9 votes (90%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (10%)

10 members have voted

January 14th, 2017 at 1:27:56 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I rarely post here and over at WOV pretty much the same massage
But today will make an exception due some members here no longer really post over at WOV much
The poll over here has less choices is due to a smaller amount of members
The poll over at WOV has the choices divided by Democrat or republican

There is a lot of back and forth here regarding healthcare
Just wondering how many here on Obamacare
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 14th, 2017 at 1:33:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The poll is faulty since you can be on your own self-purchased plan but not taking Obamacare subsidies.
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2017 at 1:37:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I chose number 4.

"It's none of your business"
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 14th, 2017 at 3:30:53 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I doubt I've had health insurance for more than ten percent of my life and when I did have it ... it simply was not worth anything.
January 14th, 2017 at 5:24:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
I chose number 4.

"It's none of your business"

AKA Medicare.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 14th, 2017 at 6:12:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: ams288
AKA Medicare.

I have insurance outside of medicare,
you have to. Medicare is crap.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 15th, 2017 at 5:42:50 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
My obamacare plan is crap but cheap for me. I'm someone who will get screwed when obamacare is repealed but I support repeal on principle. Now that it exists at all means it's never really going to go away so maybe we should just go to single payer or socialized medicine and get it over with.
January 15th, 2017 at 6:21:00 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: pew
My obamacare plan is crap but cheap for me. I'm someone who will get screwed when obamacare is repealed but I support repeal on principle. Now that it exists at all means it's never really going to go away so maybe we should just go to single payer or socialized medicine and get it over with.

That was the intent all along...Obamacare was too poorly thought out and written to prevent it from being a failure overall. There was talk about how rates would go up and it wouldn't work back then; many (including the supporters) didn't bother to address those concerns and "fix" the issues before they got worse. Many did not care if it failed or not--they favored failure in many instances--because failure could open the door for single payer.

I don't know what we will end up with. I do find it interesting that all these folks are talking about needing to know more about Trump's plan when we basically didn't know crap about Obamacare until it was actually passed and signed (not even completely written). Those kind of people seem to forget Speaker Pelosi's comment about passing the law to know what was in it.

Yeah, obviously we DO need to know more about Trump's plan. I hope it is fully vetted and as many potential issues as possible are fixed as the bill moves towards passage are fixed. I hope it has some bipartisan support.

We'll see what happens...
January 15th, 2017 at 11:21:40 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I think some of the people who want to know more about Trump's plan don't believe that he has a plan at all.

It is one thing to have 2,700 pages that not everyone read.

It is another to have 2,700 blank pieces of paper that no one is allowed to look at.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 15th, 2017 at 12:23:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: pew
My obamacare plan is crap but cheap for me.

I only know one person who has Obamacare.
A 60 year old self employed IA farmer. He
hates it, his deductible is $6500. What's the
point if you have to shell out that much
money before a dime of insurance kicks in.
Page 1 of 212>