Coastal America, stop apologizing for being great

Page 1 of 41234>
January 30th, 2017 at 11:10:41 AM permalink
Canyonero
Threads: 10
For your consideration:

Notice the strong negative correlation between green (local GDP, top map) and red (voting for Trump, bottom map).

On the coasts, we have an elite, the doers and jobcreators who keep the US afloat and a success.
Then we have the moochers in the flyover states, who mourn the loss of their white privilege and contribute nothing. Now, they have decided to hold the country hostage by making an idiot president on the promise to make them great again. They never were great. The "great" America is coastal America (and Texas).

So liberals and progressives on the coasts, I submit this to you:
- Stop apologizing for your success and say you're great.
- You didn't believe the loser states could do what they did, make Trump president. But it happened. Make sure it doesn't happen again.
- Put the moochers in their place, make them grateful for being allowed to stay in the Union and be fed and clothed by it. Let them hate the "liberal elite" while their teeth rot. But do not allow them the narrative of being the "real America". The real America is and always was coastal America.
January 30th, 2017 at 11:44:52 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Aww the great success of those minorities blessed to live in those areas of great economic growth. To be a black man or women living in Chicago. Just listen to the sound of bullets flying. and just a mere 40% of Baltimore families are living at or below the poverty levels. Yes indeed, decades of Democratic leadership have shown the light of wisdom.

Nice to see a thread that shows just how elite all those farmers are.
January 30th, 2017 at 11:53:49 AM permalink
Canyonero
Quote: buzzardknot
Aww the great success of those minorities blessed to live in those areas of great economic growth. To be a black man or women living in Chicago. Just listen to the sound of bullets flying. and just a mere 40% of Baltimore families are living at or below the poverty levels. Yes indeed, decades of Democratic leadership have shown the light of wisdom.

Nice to see a thread that shows just how elite all those farmers are.

Well, my point is this: You live in Chicago, you contribute 611 billion, you get to choose your own doom, if that is what you wish to do. You live in white rural America, you contribute nothing, you shut the fuck up and be grateful of what's coming to you (from Chicago, btw).
January 30th, 2017 at 11:55:02 AM permalink
buzzardknot
have a nice suspension.
January 30th, 2017 at 12:18:35 PM permalink
Canyonero
Quote: buzzardknot
have a nice suspension.

I didn't mean to offend you. There is a form of you that is called the "generic you". You can just substitute the indefinite pronoun "one" for it, that may make it clearer. For me that is pretty clear from the context. You can find out more about it here.
January 30th, 2017 at 12:25:38 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Oh, I did not understand "shut the F up " was a compliment. My error. So sweet of you to spell out the f word for us less educated and civilized.
January 30th, 2017 at 12:32:46 PM permalink
Canyonero
Well, I do not believe in "good" and "bad" words. I wasn't raised to put things in boxes, but to make up my own mind on a case by case basis. I do, however, only use profanity sparingly to avoid hurting other's feelings.
January 30th, 2017 at 12:50:09 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Are you color blind ? It's red and blue not green.
January 30th, 2017 at 12:53:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
All I see is a map that correlates output and population, nothing more.
The President is a fink.
January 30th, 2017 at 12:56:52 PM permalink
Canyonero
Quote: pew
Are you color blind ? It's red and blue not green.

You need to compare the two maps. Green is economic output on the first map and red is Trump votes on the second. Edited OP to clarify.
Page 1 of 41234>