Visa Ban

January 30th, 2017 at 12:11:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: buzzardknot
" Admission strictly through grades and tests : At least a liberal taking a firm stand against " Affirmative Action " Congratulation for supporting the effort to have such racist laws repealed.

To me, its all separate issues
Let the Asians into Ivy League schools that qualify
I support the police officer against Michael Brown
I don't support 15.00 min wage
I don't support a requirement that a Presidential candidate must release his tax returns
I have always been against and suspicious of Russia and that why I voted for Reagan. Don't trust Russia. Cant believe the Right abandoned me on this one. lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 30th, 2017 at 12:23:28 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Separate issues ? Surely you jest. Separate issues ? Affirmative Action and " Admission strictly through grades and tests " No wonder Evenbob is enjoying his vacation. LOL
January 30th, 2017 at 1:01:02 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: terapined
Because a human being is a human being.
Immigration is for human beings, not European human beings
All human beings are equal in my eyes
Human beings from Asia, Africa and the Middle east are just as human as Europeans
I didn't ask if non Europeans were human beings. Immigration serves the self interest of the host nation. Why is it not in our self interest to encourage Europeans to emigrate here? It has nothing to do with Asian, African or south of our border immigrants.
January 30th, 2017 at 1:07:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: pew
I didn't ask if non Europeans were human beings. Immigration serves the self interest of the host nation. Why is it not in our self interest to encourage Europeans to emigrate here? It has nothing to do with Asian, African or south of our border immigrants.

How is this self interest?
I enjoy a variety of different ethnic restaurants
I imagine our self interest would be variety
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 30th, 2017 at 1:15:45 PM permalink
buzzardknot
" How is this NOT self interest? " Admission strictly through grades and tests " Forget Affirmative Action
January 30th, 2017 at 1:20:30 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: terapined
How is this self interest?
I enjoy a variety of different ethnic restaurants
I imagine our self interest would be variety
Your post is incoherent. How is what self interest? I too enjoy ethnic restaurants. So what?
January 30th, 2017 at 1:22:56 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Me too, although I must admit I do not eat Chinese food anymore. Sometimes I choke when they don't get all the fur off the cat.
January 30th, 2017 at 1:24:52 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: JimRockford

“It is clear from the confusion at our airports...

Can anyone expand on this? I heard EB mention it, heard snippets on the radio, but I've no idea what's "going on at the airports".

Admittedly, this is a self-serving request. I'm flying this week and would like to know if I should pack sedatives for peace of mind or stimulants to kick some hippie ass. JFK and ATL specifically; don't reckon there'll be any fussy-pants at BUF =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 30th, 2017 at 1:30:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Face
Can anyone expand on this? I heard EB mention it, heard snippets on the radio, but I've no idea what's "going on at the airports".

Admittedly, this is a self-serving request. I'm flying this week and would like to know if I should pack sedatives for peace of mind or stimulants to kick some hippie ass. JFK and ATL specifically; don't reckon there'll be any fussy-pants at BUF =p

Might want to give yourself some extra time at JFK.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 30th, 2017 at 1:33:55 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Bet check that NO FLY LIST. You do own guns, don't forget.