First 100 Days of Trump

Page 2 of 53<12345>Last »
January 23rd, 2017 at 5:01:45 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Dalex64
And that raised the cost of mortgage borrowing on the poor.

Didn't he reverse a measure Obama put in at the last moment? Yes it raises the cost of mortgages for the under funded. I'm not sure that the government should be in that business anyways.

I bet he never reverses the tax allowance on mortgage interest though. That'll scare things up (and is a terrible government incentive to have around, if you ask me, which you didn't).
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 23rd, 2017 at 5:06:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
The Fed prints money and buys government bonds. Budgets are NEVER cut, baseline budgeting guarantees a built-in increase every year. The real world does not work that way.

No need for analysis paralysis. Last thing we need is an outside study that would take a lifetime to complete given the size of government. Smart managers will figure it out, just like managers in the real world are forced to do.

Trump did what good leaders do--he acted. Obama was so incompetent waiting for studies it took him years to decide on a simple pipeline. Hopefully Trump reverses that bonehead sellout to the enviro-nuts.

Sorry, you only get out what you put into something. Shortcuts are just luck. At least you are mostly right with your first sentence. However, individual department budgets sometimes decrease.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2017 at 5:17:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Actually no. Obama left a land mine for Trump in a midnight cut in the MIP. Trump just put things back where they have been recently. If it was so hard on "the poor" Obama could have cut the MIP long ago.
The President is a fink.
January 23rd, 2017 at 5:27:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The only thing anyone will remember from the first 3 days is:

ALTERNATIVE FACTS
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 23rd, 2017 at 5:48:53 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
The only thing anyone will remember from the first 3 days is:

ALTERNATIVE FACTS

The whole planet is laughing at the White House and Trump
Even Miriam-Webster is having fun and tweeted "A fact is a piece of information presented as having objective reality"

Amazing, 3 days and the White House has lost their credibility
got to be a record :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 23rd, 2017 at 5:58:52 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This is from a public library:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 23rd, 2017 at 6:09:51 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: TheCesspit
Didn't he reverse a measure Obama put in at the last moment? Yes it raises the cost of mortgages for the under funded. I'm not sure that the government should be in that business anyways.

I bet he never reverses the tax allowance on mortgage interest though. That'll scare things up (and is a terrible government incentive to have around, if you ask me, which you didn't).

The thing I saw about it called the cut a "renewal" of an existing cut, but I haven't been able to corroborate that since then.

If Obama would not have signed the order if Hillary won the election, then yes it was a trap.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 23rd, 2017 at 9:57:28 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
The thing I saw about it called the cut a "renewal" of an existing cut, but I haven't been able to corroborate that since then.

If Obama would not have signed the order if Hillary won the election, then yes it was a trap.

"The Obama administration announced last week it would cut the insurance premium by a quarter of a percentage point to 0.60 percent, effective on Jan. 27."

This is all I saw (source: https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-20/trump-administration-overturns-obama-s-fha-mortgage-fee-cut)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 24th, 2017 at 2:20:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
"The Obama administration announced last week it would cut the insurance premium by a quarter of a percentage point to 0.60 percent, effective on Jan. 27."

This is all I saw (source: https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-20/trump-administration-overturns-obama-s-fha-mortgage-fee-cut)

It was indeed an Obama trap. We got the memo just hours after Trump took office that it was being reversed, so his people clearly saw the trap and reversed it. Obama left such landmines all over the place in his lame duck period.
The President is a fink.
January 24th, 2017 at 5:22:09 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
"Poor" people don't buy houses. Mortgage insurance is a rip off that should kill any deal anyway. Of course a "poor" person probably doesn't know that and would sign the papers anyway.
Page 2 of 53<12345>Last »