Comic book characters on television

Page 3 of 3<123
February 8th, 2017 at 8:19:39 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Nareed
I think that may have been it.

You know what bothers me most about vampire stories? That the lead often simply waste their immortal lives. Few seem to grow an interest in pursuing science, technology, art, philosophy or anything else worthwhile. Imagine being able to dedicate centuries to thorny problems at your physical and mental peak.

It's tough to get things done when you only work nights.
February 8th, 2017 at 11:29:34 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
I think that may have been it.

You know what bothers me most about vampire stories? That the lead often simply waste their immortal lives. Few seem to grow an interest in pursuing science, technology, art, philosophy or anything else worthwhile. Imagine being able to dedicate centuries to thorny problems at your physical and mental peak.

Requiem for Methuselah (1969) from Star Trek TOS

The main trio (of course) beam down and encounter Flint, seemingly sole occupant and owner of the planet. 'Flint,' it turns out is Da Vinci, the composer Brahms, as well as Solomon, Lazarus, Methuselah and Merlin, besides a hundred others. For reasons never explained, he is some kind of a mutant .

February 8th, 2017 at 12:40:02 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Requiem for Methuselah (1969) from Star Trek TOS

The main trio (of course) beam down and encounter Flint, seemingly sole occupant and owner of the planet. 'Flint,' it turns out is Da Vinci, the composer Brahms, as well as Solomon, Lazarus, Methuselah and Merlin, besides a hundred others. For reasons never explained, he is some kind of a mutant .

Well, thanks for the spoiler! I haven't' seen that ep! :)

Seriously, I haven't seen it (nor "Spock's Brain" nor the series finale)

But that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. Imagine an immortal Newton, Einstein, Shakespeare, Beethoven, Curie, etc. What would they do with their unlimited time?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 3rd, 2017 at 4:55:49 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
We are now 4 episodes into Legion and it is proving to be one of the most complex hallucinatory shows I have ever seen. I must watch each episode at least twice as I tend to get lost the first time. Viewership has plunged. I like the show, but it is a struggle.

Page 3 of 3<123