Quote: terapined
Amazing, 3 days and the White House has lost their credibility

Can you lose something you never had?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 24th, 2017 at 7:02:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: pew
"Poor" people don't buy houses. Mortgage insurance is a rip off that should kill any deal anyway. Of course a "poor" person probably doesn't know that and would sign the papers anyway.

FHA is no great deal I can tell you that. Loads of fees and pay a month of interest even for a day.

As I have said before, the government gets their money back even better than the mafia when they want to.
The President is a fink.
January 24th, 2017 at 7:27:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
January 24th, 2017 at 7:35:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Is trump now putting US farms out of business

Didn't farmers support Donald bigly?

The sadistic part of me kind of enjoys this news...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 24th, 2017 at 8:50:40 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: pew
"Poor" people don't buy houses. Mortgage insurance is a rip off that should kill any deal anyway. Of course a "poor" person probably doesn't know that and would sign the papers anyway.

Yes, mortgage insurance is me paying an insurance premium that doesn't benefit me. Only the bank.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 24th, 2017 at 9:04:54 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: TheCesspit
Yes, mortgage insurance is me paying an insurance premium that doesn't benefit me. Only the bank.
I would not pay it. Deal buster.
January 24th, 2017 at 9:08:14 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: ams288
Didn't farmers support Donald bigly?

The sadistic part of me kind of enjoys this news...
Somebodies ox is always getting gored. Even though my plan sucks I make out great premium wise under Obamacare. That being said it needs to go and I'll have to deal with it.
January 24th, 2017 at 9:48:13 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: TheCesspit

Another big bitch I have against PMI is that it doesn't go away automatically when you hit the target equity value. You have to realize you have hit that number, and then file to stop being charged PMI.

If I were paying it, I would be paying very close attention to those numbers. But I think a lot of people do not, and end up paying for PMI for months or even years when they don't have to.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 24th, 2017 at 11:06:45 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Dalex64
Another big bitch I have against PMI is that it doesn't go away automatically when you hit the target equity value. You have to realize you have hit that number, and then file to stop being charged PMI.

If I were paying it, I would be paying very close attention to those numbers. But I think a lot of people do not, and end up paying for PMI for months or even years when they don't have to.

I -believe- in Canada it was a single premium paid on taking out the mortgage, added to the mortgage itself, and you end up paying it over the lifetime of that mortgage, effectively.

I didn't like it, but it was that or continue renting, and I chose ownership. Currently that choice is a wash (I've done the sums) financially. I'm happier that the place I'm in is mine, and I can be there long term.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 24th, 2017 at 11:16:15 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I have a happy little idea--save enough money to pay the down payment required to avoid PMI and you avoid the need to insure your mortgage holder against you defaulting.

If you don't like it, don't put yourself in a position to pay it.

If you don't like what Trump did, write to him. Write your Congressperson and Senators. Make some noise.

Please at least do something about it along with complaining on a barely read message board!!
Page 3 of 53<123456>Last »