Mexican riots

Page 2 of 3<123>
January 11th, 2017 at 2:36:33 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Everyone knows that. Wall a first step on southern border. Even Mexico has one.

Where?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 11th, 2017 at 2:50:05 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: TheCesspit
Where?

Good question.

For starters, Mexico doesn't have a southern border, it has two: Guatemala and Belize.

There is no wall along either border. there are some fences by the border crossings, but that's it.

There was a wall in Berlin that's not in use anymore, but I think it was largely destroyed and can't be easily reassembled. That's the kind of wall you want at the US-Mexico border, complete with plain dirt areas, barbed wire and machine guns (the latter might still be available for sale, come to think of it). But it wouldn't cover the whole border region anyway.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 11th, 2017 at 2:54:31 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: Nareed
Good question.

For starters, Mexico doesn't have a southern border, it has two: Guatemala and Belize.

There is no wall along either border. there are some fences by the border crossings, but that's it.

There was a wall in Berlin that's not in use anymore, but I think it was largely destroyed and can't be easily reassembled. That's the kind of wall you want at the US-Mexico border, complete with plain dirt areas, barbed wire and machine guns (the latter might still be available for sale, come to think of it). But it wouldn't cover the whole border region anyway.

What has Buzzard told you about facts Nareed? :)

My point, AZD has said this before, and was corrected at the time, as I recall.

Seems he's forgotten, or decided he didn't like the answer he was given.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 11th, 2017 at 3:04:17 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

Seeing how the orange man is going to pretend to be the chief executive of a country, perhaps it's time for the US to begin emulating a corrupt, underdeveloped country. But if so, then they should emulate the real things rather than the imagined ones.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 11th, 2017 at 3:34:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Good question.

Nareed's comment says it right there. He says there are fences near the border.

Also, work in Mexico as an illegal, see what happens.
The President is a fink.
January 11th, 2017 at 3:57:31 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Good question.

Also, work in Mexico as an illegal, see what happens.

You said 'wall' not fence. You implied one big long wall/fence/boundary seperation device. There is no such thing on either or Mexico's southern border.

You know there's fences near the US border with mexico already right? There's actually some pretty big walls in places too. The Mexican southern border is particularly open in places... so it's hardly 'they have one, we don't'. It's much the same or worse in Mexico.

As for returning illegal workers back to their home countries, that's a different thing entirely, that's not a -wall- either.
January 11th, 2017 at 4:07:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman

You said 'wall' not fence. You implied one big long wall/fence/boundary seperation device. There is no such thing on either or Mexico's southern border.

Wall/fence/whatever. An intelligent adult knows it is an interchangeable term for the conversation. And there is near population centers. Not as much in dense jungle not near population centers. Point is Mexico keeps illegals out while demanding the right to dump illegals in the USA.

Quote:
You know there's fences near the US border with mexico already right? There's actually some pretty big walls in places too. The Mexican southern border is particularly open in places... so it's hardly 'they have one, we don't'. It's much the same or worse in Mexico.

Of course I do. But more is clearly needed.
The President is a fink.
January 11th, 2017 at 4:33:51 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Operation Wetback (May 1954) originated from a request by the Mexican government to stop the illegal entry of Mexican laborers into the United States, a practice which had been regularized by mutual agreement during World War II by the bracero program. The Mexican government (contrary to the belief of many USA citizens) does try to discourage illegal immigration with armed federal troops and massive media campaigns (public service announcements).

Mexico is very concerned about illegal immigration on it's Southern border, and also concerned about the dangers of it's people crossing into the USA illegally.

There is considerable evidence that physical barriers and increased border patrol have ended the seasonal migration of mostly men doing physical labor, with the permanent illegal migration of women and children who live in the USA illegally for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006
The Secure Fence Act of 2006 was funded for $1.2 billion. The required funding of an additional $4 billion was never approved.

Since 2006 illegal immigration has steadily declined as a result of plummeting birth rates in Mexico and better economic conditions. This 42% drop in the value of the peso since DJT announced his candidacy has probably done more damage than a wall could ever fix.

Being concerned about the effectiveness and cost of a wall and it's impact on Mexican-American relationships is not the same as being for wide open borders.
January 11th, 2017 at 4:44:06 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Wall/fence/whatever. An intelligent adult knows it is an interchangeable term for the conversation.

No it's not. You are strongly implying in your first post that there was a long, unbroken wall on the Mexican southern borders, or at least something very different to what exists in the US/Mexico border.

But it's a nonsense, when what already exists near population centres and keeps illegals out in Mexico is very very similar to what the US already has in place. And it's much much worse in many places, near population centres, etc etc.

There is no Mexican Southern Wall. Don't pretend there is.

Quote:
And there is near population centers. Not as much in dense jungle not near population centers. Point is Mexico keeps illegals out while demanding the right to dump illegals in the USA.

The point is, the USA has much the same powers already that Mexico has, and 'wall' has come to mean something very distinct in Trump-language.

So, this intelligent Adult had to check what the hell you were talking about, as this intelligent adult went to look for the 'wall' in southern mexico when it first came up in the election... to find none, and to find a very porous border that the Mexican government doesn't much like either.
January 11th, 2017 at 4:45:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Pacomartin

Mexico is very concerned about illegal immigration on it's Southern border, and also concerned about the dangers of it's people crossing into the USA illegally.

They have also incorrectly referred to a wall as being "a Berlin Wall." They are more concerned about safety on the trip, not people being here. I would have to say never in history has one country offloaded so much of their population on another, at least over so many decades. They seem to be pushing people here, although I agree less and less since Mexico will soon reach zero population growth.

Quote:
Being concerned about the effectiveness and cost of a wall and it's impact on Mexican-American relationships is not the same as being for wide open borders.

But that is not the argument the left is making when they say "nobody is illegal" or install sanctuary cities. A large portion of the left, probably the majority, is for open borders. Most I have met it comes down to thinking we somehow have no standing to "judge" who comes in and who does not. An extension of the same people not wanting to "judge" anyone or say anything is right or wrong.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 3<123>