2017 Dead Pool

Thread Rating:

May 21st, 2017 at 11:45:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, which is hanging its hat for the last time this weekend.the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, which is hanging its hat for the last time this weekend.

Lasted since 1800s.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ap-exclusive-the-final-days-of-the-ringling-bros-circus/ar-BBBf95z?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2017 at 11:02:40 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: rxwine

I predict they will be back. There's a lot of equity in the name.
May 22nd, 2017 at 12:41:54 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Ayecarumba
I predict they will be back. There's a lot of equity in the name.

The PC forces that spend all their time trying to take down Trump are the same type of forces that drive the animal rights PC movement. A private company can not stand against that kind of pressure even it is driven by only a relatively small percentage of the population. They will now find another target and within 20 years or less the target will be the dogs and cats we keep in our homes. Ringling Bros. shut down because sales plummeted once they didn't have the large animals.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 23rd, 2017 at 6:18:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Sir Roger Moore has died after a brief battle with cancer.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 23rd, 2017 at 11:23:50 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'm sure he wasn't on any lists, but for those who haven't heard Dan Lubin, aka paigowdan at WoV died on 5/21. More on that at WoV.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 23rd, 2017 at 1:28:26 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Sir Roger Moore has died after a brief battle with cancer.

The Man with the Golden Gun was one of my favorite Bond Films
Its the only Roger Moore Bond film I really liked
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 23rd, 2017 at 4:18:38 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: terapined
The Man with the Golden Gun was one of my favorite Bond Films
Its the only Roger Moore Bond film I really liked

I like it too. I'm not saying Roger Moore was the best Bond but he was my Bond. I think everyone likes the actor who played Bond when they started watching Bond movies. My first in a theater was Moonraker. Saw it a second-run movie theater in Garden Grove at the age of 13 or so. Loved it!

Looking back, I'd say my favorite Roger Moore film, or any Bond film for that matter, was The Spy Who Loved Me. Live and Let Die would be second. Golden Gun and Moonraker are 3rd and 4th in no particular order.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 23rd, 2017 at 4:25:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Now that I think about it. I really liked Live and let die also. It seemed to me the later Moore Bond films were much weaker then the 1st few
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 23rd, 2017 at 4:29:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
I like it too. I'm not saying Roger Moore was the best Bond but he was my Bond. I think everyone likes the actor who played Bond when they started watching Bond movies. My first in a theater was Moonraker. Saw it a second-run movie theater in Garden Grove at the age of 13 or so. Loved it!

Looking back, I'd say my favorite Roger Moore film, or any Bond film for that matter, was The Spy Who Loved Me. Live and Let Die would be second. Golden Gun and Moonraker are 3rd and 4th in no particular order.

Moore was put in as a "polite" Bond to kind of balance Connery's more tough-guy Bond. He was the first Bond I saw. I am mixed on LALD. Not a bad movie, but fell to the Blaxploitation theme of the day. My favorite is "Diamonds are Forever" for various reasons. One of which is the Vegas setting.
The President is a fink.
May 23rd, 2017 at 10:44:45 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Moore was put in as a "polite" Bond to kind of balance Connery's more tough-guy Bond. He was the first Bond I saw. I am mixed on LALD. Not a bad movie, but fell to the Blaxploitation theme of the day. My favorite is "Diamonds are Forever" for various reasons. One of which is the Vegas setting.

I'm with you on Diamonds Are Forever. One of my favourites.

Octopussy probably my favourite with Roger Moore.