably high.

Quote:
with Republican congressman 1% ahead of Democrats.

Statistically insignificant.
February 28th, 2017 at 10:30:24 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
What's the big BIG news today? Kellyanne
sitting on an Oval Office couch with her
legs under her! The media is going insane
over this. Never mind that in the early
Clinton days George Stuffandpuffannoplos
and his buds had pizza parties there till
after midnight all the time, drinking beer
and wearing sweat pants, Kellyanne has
just created an international incident. lol

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.