Trump Transition

Page 6 of 6« First<3456
December 6th, 2016 at 2:25:25 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Former Speaker of the House Nacny Pelosi should resign for making racist comments about Ben Carson.

�Dr. Ben Carson is a disconcerting and disturbingly unqualified choice to lead a department as complex and consequential as Housing and Urban Development."

http://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/12516/

Well, it was racist when anyone white made a statement like that about President Obama not being qualified to be President.

Get over it, loser, you lost. Trump gets to appoint the cabinet. The Senate gets to confirm them. The House? They are of little import in the matter.
December 6th, 2016 at 2:27:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
'A landslide victory is an electoral victory in a political system, when one candidate or party receives an overwhelming majority of the votes or seats in the elected body'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landslide_victory

This certainly applies to this election.
President, house, senate, governors,
state legislators, the Dems were
crushed on Nov 8th.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 6th, 2016 at 2:34:24 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
I don't listen to Rush or anybody on the radio. Did love to listen to Frederick J. Eikerenkoetter II, He was on hundreds of station in he 1970's.

"It is the lack of money that is the root of all evil," he used to say. "The best thing you can do for the poor is not to be one of them."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverend_Ike
December 6th, 2016 at 4:01:42 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: pew
It's like taking Cleveland -25 points and they win by 26. I think I got that right but I don't know much about sports betting.

Not really like that... for one thing, that imp[lies they are big favourites, which the Browns won't be this year :)

It's more like betting on the Browns +10 and them winning. You didn't need the points, but it ain't a thrashing when the score is 30-23

Same way if they lost by 7, their opponents would not have won by an amazing amount, and no commentator would have been jumping up and down and saying it was a huge overwhelming win.

It works for both sides. If winning the EC with 306 seats is a landslide, what on earth do you call the 450+ EC wins from the past? It was a close election. Trump won, by enough in the EC to put it out of the question, but not so that you can claim an avalanche. Or mudslide. Or any other type of earth movement. To claim other wise is disingenuous reporting, the sort of echo-chamber 'ra ra ra' BS that the media keeps getting blasted for.

The Democrats got handily beaten in the Senate but it's 51-46. That gives a majority to use, but not a super majority. The house is 241-194 (with a change of +6 to the Democrats). That's also handy majority and enough I suspect the Republicans not to have to worry too much.

If you look historically, these splits are on the lower end of the splits the house and senate have seen in the past, with much bigger dominance by one [arty or the other. Typically 60/40 splits have been in both bodies about half the time.

So, while a sound win, it's hard to call it a landslide and seismic shift. Believing it is the sort of complacency that the Democrats fell into right?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 6 of 6« First<3456