First 100 Days of Trump

January 25th, 2017 at 4:29:48 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Sure they did.

"Their primary purposes (brownshirts) were providing protection for Nazi rallies and assemblies, disrupting the meetings of opposing parties, fighting against the paramilitary units of the opposing parties.. and intimidating Slavic and Romani citizens, unionists, and Jews – for instance, during the Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses."

They were involved with Hitler on every
level and took their marching orders from
him.

That sentence should have read 'everything' not 'anything'.

And nice copy and paste, glad you've now gone and read the wiki page. Now explain how that's exactly like the EPA. Has the EPA boycotted some Jewish businesses in your area. Have they been fighting paramilitary units up there in old Michigan? Have they been intimidating the Slavic contigent in Grand Rapids, smashing up their shops?

Again, the EPA has been tasked to enforce a set of environmental rules, and has the power to enforce them... you just don't agree with those rules and that mission. So your happy to see them cut back. We get it. But this is a complete false equivalence.

You even said it was more 'insidious'. The SA were not insidious. They were pretty much front and center for a number of years, before Hitler pulled the plug when they were no longer useful.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 25th, 2017 at 4:35:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Are you sure you are not confusing them with BLM?

I'm not confused at all.

Brown·shirt
ˈbrounSHərt/
noun
plural noun: Brownshirts

a member of an early Nazi militia founded by Hitler in Munich in 1921, with brown uniforms resembling that of Mussolini's Blackshirts. They aided Hitler's rise to power
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 25th, 2017 at 4:40:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I'm not confused at all.

Brown·shirt
ˈbrounSHərt/
noun
plural noun: Brownshirts

a member of an early Nazi militia founded by Hitler in Munich in 1921, with brown uniforms resembling that of Mussolini's Blackshirts. They aided Hitler's rise to power

I know who the Brownshirts were, I'm just saying the tactics look like BLM.
The President is a fink.
January 25th, 2017 at 4:59:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Trump working the room like Obama never did.

While I think the term "charm offensive" is kind of stupid, you can see Trump knows he cannot stay in his office with his inner circle and get things done. You have to meet and greet. You have to work the phones. And he is actually listening to people in the real world, the private sector, about how laws and regulations are affecting them.

Right now the union thing is interesting. Maybe only 5% of the population, but if he peels even a good part of them off there goes a huge part of the Democrat base.
The President is a fink.
January 25th, 2017 at 5:19:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Trump working the room like Obama never did.

While I think the term "charm offensive" is kind of stupid, you can see Trump knows he cannot stay in his office with his inner circle and get things done. You have to meet and greet. You have to work the phones. And he is actually listening to people in the real world, the private sector, about how laws and regulations are affecting them.

This is the polar opposite of what Obama
did. He was above meeting with the
little people of his kingdom, he was
their King and they did his bidding. He
was a typical Harvard stick-up-his-ass
snob elite.

Trump gets down in the trenches with
the common people, it's how you make
deals. And they are already loving him
for it. Who doesn't like visiting the WH.
A UAW union boss was thrilled yesterday
to meet with Trump in the WH. He said
in all 8 years he never even heard from
Obama, let alone be invited to meet.

This stuff makes a huge difference in
how you're perceived and Trump knows
this instinctively.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 25th, 2017 at 6:03:19 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Obama never had to pay people to cheer for him.

Donald does it all the time. He is a very insecure man.

Sad!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 25th, 2017 at 6:23:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: TheCesspit
It's the self same argument that some are using on the sweeping, wild scale changes that Trump is making now he's in power. Comparing it to the Reichstag Fire Decree. That's bogus as well..

I won't invoke comparisons to Hitler, however I do find him the most alarming American President in modern memory, and I think much of the world sees it the same way.

Who talks casually of using nuclear weapons? I can't think of single President who went into office with less historical or political knowledge of any modern Presidents. He's prone to conspiracy theories. He lies more than many of them by the minute. He is approving of torture, as of today; he brought it up again. And he doesn't say enhanced interrogation, he just calls it torture. He's going to round up 2 and half million people. His signature policy is building a wall.

People are bragging that he's on his way to following through on everything. Well, I can't even take the casual statement on nuclear weapons as hyperbole. Haven't even mentioned half of his most questionable statements.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 25th, 2017 at 7:05:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

People are bragging that he's on his way to following through on everything. Well, I can't even take the casual statement on nuclear weapons as hyperbole. Haven't even mentioned half of his most questionable statements.

Not a big deal on nukes. Radiation clears the sinuses. Maybe they will return fire to Detroit or Gary and we will not notice the difference, or maybe wonder why the improvement.
The President is a fink.
January 25th, 2017 at 7:12:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman

A UAW union boss was thrilled yesterday
to meet with Trump in the WH. He said
in all 8 years he never even heard from
Obama, let alone be invited to meet.

This stuff makes a huge difference in
how you're perceived and Trump knows
this instinctively.

Awesome that he is meeting with a UAW boss. That is the kind of thing that gets you small victories that add up. Obama spent his time crowing about how he won and for the GOP to go sit in back and let him drive. Trump so far understands the election is over and is getting to work.

Trump impresses a UAW boss with a visit, then some more with better trade terms protecting domestic production. Then he can call the UAW boss to put pressure on Democrat Senators to break a filibuster or some other thing. Trump knows how people operate.
The President is a fink.
January 25th, 2017 at 7:38:52 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
I won't invoke comparisons to Hitler, however I do find him the most alarming American President in modern memory, and I think much of the world sees it the same way.

Who talks casually of using nuclear weapons? I can't think of single President who went into office with less historical or political knowledge of any modern Presidents. He's prone to conspiracy theories. He lies more than many of them by the minute. He is approving of torture, as of today; he brought it up again. And he doesn't say enhanced interrogation, he just calls it torture. He's going to round up 2 and half million people. His signature policy is building a wall.

You see, that's sober analytical thought. That points out some facts (and everyone can yell about them, and say how these are all good things). it doesn't immediately leap to the bottom and say 'oooga, booga, boogie man Hitler, thus bad'.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life