2017 Dead Pool

Thread Rating:

September 27th, 2017 at 8:28:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Stiff for the last time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 27th, 2017 at 8:33:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Ibeatyouraces
Hugh Hefner 91.

What an icon, he was a huge deal even
when I was a little kid. His magazine
gave me much pleasure at different
times, in more ways than one.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 27th, 2017 at 9:48:17 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Hugh's impact on the sixties and seventies is hard to overstate. Very simply -- he gave sex a good name. My father had a stash in his office, mixed with a bunch of boring science magazines, I and my friends raided many times. Every boy my age could probably tell a similar story. Once I found a Playboy in somebody's trash and it was like finding gold.

Hugh was not a perfect man. He built up an empire and then gradually saw it crumble to a small fraction of its all time high. I lost count of how many times he's been married. Still, I'm sure he lived a very happy life and died about as happy as anyone can. I salute you Hugh.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 27th, 2017 at 10:34:26 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

A happy man!
September 27th, 2017 at 10:34:28 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Odd timing for me personally. It had been probably a decade (or two) since I had last seen the inside of one of his magazines. Nevertheless I have fond memories, so last week I ordered this 700 page complete collection of centerfolds and Amazon finally delivered it (all 8 lbs. of it) yesterday.

September 28th, 2017 at 2:59:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Ibeatyouraces
Hugh Hefner 91.

Just this week I used him as an example of what a Life Estate is to one of our newer people.
The President is a fink.
September 28th, 2017 at 6:57:36 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Wizard
Hugh's impact on the sixties and seventies is hard to overstate. Very simply -- he gave sex a good name. My father had a stash in his office, mixed with a bunch of boring science magazines, I and my friends raided many times. Every boy my age could probably tell a similar story. Once I found a Playboy in somebody's trash and it was like finding gold.

Hugh was not a perfect man. He built up an empire and then gradually saw it crumble to a small fraction of its all time high. I lost count of how many times he's been married. Still, I'm sure he lived a very happy life and died about as happy as anyone can. I salute you Hugh.

I posted this in another thread a couple of years ago.
When I was about 10 years old in 1971 I lived in a rural mountainous area near Albuquerque. Our neighbor was in the habit of dumping some of his trash in the woods behind his house. He apparently decided to dispose of his Playboy collection because my friend and I happened upon a huge pile of magazines while out for a hike. They spanned from the late fifties to the current time. They may not have been worth anything, but to a couple of 10 year old boys in 1971 the value was indescribable.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
September 28th, 2017 at 7:31:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: reno
Odd timing for me personally. It had been probably a decade (or two) since I had last seen the inside of one of his magazines. Nevertheless I have fond memories, so last week I ordered this 700 page complete

Looks cool
Thinking about heading over to the Pirates den to download this :-)
The last thing I downloaded there was the huge MAD magazine compilation book
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 28th, 2017 at 10:41:35 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
I clicked the Amazon link and it said they have some used. No thanks, I don't think "used" is the way to go on this one.
September 28th, 2017 at 12:12:51 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: JimRockford
...They may not have been worth anything, but to a couple of 10 year old boys in 1971 the value was indescribable.

Good story. I can't imagine being a 12-year-old boy today where you see anything you want for free online. Seems too easy.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber