January 30th, 2017 at 4:35:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: terapined
To me, its all separate issues
Let the Asians into Ivy League schools that qualify
I support the police officer against Michael Brown
I don't support 15.00 min wage
I don't support a requirement that a Presidential candidate must release his tax returns
I have always been against and suspicious of Russia and that why I voted for Reagan. Don't trust Russia. Cant believe the Right abandoned me on this one. lol

Quote: buzzardknot
Separate issues ? Surely you jest. Separate issues ? Affirmative Action and " Admission strictly through grades and tests " No wonder Evenbob is enjoying his vacation. LOL

????????
When have I ever supported affirmative action?
Again, I take it issue by issue
Most of the time I lean left
But as you can see above, I don't always lean lib, sometimes I support the conservative view
Give me an issue. I'll let you know where I stand. Who knows. I may surprise you
I would hope you are the type of person that may side with libs on a few issues as I side with conservatives on a few.
Maybe not
We should look at each issue individually.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 30th, 2017 at 5:38:20 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Give me an issue. I'll let you know where I stand. Who knows. I may surprise you ++++Affirmative Action+++
January 30th, 2017 at 7:00:23 PM permalink
terapined
Give me an issue. I'll let you know where I stand. Who knows. I may surprise you ++++Affirmative Action+++

I am not comfortable with affirmative action
Cool?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 30th, 2017 at 8:35:16 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
What the hell does that mean ? Did Hillary help you with that answer? You seem to have an opinion on a multitude of subjects.
" I'd rather not say " would have been more honest.
January 30th, 2017 at 9:46:46 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
What the hell does that mean ? Did Hillary help you with that answer? You seem to have an opinion on a multitude of subjects.

Why does affirmative action overstimulate you so, and why are you hijacking this thread with it?
January 31st, 2017 at 4:51:41 AM permalink
terapined
What the hell does that mean ?.

I am against.
Do you need me tp go to the dictionary?

Did Hillary help you with that answer?.

I disagree with Hill.
this comment of yours above makes no sense

You seem to have an opinion on a multitude of subjects.

why?
I am being very honest
I don't take the liberal side blindly on every issue
Do you follow trump right down the line on every single issue?
January 31st, 2017 at 5:09:29 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: pew
Can someone explain why it would be a bad thing for the U.S. to promote European immigration?

Europe has such low birth rates that they are often asking for the grandchildren and great grandchildren of their immigrants to return. For instance Italy would like Italians living in Argentina for a century to return to Italy.

You can promote all you like, but there is no demographic reason for large numbers of Western Europeans to come to the USA.
January 31st, 2017 at 6:10:09 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Pacomartin
Europe has such low birth rates that they are often asking for the grandchildren and great grandchildren of their immigrants to return. For instance Italy would like Italians living in Argentina for a century to return to Italy.

You can promote all you like, but there is no demographic reason for large numbers of Western Europeans to come to the USA.
Bottom line. No one is able to come up with an answer. There is in the end nothing inherently wrong with a European immigrating to the U.S.ofA. other than blind prejudice.
January 31st, 2017 at 6:34:01 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: pew
Bottom line. No one is able to come up with an answer. There is in the end nothing inherently wrong with a European immigrating to the U.S.ofA. other than blind prejudice.

here is your answer
There is in the end nothing inherently wrong with Asians immigrating to the USA
There is in the end nothing inherently wrong with Africans immigrating to the USA
There is in the end nothing inherently wrong with Middle Easters immigrating to the USA
To be against Asians, Africans, Middle East (Jews, Christians, Muslims) immigrating is blind prejudice
January 31st, 2017 at 6:55:37 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: terapined
here is your answer
There is in the end nothing inherently wrong with Asians immigrating to the USA
There is in the end nothing inherently wrong with Africans immigrating to the USA
There is in the end nothing inherently wrong with Middle Easters immigrating to the USA
To be against Asians, Africans, Middle East (Jews, Christians, Muslims) immigrating is blind prejudice
So why not Europeans?