YOUR HARD EARNED TAX DOLLARS AT WORK

Page 1 of 212>
November 30th, 2016 at 6:56:00 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Little over 2 years ago went to Denver to find granddaughter Heaven, heavy into drugs, living on streets, turning tricks, pregnant, Found her sleeping in stolen car, drove her 250 miles thru mountains to Grand Junction. Though her brain was fried. The whole time she had neck craned, forehead almost touching front windshield, pointing out which clouds aliens lived in, how they moved the mountains at night, totally lost. Took a year just to get court appearances, warrants, fines etc. settled. Last spring worked in orchrad picking peaches, owner gave her a job at roadside stand after harvest, works in hot house now. CLEAN as a whistle, works in Church nursery, not on any benefits state or Federal, planning on going back to school next year. Granddaughter's name is Lilly Belle.
So I have saved some of your tax money.
Grandson, 26, in Pen at Canon City. Long story short, hit spikes at 105 mph wrecked car used shotgun to open smashed drivers door, cops returned fire, he ran unarmed, caught and beat shit out of him ( rightfully so ) Plead down to 6 to 12 max. Went up for parole, basically nobody gets it first time up, me and him in a room, video conference with1 member, then that person talks to full board of 7, need 4 votes.
Start not so good, lady had head down writing mostly, must get boring, anyway DJ speaks his peace, asked why 1 year program has taken 523 days, he says tutored guys with homework, got suspended, didn't know that was wrong back in program now, really likes it.
Not looking good, lady raises head , ask if I have anything to say. I repeat above about heaven, but got her attention when I said Heaven was doing job they say Americans wont do, picking peaches, She is attentive, I say orchard will interview DJ for a job, if not got a job lined up at brakes plus, also 2 year auto mechanic school available. She says she will refer to full board but things just go to bottom of pile, maybe 2 or 3 months before DJ hears anything. This was 3 weeks ago. I kick DJ twice before he figures out to say that will give him time to complete program. 2 weeks later he hears he will be paroled Jan. 4th 2017.
So I saved some more tax money and DJ should be a taxpaying citizen like Heaven shortly.

But I may have spent some tax money with my complaint about age discrimination against VA hospital. And regardless of what EB thinks I am more than capable and don't plan on dying soon. Will try and finish this , but might have to go pick up Josie soon.
November 30th, 2016 at 7:03:50 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Short version Will Update later. Applied for custodial job at VA hospital, job for vets only, i meet or exceed all requirements, plus get 5 points as Vietnam Era vet. Job closes, 3 weeks later I find out job has been offered and accepted. Hey, 38K population here vet only job,
I got 5 bonus points, don't make the cut to be interviewed WTF ????
File informal complaint with ORM, VA group that looks into case to save tax payer money by resolving without involving EEOC. I have to push the process, remind people of time limits, a month without any progress or info from anybody, contact says 18 days left, then 3 days to go, get request for informal interview. AT LAST ?

Any guess what happened then ? You hard earned tax money at work !!!
December 1st, 2016 at 2:20:13 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
good job working with those kids, Buzzard

Quote: buzzardknot
Any guess what happened then ? You hard earned tax money at work !!!

It seems the job got filled already, so, I dunno, the person that was to interview you didn't show up?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 1st, 2016 at 4:10:40 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Lucky to be alive, cops hear shotgun they simply shoot back they don't think it was solely to escape vehicle.

auto mechanic is dead end job now.
December 1st, 2016 at 6:37:20 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Quote: Fleastiff
Lucky to be alive, cops hear shotgun they simply shoot back they don't think it was solely to escape vehicle.

auto mechanic is dead end job now.

Yeah he heard popping sounds as he tried ti get out of car. Did not realize it was gunfire from cops till later. I imagine his adrenelin was at the max
December 1st, 2016 at 6:40:43 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Quote: odiousgambit
good job working with those kids, Buzzard

It seems the job got filled already, so, I dunno, the person that was to interview you didn't show up?

This was to be a phone interview. All I was looking for was an apology or at least the hope that whoever decided not to interview me because of my age might think before doing it again. Hey, I am a VET, I was damn sure qualified, willing to admit somebody may have been more qualified. Of course job may have been wired for an insider. Who knows ?
December 1st, 2016 at 6:49:29 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: buzzardknot
Of course job may have been wired for an insider. Who knows ?
Most are.

I recall one Army Captain responded to an ad in the paper and got a nasty get lost letter from the university. About a week later he got a phone call asking him to come in for an interview...when he asked about that initial letter it was 'oh we send that to all resumes from people we don't know'.
December 1st, 2016 at 7:02:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I hate the modern idea of using the internet to apply for a job, send resumes, etc, even more, but in the old days the ads in the paper were bad enough. Sending in a resume was generally just sending in something to a black hole - outrageous that they didn't even feel the need to acknowledge receipt. My experience with resumes,anyway; when I got a job it was when a phone call got an interview.

I guess it was the good old days in a way - there were times when companies were hiring!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 1st, 2016 at 7:10:07 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Back in 80's and 90's. I was Chief Shop Steward at AT&T and Affirmative action was full blast. If a manager was to avoid all that, he would write job ad for the person he wanted . Say Fred had 3 years on testboard, 2 and 1/2 years in sales, college degree. marketing background, he added those requirements to standard ones and guess what Fred got the job.
December 4th, 2016 at 6:23:35 PM permalink
buzzardknot
RECAP :
Applied for job, met or exceeded all requirements.
Got 5 bonus points as vietnam vet.
Checked staus 2 week after posting closed.
Get email reply from Washington DC ?
Job has been offered and accepted
I was not even interviewed.
Find I can use ORM to complain. Office of Resoltion Management
ORM Is attempt to settle without EEOC suit.
Email form back with signature to Mrs M, EEOC interface
Mrs M is in Washington state,
2 week checkup Mrs M says no one assigned in ORM
1 week later Ms R assigned to case.
30 days later I call Mrs My , she says only 18 days left, she will persue with Ms R

25 days later I try to call Mrs M , wierd voice mail, enter xtn pls
If dont know enter letters of persons name. I try 3, then 4, too many replies it says
I enter 5 , it finds 4 people and xtension, none of the Mrs M
Dial every 5 minutes, 45 minutes later get Mrs M
Before I can remind her clock is ticking, she has NEWS
Looks like Mrs R not doing anything, I get idea from Mrs M this is not first time.
Mrs M will email VA form 4939, and my RIGHT TO FILE NOTICE.
Next day , no email, call Mrs M She sends 3 or 4 times never gets here.
Emails me direct message, I get that ok , but no Right To File
She tries cut and paste but in attachment form ?/ Still no go.
I have 15 days to file, have verbal RTF, but well you never know.
Mrs M will mail, see how easy that was, really.
Only she used UPS overnight delivery.
I was just gonna forgedaboutit, then I read this in USA today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/12/01/kaiser-free-clinics-aim-fill-vas-shortfalls-mental-health/94759370/

Decided to google Ms R, is she is Washington Dc or Washington State.
Not really She is the ORM director in VA hospital in Grand Junction.
10 minutes by car from my apartment less than 10 second by phone.
Probably makes 80-100K a year. Probably really busy.
Has to put an ORM poster on each floor of the hospital.
All 3 floors.

Page 1 of 212>