2017 Dead Pool

Thread Rating:

January 25th, 2017 at 1:06:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 119
Posts: 5357
Quote: AZDuffman
Mary Tyler Moore now driving Mr. Grant crazy on the other side.


Woe, not a big shocker because of her age, but still kind of shocking. I didn't think she would die before Dick Van Dyke.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
January 25th, 2017 at 1:10:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 111
Posts: 11844
Quote: AZDuffman
Mary Tyler Moore now driving Mr. Grant crazy on the other side.


All the headlines are 'Goodbye Mary.' C'mon,
we said goodbye 25 years ago to MTM. If
you asked me if she was still alive this morning,
I would have had no idea. She disappeared
decades ago.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 25th, 2017 at 1:11:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 119
Posts: 5357
Quote: Evenbob
All the headlines are 'Goodbye Mary.' C'mon,
we said goodbye 25 years ago to MTM. If
you asked me if she was still alive this morning,
I would have had no idea. She disappeared
decades ago.


Reruns keep people alive for decades. I didn't know she was a Type 1 diabetic. Living to 80 is probably pretty decent.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
January 25th, 2017 at 1:21:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 103
Posts: 6981
Quote: rxwine
Reruns keep people alive for decades. I didn't know she was a Type 1 diabetic.


I didn't know she was a Republican. Says Ed Asner had a falling out over that.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 25th, 2017 at 1:54:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 111
Posts: 11844
Quote: AZDuffman
I didn't know she was a Republican. Says Ed Asner had a falling out over that.


John Wayne hated Asner. Never talked to him
on the set, even refused to say his name. Reason
was, Asner wouldn't leave Wayne alone about
being a Republican. Typical Lib. Wayne finally
wrote Asner off and just another Lib nutjob.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 25th, 2017 at 2:16:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 119
Posts: 5357
For me, Ted Knight's character was 50% of the draw of that show. He was the original inept anchorman.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
January 25th, 2017 at 3:10:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 103
Posts: 6981
Quote: rxwine
For me, Ted Knight's character was 50% of the draw of that show. He was the original inept anchorman.


I didn't watch much but what I did see looked like he carried the show.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 25th, 2017 at 3:15:29 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 85
Posts: 1421
Quote: AZDuffman
I didn't watch much but what I did see looked like he carried the show.


I think of his character like Rodney Dangerfield's in "Caddyshack", his role wasn't the biggest, but it was the most memorable.

Edit: I thought she was really good in the heavy drama movie, "Ordinary People". She was nominated for an Academy Award for that role.

Is Marlo Thomas still alive?
January 25th, 2017 at 4:27:25 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 38
Posts: 3297
Quote: Ayecarumba
I think of his character like Rodney Dangerfield's in "Caddyshack", his role wasn't the biggest, but it was the most memorable.


Dangerfield had a small part in Caddyshack
He got on set and blew everybody away, a small part turned into a bigger part

Kind of funny because when he first got on the set, he thought he bombed during filming because nobody laughed.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 25th, 2017 at 4:29:56 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 85
Posts: 1421
Quote: terapined
Dangerfield had a small part in Caddyshack
He got on set and blew everybody away, a small part turned into a bigger part

Kind of funny because when he first got on the set, he thought he bombed during filming because nobody laughed.


What's ironic is that Ted Knight played opposite Dangerfield in that movie.

Bill Murray was also a breakout in that classic comedy, as Chevy Chase faded into the background.