Come on over! All are welcome

Page 2 of 2<12
January 27th, 2017 at 6:38:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
That's how you spell it

That's how YOU spell it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 27th, 2017 at 6:42:43 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Evenbob
That's how YOU spell it.

I and the dictionary.

You lose, Bob. He's played you, to the point where you can't even spell. Now please go bother some other thread.
January 27th, 2017 at 6:44:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
I and the dictionary.

EE Cummings used no caps. Because
he didn't want to. Get it?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 27th, 2017 at 6:49:48 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
EE Cummings used no caps. Because
he didn't want to. Get it?

Then why are you referring to him as "EE Cummings" when he actually referred to himself, and signed his work, as "ee cummings"?

That aside, he wrote poetry, and poetry, famously, doesn't have to conform to grammatical or punctuation rules. Also, his leaving out capital letters was deliberate. Your spelling blunders, in sharp contrast, are from simple ignorance. Get it?

(contemptuous "lol")
January 27th, 2017 at 7:09:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Then why are you referring to him as "EE Cummings"

Because when referred to as a writer,
you use caps. Odd you don't know
that.

"[i carry your heart with me(i carry it in]
By E. E. Cummings"
January 28th, 2017 at 1:17:03 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Because when referred to as a writer,
you use caps. Odd you don't know
that.

"[i carry your heart with me(i carry it in]
By E. E. Cummings"

Six days without EB--how will we survive...
January 28th, 2017 at 4:04:16 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Six days without EB--how will we survive...

This creates an interesting question based on a poll asking how long people thought that you would be around after you got back. For the record, I seem to be one of the ones who thought you would last the longest...for whatever that is worth.

Anyway, does the absence of EB for six days extend the time you last here before your next suspension or not?

EB was suspended for sins committed, but it is kind of interesting how the whole thing got started by you hollering "personal insult" and then other recent infractions were suddenly brought to light. I guess you were "against" bans for personal insults before you were "for" them...perhaps because the blatant insults you posted got you suspended while EB's less blatant jabs resulted in nothing happening.

You've told us how much better of a writer you are than EB and that you can skirt the PI issue as well as he can but you don't care to do so. Since you cared enough to help push the EB issue, I think you do care. My challenge is for you and EB (and anyone else who disagrees with you)...who can go the longest without using a personal insult? You or them?
January 28th, 2017 at 8:52:02 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Is "personal insult" really that black and white?
January 28th, 2017 at 9:47:22 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: RonC

EB was suspended for sins committed, but it is kind of interesting how the whole thing got started by you hollering "personal insult" and then other recent infractions were suddenly brought to light. I guess you were "against" bans for personal insults before you were "for" them...perhaps because the blatant insults you posted got you suspended while EB's less blatant jabs resulted in nothing happening.

Uh, Ron...my last two suspensions were at the direct personal instigation of EB. And for what it's worth, an insult is an insult regardless of how carefully it's worded. It's like the difference between "n****r" and "nigger"--essentially, none at all. EB has learned to make slightly less insulting insults than I do--a skill of which he should be oh, so proud! And yes, I'm a far better writer than he--and I care far less about whether I stay on this board or not. Given EB's constant presence here and what, twenty thousand posts so far (I'm guessing; I'm not going to bother to look), a six-day suspension for him is existential torture, while for me, several weeks without the esteemed DT board and its Trumpers bothered me not at all. So maybe the rules SHOULD be different for him, since he has so much more at stake? Hmmm....

Try to be objective. "The whole thing got started," in this instance, by EB flinging insults, not by my pointing them out.
January 28th, 2017 at 9:54:09 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: pew
Is "personal insult" really that black and white?

Of course not. Some of the insults EB flings are definitely in the gray area. He's got combat experience in being suspended from various forums, so given that participation on this board is so very, very, very important to him, he's learned to make backhanded, veiled, vague, and ambiguous insults rather than the kind that say, Trumpie-poo makes.

It's indisputably a skill, one perhaps not worth having but it's instructive nonetheless to see it in practice so often. That's why I await EB's return with bated breath--so I can learn to insult properly, at the feet of the master. Watching Trump videos doesn't cut it--he lacks subtlety.
Page 2 of 2<12