First 100 Days of Trump

Page 51 of 53« First<484950515253>
May 4th, 2017 at 6:55:04 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I heard one Republican say, basically, don't worry about how bad it is, because the senate will change it anyway.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 4th, 2017 at 9:45:33 AM permalink
Dalex64
This article is an example of what I was talking about.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/04/obamacare-repeal-bill-republicans-do-not-like-237982?cmpid=sf

Quote:
White House officials have argued to lawmakers that the bill will look totally different in the Senate and they just need political momentum. "Everyone knows this won't be the final product," one senior administration official said. "So if you don't like something, it's fine."

Quote:
In many ways, Republicans appear to be operating in the dark about the AHCA. There have been very few hearings. The full bill text was only unveiled hours before the scheduled vote. The Congressional Budget Office hasn't had time to finish its study of the legislation. White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Wednesday it is "literally impossible" to judge the impact of the bill. For his part, Trump, in interviews and conversations with associates, has seemed to care little about what the legislation says.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 4th, 2017 at 9:54:41 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64
This article is an example of what I was talking about.

"You have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 4th, 2017 at 10:00:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
"You have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it."

Yup. I can't even count how many times righties have used that line to attack Obamacare over the past 7 years.

The way they are ramming this monstrosity through is 100x worse.

The only bright side is Republicans are destined to pay the political price for it..
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 4th, 2017 at 11:39:32 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: ams288
Yup. I can't even count how many times righties have used that line to attack Obamacare over the past 7 years.

First principle of politics: It's only wrong when the other party does it.

Quote:
The only bright side is Republicans are destined to pay the political price for it..

Maybe. The 2018 elections are 18 months away. That's like ten lifetimes in political time.

For that matter, even if the Trumpcare abortion passes the House, it won't necessarily even come to a vote in the Senate. It' can't be filibustered, but it might be shot down with an arcane Senate rule concerning budget reconciliation.
May 4th, 2017 at 11:45:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
Maybe. The 2018 elections are 18 months away. That's like ten lifetimes in political time.

Maybe only one lifetime for all the Trump voters with pre-existing conditions who the Republicans just voted to majorly screw over.

The top 10 states with the highest percentage of non-elderly residents with pre-existing conditions are ALL states that voted for Trump.

The sadist in me says: Good, let them suffer. Elections have consequences.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 4th, 2017 at 12:24:09 PM permalink
Dalex64
It seems that, before, they were counting on Obama to veto the horrible legislation they came up with.

It seems like now, they are counting on the Senate to perform the same service for them.
May 4th, 2017 at 12:54:08 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: ams288
Maybe only one lifetime for all the Trump voters with pre-existing conditions who the Republicans just voted to majorly screw over.

Hopefully not. We'll see what the Senate does with it.

Quote:
The sadist in me says: Good, let them suffer. Elections have consequences.

To be fair, most think Obamacare is bad but they like the Affordable Care Act. And surely Golden Boy can tell the difference.
June 16th, 2017 at 12:11:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Makes little sense to me as well.

Quote:
His aides contend that Obama’s efforts amounted to "appeasement" and have done nothing to advance political freedoms in Cuba, while benefiting the Cuban government financially.
Trump’s critics have questioned why his administration is now singling out Cuba for its human rights record but downplaying the issue in other parts of the world.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 16th, 2017 at 12:18:49 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: rxwine
Makes little sense to me as well.

Duh! He gets no money from Cuba.
Page 51 of 53« First<484950515253>