Poll function / display

January 17th, 2013 at 6:26:39 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
From the Monopoly Piece To Remove poll:
Quote: Wizard
Who voted for the hat? I feel like banning somebody.
Quote: miplet
I'm sure it's in the log files somewhere.
Quote: Wizard
It's not.

I know Mike was just kidding about the ban, but it surprises me that there's no way to figure out who voted for the hat.

I mean, the database does keep a record of total votes, and it knows who voted to prevent stuffing the ballot, so why doesn't it record the user's choice?

On that note, I've seen polls in other forums where the poll choice that I voted for appears in italics to remind me of my chose. Perhaps that functionality should be added. And once that's done, there WOULD be a way for Mike to get his answer - although I realize it might be too late for this particular case....
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
January 17th, 2013 at 7:53:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DJTeddyBear
From the Monopoly Piece To Remove poll:

I know Mike was just kidding about the ban, but it surprises me that there's no way to figure out who voted for the hat.

I mean, the database does keep a record of total votes, and it knows who voted to prevent stuffing the ballot, so why doesn't it record the user's choice?

On that note, I've seen polls in other forums where the poll choice that I voted for appears in italics to remind me of my chose. Perhaps that functionality should be added. And once that's done, there WOULD be a way for Mike to get his answer - although I realize it might be too late for this particular case....

Mike said it in jest. Please don't track votes. This is one of the few places around where you are not tracked in everything.
The President is a fink.
January 17th, 2013 at 9:04:26 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
I meant it not so much for tracking purposes, but because I sometimes can't remember what I voted for. That's why I usually post "I voted for ____." But I hate doing that because I think it may influence people who haven't voted yet.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
January 17th, 2013 at 1:25:50 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Mike said it in jest. Please don't track votes. This is one of the few places around where you are not tracked in everything.

You haven't seen my note book, AZ...

(joke, joke)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 17th, 2013 at 2:35:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
You haven't seen my note book, AZ...

(joke, joke)

Wonder if that is just one reason some black sedan keeps following me? Whoever sold the guys inside their suits had a good sense of humor.
The President is a fink.