Inauguration

January 20th, 2017 at 8:50:30 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
It is - but that won't stop righties who live in the bubble like Duffy from trying.

Well, yes, I guess anyone who thinks 320 EC votes is a landslide is probably not really looking at real facts and numbers very well.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 20th, 2017 at 8:56:14 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: TheCesspit
Well, yes, I guess anyone who thinks 320 EC votes is a landslide is probably not really looking at real facts and numbers very well.

320? Donald got 306, and they consider THAT a "landslide."
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 20th, 2017 at 9:08:06 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: TheCesspit
That's BS.

Yes, Trump and accomplices are nothing but BS.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 20th, 2017 at 9:08:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Okay - we shall see if Donald does better.

The numbers will speak for themselves. His will have to be better than Obama's in order for you to consider him a success, no?

Obama has the highest unemployment and lowest growth in modern times. He is only modern potus with not one year of 3% growth. That is measurable.

The failure of Obamacare is harder to measure. As is the bad will of his major bombing in the Middle East. His near constant race baiting has put us back decades.

Hard to do worse.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2017 at 9:13:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Watching Predident Trump now. Amazing how he says "we" not "I" all the time. Refreshing change.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2017 at 9:45:54 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Don't tell that to Donald!

He was begging on Twitter for his mindless followers to show up and break the all time record. Not gonna happen. Sad!

He did say that. The full quote, from December 16: “Well, we all did it, together! I hope the "MOVEMENT" fans will go to D.C. on Jan 20th for the swearing in. Let's set the all time record!”

It doesn't look like it is going to happen.

It also looks like inaugurations weren't all that big a deal in terms of crowd draw. The record before Obama's 1.8 million was 400,000 for Bush. Before him, the crowds were even smaller.

http://www.ajc.com/news/national-govt--politics/look-back-presidential-inaugurations-past-performers-attendance-numbers/5vFhFaXAekpwJaidigVSKN/
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 20th, 2017 at 10:01:28 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
No one should underestimate the historic nature of President Obama's first inauguration. A nation once torn in two over slavery (I know...some say it was over state's rights...but if one of those "rights" being defended was the right to own people, the war was over slavery...no one should be able to own people) elected a black President.

I was not a supporter of President Obama and I don't think he'll be remembered as a particularly good President, but his election was historic by any measure. His attendance, based on the above, fell dramatically the second time around.

The crowd seems more "normalized" today and I am not all that upset about it. If it gives the lefties something to crow about, that'll just keep them distracted longer.

Me? We have a new President and I hope, as I did with Obama, he does well.
January 20th, 2017 at 10:15:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
No one should underestimate the historic nature of President Obama's first inauguration.

In that case, here's his 2nd inauguration in 2013 vs. today's.

Any way you slice it, the deplorables let Donald down today...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 20th, 2017 at 10:35:29 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
I am so happy! On another note, the Obama phenomenon will probably never be duplicated even when the first woman gets elected so Trump couldn't ever expect those kinds of crowds. Also, some folks unfortunately were scared off by the threats from the progressive haters. Of course those fears were unfounded as the yuge violent protests haven't materialized. Progressive terrorists know the threat alone will keep some woman and children away. So sad and unmanly.
January 20th, 2017 at 10:59:11 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: pew
Of course those fears were unfounded as the yuge violent protests haven't materialized..

All the big talk for weeks of stopping the
swearing in and all we get is some broken
windows? The morons must have thought
they were going to Ferguson, where the
cops ignored them for 3 days as they
looted half the stores in town.

Hillary looked good, though. Her expression
whenever they showed her was the one
she gives Bill when he's been diddling another
woman.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.