2017 Dead Pool

Thread Rating:

February 23rd, 2017 at 11:37:01 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
He was one way I could actually "take" Hannity. I can't watch his TV show or listen to his radio show because he just says a lot of the stuff over and over...

Colmes balanced Hannity. Alone Hannity is unwatchable.
He's a blowhard egomaniac, he's a broken record, 5 min
of him and I don't look again for 6 months.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 23rd, 2017 at 12:31:55 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: Ayecarumba
Buttner died of cancer. What got Colmes? News outlet reports say, "a brief illness"

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/alan-colmes-cause-of-death-lymphoma-cancer-dead-how-did-he-die-what-did-of/
February 24th, 2017 at 3:24:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I enjoyed watching him on "Hannity and Colmes." He laid out the case for his side well. I didn't always agree, but I could better understand his position after he explained it.

I did prefer the older format better, but he really was not able to make his points near as well as Hannity. Maybe because Hannity was using logic and had better fact back-up. Maybe because the show was filmed right after Hannity did his radio show and often the same topic so Hannity had several hours to warm up. However you looked at it though, he was clearly the junior partner in the show.
The President is a fink.
February 24th, 2017 at 7:43:02 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
I did prefer the older format better, but he really was not able to make his points near as well as Hannity. Maybe because Hannity was using logic and had better fact back-up. Maybe because the show was filmed right after Hannity did his radio show and often the same topic so Hannity had several hours to warm up. However you looked at it though, he was clearly the junior partner in the show.

As a liberal, he had to do the best with what they gave him. Many of their positions are hard to defend.
February 24th, 2017 at 2:02:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
As a liberal, he had to do the best with what they gave him. Many of their positions are hard to defend.

I agree and some of the things were probably staged. But he came off like a salesman with no confidence.
The President is a fink.
February 24th, 2017 at 5:54:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I agree and some of the things were probably staged. But he came off like a salesman with no confidence.

I agree. Which is why he was the perfect token liberal for Fox News.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 24th, 2017 at 6:16:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Colmes was a stand up comic for years
before he went into news. He was an
oddball.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 25th, 2017 at 12:21:39 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17

Actually, the real challenge is for conservatives to defend their positions without sounding like utterly awful human beings. Liberalism is about treating people decently, and that's very easy to defend.
February 25th, 2017 at 7:55:59 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: stinkingliberal
Liberalism is about treating people decently, and that's very easy to defend.

Kinda like how you treat Trump I guess. You are a true Liberal Stinky.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 25th, 2017 at 10:32:03 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: stinkingliberal
Liberalism is about treating people decently, and that's very easy to defend.

I'm just going let that one sink in for a while...it sure doesn't show in your writing here!!